Forums > Queen - General Discussion > night at the opera differances question

forum rss feed
Author

Phill the Thrill user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 228 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 18 Aug 06, 14:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Okay, I have been trying to figure this out for a while.

It involves 3 different products

1 – 30th anniversary –night at the opera
2 – making a night at the opera (1 disc)
3 - making a night at the opera (2 disc, available on website)

the 30th anniversary album comes with the remixed CD, and the DVD with 5.1 enhanced plus a bunch of bonus stuff.

The single disc making of is just that

The double disc making of has a bunch of special features that sound similar to the 30th album

The question is. Are the special features on the 30th anniversary album the same as the bonus disc on making of?

I want to get the 30th and the making of. But if the special features are the same I will just get the regular version.

Now if the special features are different, is it worth getting the 2 disc version of making of…from the website?

Can anyone shed some light on this matter?

Help is much appreciated

Queen+PR Vancouver 13/04/06 anyone? Please FIND and SHARE it!
Gone. user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 7178 posts

Posted: 18 Aug 06, 15:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Phill the Thrill wrote:

Okay, I have been trying to figure this out for a while.

It involves 3 different products

1 – 30th anniversary –night at the opera
2 – making a night at the opera (1 disc)
3 - making a night at the opera (2 disc, available on website)

the 30th anniversary album comes with the remixed CD, and the DVD with 5.1 enhanced plus a bunch of bonus stuff.

The single disc making of is just that

The double disc making of has a bunch of special features that sound similar to the 30th album

The question is. Are the special features on the 30th anniversary album the same as the bonus disc on making of?

I want to get the 30th and the making of. But if the special features are the same I will just get the regular version.

Now if the special features are different, is it worth getting the 2 disc version of making of…from the website?

Can anyone shed some light on this matter?

Help is much appreciated

OMG! That is the SAME exact question that I had in mind!!! Is it the same? I have the MAKING OF A NIGHT AT THE OPERA. Is the DVD that comes with the 30th anniversary thingy Cd, the same exact thing? I have been wondering also...

Bohardy user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2447 posts

Posted: 18 Aug 06, 19:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

There's absolutely no reason to get the two-DVD version of the Classic Albums ANATO (the 'Making Of A Night At The Opera') as the bonus DVD on that is the exact same DVD from the 30th anniversary release of ANATO.

In short: Buy ANATO 30th anniversary edition and the single-DVD version of ANATO Classic Albums. That's all you need.

Gullibility and credulity are considered undesirable qualities in every department of human life -- except religion.
beautifulsoup user not visiting Queenzone.com
beautifulsoup
Royalty: 1797 posts

Posted: 18 Aug 06, 21:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Bohardy wrote:

There's absolutely no reason to get the two-DVD version of the Classic Albums ANATO (the 'Making Of A Night At The Opera') as the bonus DVD on that is the exact same DVD from the 30th anniversary release of ANATO.

In short: Buy ANATO 30th anniversary edition and the single-DVD version of ANATO Classic Albums. That's all you need.

Yay. That's what I did.

"You are only young once, but you can stay immature indefinitely." - Ogden Nash
Deacon Fan user not visiting Queenzone.com
on vacation
Deacon Fan
Royalty: 1757 posts

Posted: 18 Aug 06, 22:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yep, that's what I did.. see how confusing it gets when they keep releasing shit over and over? :-P

On the other hand, the 2-DVD set is all you need if you don't have any of the stuff.. because the Anniversary DVD (disc 2) includes a PCM version of the remastered album..

LOL

Gone. user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 7178 posts

Posted: 18 Aug 06, 22:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Bohardy wrote:

THANK YOU SO MUCH!! YAY!

Posted: 21 Aug 06, 14:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

thanks everyone this is exactly the answer i needed, i was going to buy the 30th pkus the 2 disc, but then it seemed they were the same, and i figured I would ask the experts. thanks muchly

Posted: 23 Aug 06, 10:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I work at an HMV in Canada, and I did a search for it last night and it shows up in the system, so at the very least you’ll be able order it here. Cant remember how much it cost.

Posted: 23 Aug 06, 10:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

bah, sorry wrong window

Rikke user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 214 posts

Posted: 26 Aug 06, 17:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Well, I have all thre 30th Anniversary things. The cd/dvd, the making-of-dvd (including the cd with videos, which I then have two of :b) and the EP B)

The making-of-dvd (the dvd box-set) is not the same as the dvd in the cd/dvd.

Though, I can't watch the making-of-dvd, because I have a lowsy dvd-player, that for some matter can't play exaclty THAT disc. Grr!

I'm going slightly mad