Forums > Queen - Serious Discussion > LP Value

forum rss feed
Author

Agr12345 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 99 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 21 Aug 06, 16:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hello all. i would like to know the value of purple Queen I LP (yes i can check on queenpicturehall but there the price are not updated)

Thanks

rocks. user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1808 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 21 Aug 06, 17:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I bought mine for 7 dollars canadian last winter...so not to much, lol.

if you mean vinyl rcord by L.P. though, lol.

Micrówave user not visiting Queenzone.com
Delilah, on Medium Power
Micrówave
Deity: 7037 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 21 Aug 06, 18:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

US? UK? Tibetan?

Gold crest or White crest on the front of the album?

There are many different versions of the album, you need to be more specific.

rocks. user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1808 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 21 Aug 06, 19:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

er..i'll be specific about my copy...its the original 1973 print, its a 12 inch vinyl record, printed by WEA Music Of Canada...copyright elektra records 1973... gold crest on the back of the album...

It worth anything? :-P

Phato user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 225 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 21 Aug 06, 21:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

agr12345 -I have this vinyl!

It's a quite hard to find Czeck Rep. reissue made in 1992

Someone told me that its value is about 100 euros, I bought it for 50 euros 1 year ago from a friend of mine that was in need of money...

Ciao


When you're feeling down and your resistance is low...

Light another cigarette and let yourself go
SK user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 812 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 22 Aug 06, 00:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

WhatMustHeThink wrote:

er..i'll be specific about my copy...its the original 1973 print, its a 12 inch vinyl record, printed by WEA Music Of Canada...copyright elektra records 1973... gold crest on the back of the album...

It worth anything? :-P


I'd say about $8-$11(Good-Mint) 25% off for scratches. cheers

radio_what's_new user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 542 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 22 Aug 06, 05:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Excellent/mint copies with the gold queen crest fetch more than that they go on sale for 20-30 Euros (40 dollars)

rocks. user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1808 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 22 Aug 06, 15:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

radio_what's_new wrote:

Excellent/mint copies with the gold queen crest fetch more than that they go on sale for 20-30 Euros (40 dollars)


Well mines in exelent condition, gold crest so...muahaha, guess it is worth a little bit...not gonna attempt to sell it or anything though, just nice to know, lol.

SK user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 812 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 23 Aug 06, 02:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

WhatMustHeThink wrote:

radio_what's_new wrote:

Excellent/mint copies with the gold queen crest fetch more than that they go on sale for 20-30 Euros (40 dollars)


Well mines in exelent condition, gold crest so...muahaha, guess it is worth a little bit...not gonna attempt to sell it or anything though, just nice to know, lol.


I believe thats for the Euro, Laminated print my dear. The canadian print isn't worth as much :( Sorry. I know how it feels, believe me! Thats why I collect UK lps, cheers.

radio_what's_new user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 542 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 23 Aug 06, 08:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SK wrote:

WhatMustHeThink wrote:

radio_what's_new wrote:

Excellent/mint copies with the gold queen crest fetch more than that they go on sale for 20-30 Euros (40 dollars)


Well mines in exelent condition, gold crest so...muahaha, guess it is worth a little bit...not gonna attempt to sell it or anything though, just nice to know, lol.


I believe thats for the Euro, Laminated print my dear. The canadian print isn't worth as much :( Sorry. I know how it feels, believe me! Thats why I collect UK lps, cheers.


The canadian gold printed one is worth 20-30 EUROs and the canadian gold EMBOSSED one is worth 30-40 EUROs
The Italian gold EMBOSSED one will fetch 50 EUROS or more, if it's mint.
The market for Queen records and memoribilia has decreased much. So it isn't for sure that these items will be sold for these prices. That's the work of the market.


Agr12345 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 99 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 23 Aug 06, 15:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Phato wrote:

agr12345 -I have this vinyl!

It's a quite hard to find Czeck Rep. reissue made in 1992

Someone told me that its value is about 100 euros, I bought it for 50 euros 1 year ago from a friend of mine that was in need of money...

Ciao


Yes this one is my LP too.
About 100€??? I bought it for only 15$ three years ago :D

SK user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 812 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 23 Aug 06, 22:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

radio_what's_new wrote:

SK wrote:

WhatMustHeThink wrote:

radio_what's_new wrote:

Excellent/mint copies with the gold queen crest fetch more than that they go on sale for 20-30 Euros (40 dollars)


Well mines in exelent condition, gold crest so...muahaha, guess it is worth a little bit...not gonna attempt to sell it or anything though, just nice to know, lol.


I believe thats for the Euro, Laminated print my dear. The canadian print isn't worth as much :( Sorry. I know how it feels, believe me! Thats why I collect UK lps, cheers.


The canadian gold printed one is worth 20-30 EUROs and the canadian gold EMBOSSED one is worth 30-40 EUROs
The Italian gold EMBOSSED one will fetch 50 EUROS or more, if it's mint.
The market for Queen records and memoribilia has decreased much. So it isn't for sure that these items will be sold for these prices. That's the work of the market.


I'm afraid you are right. They don't sell for these prices anymore. I struggle to sell rarer Queen lps for 10 euroes :( Oh well..

pcgenius9 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 937 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 24 Aug 06, 07:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It comes back to the good old supply and demand curve. If supply outweighs demans then the price comes down, if demand outweighs supply then the price goes up. There are probably lots of records easy to get old of now eBay is popular.


Dislocate your spine...
Jjeroen user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4781 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 24 Aug 06, 07:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Agr12345 wrote:

Phato wrote:

agr12345 -I have this vinyl!

It's a quite hard to find Czeck Rep. reissue made in 1992

Someone told me that its value is about 100 euros, I bought it for 50 euros 1 year ago from a friend of mine that was in need of money...

Ciao


Yes this one is my LP too.
About 100€??? I bought it for only 15$ three years ago :D

Right - that was the one we were talking about from the beginning.
It's indeed the Globus edition, which was printed in numerous different colours (and multi-colour). One of those 'unofficial' official releases. I also have it in pink and purple.
Normal price was indeed round 15-20 euro's - nowadays it still is not worth very much though the price has gone up a little. But no-one will ever sell these for 100 eruo's! lol!
Half max.

Phato user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 225 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 24 Aug 06, 11:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

@jeroen

You say nobody will sell it for 100 euros?
Try there then...
http://eil.com/shop/moreinfo.asp?catalogid=153082

:-D

Ciao Ciao


When you're feeling down and your resistance is low...

Light another cigarette and let yourself go
Jjeroen user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4781 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 24 Aug 06, 11:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

They may OFFER it for that price.
But if it is still on the Eil website, they obviously did not SELL it (yet)! ;-)

Eil is always way overpriced, btw.

Phato user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 225 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 24 Aug 06, 12:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

You're right, mate! And I've checked eil site, the prices there seems so high!

I've checked also queenpicturehall (this is for you, agr12345) and there the value of the vinyl we're talking about is 80$
I think that this is the more reliable appraisal...


When you're feeling down and your resistance is low...

Light another cigarette and let yourself go