Forums > Fan mixes > I really want to know!

forum rss feed
Author

bobo the chimp user not visiting Queenzone.com
bobo the chimp
Deity: 12700 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 23 Aug 06, 11:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

This isn't Queen related, but I figure someone's got to know...

I want to make a backing track for "Who Are You". The thing giving me jip is, predictably, the spluttery ARP2600 sounds in the background - I found a pretty spiffy emulator for this old synthesiser, it even has a preset called "Who Are You" - but it's just not like the real sound.

Anyone got any ideas how I can mimic this reasonably well? I'm an utter bonehead when it comes to synths.

"Your not funny, your not a good musician, theres a difference between being funny and being an idiot, you obviously being the latter" - Dave R Fuller
bobo the chimp

Posted: 26 Aug 06, 10:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hah! Well, I'm not surprised no one had anything to offer. Top this though - I've been playing with the ARP2600, a fantastic device if ever there was one. Get a load of this shit!

It falls apart towards the end because I got carried away with some of the settings.

http://rapidshare.de/files/30834790/way.mp3.html

"Your not funny, your not a good musician, theres a difference between being funny and being an idiot, you obviously being the latter" - Dave R Fuller
Suigi user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 856 posts

Posted: 27 Aug 06, 00:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Zebonka12 wrote:

Hah! Well, I'm not surprised no one had anything to offer. Top this though - I've been playing with the ARP2600, a fantastic device if ever there was one. Get a load of this shit!

It falls apart towards the end because I got carried away with some of the settings.

http://rapidshare.de/files/30834790/way.mp3.html>

Cool!
When you finish the backing track, upload it.
Might be good for karaoke.

HE ROCKS US STILL.

Proud Supporter of the Queen Lives Compilation
bobo the chimp

Posted: 27 Aug 06, 05:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Definitely, I want to make a 6 minute synth loop I can play along to with my brother.