Forums > Queen - General Discussion > Your favorite "disliked" Queen songs

forum rss feed
Author

NJQueenFan user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 187 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 24 Aug 06, 13:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

What are your favorite Queen songs that tend to be viewed in more of a negative light? I can think of a few immediately.

Modern Times' Rock and Roll - I always see people saying this is one of the weaker songs off their debut album. I can't disagree more, its short and quick and it rocks. I think it was even better live with Freddie on vocals.

Funny How Love Is - no, not the best song of Queen II, but some think it shouldn't have even included on the album. The way it is sung almost makes it seem like it's leading to some climactic point on the album and IMO that's pretty cool.

Sweet Lady - this song just rocks, I don't see the problem people could have with this one. OK, maybe the "some kind of a cheese" line, but could you do any better?

Good Old-Fashioned Lover Boy - one of Freddie's best IMO, very catchy and an excellent guitar solo.

Fight From The Inside - just a really good rock song in my mind.

Need Your Loving Tonight - always has been one of my absolute favorite songs, love the guitar in the middle.

Tear It Up - no idea what people could have against this one. Queen hadn't rocked like this since Jazz!

I Can't Live With You - sick song by Brian. Another one of the times he brought hard rock into Queen's later albums and this is probably the best example of it, I like it even more than Hammer To Fall.

"So you think you can stone me and spit in my eye? So you think you can love me and leave me to die?"

-Bohemian Rhapsody
7 seas of Rhye user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1817 posts

Posted: 24 Aug 06, 13:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Body Language. I love it! I love the way Freddie says, "Give me your boda-a-a-a-a-ay!" It sounds so cool. My friends think it's perverted but I think it is awesome!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdoo21lvza8

^greatest video ever made

"If I get the answer wrong, you can kick me in the nuts" -Sean

I am the most obsessed Queen fan.
flash! 28068 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2995 posts

Posted: 24 Aug 06, 13:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

7 seas of Rhye wrote:

Body Language. I love it! I love the way Freddie says, "Give me your boda-a-a-a-a-ay!" It sounds so cool. My friends think it's perverted but I think it is awesome!

I listen to that rarely because Freddie sounds TOO HOT on it! My god, i fire up like crazy when i hear it... it's no good for my health!

"It’s not often we play in daylight, and I fucking well wish we did before, I can see you all now. And there are some beauties here tonight, I can tell you!" ;)
Good_Company50 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 176 posts

Posted: 24 Aug 06, 13:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Good Company is one of my faves--I relate SOOOO much to this song--I've lived it! Maybe people don't like the old-fashioned sound of it, but that's one of the things I like about it. And I like the sounds of the words Brian uses (but I love most of his lyrics anyways).

To 7 Seas of Rhye: are you the same as 7csofrhye from another Queen fan site?

We're only living in our dreams in Another World -- Brian May
Lymi user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 72 posts

Posted: 24 Aug 06, 13:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I love body language, one of my favorites

http://groups.msn.com/Freddiebirthday2005

"Freddie Is Hot Like The Sun, If You Touch Him You Could Burn"

Big hugs,

-Lymi
Freya is quietly judging you. user not visiting Queenzone.com
Meh.
Freya is quietly judging you.
Deity: 5913 posts

Posted: 24 Aug 06, 13:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

'She Makes Me'
So many people don't like it and find it boring but I really like it. It's one of my favourites off Sheer Heart attack.

Posted: 24 Aug 06, 14:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Good_Company50 wrote:

Good Company is one of my faves--I relate SOOOO much to this song--I've lived it! Maybe people don't like the old-fashioned sound of it, but that's one of the things I like about it. And I like the sounds of the words Brian uses (but I love most of his lyrics anyways).

yes.

Posted: 24 Aug 06, 14:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<font color=red>Flash! wrote:

7 seas of Rhye wrote:

I listen to that rarely because Freddie sounds TOO HOT on it! My god, i fire up like crazy when i hear it... it's no good for my health!

Oh I know exactly what you mean! I'm listening to it now! Freddie was just too sexy!

Joeker user not visiting Queenzone.com
Joeker
Bohemian: 753 posts

Posted: 24 Aug 06, 14:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Jesus, its seems like only 1 in 3 actually like this song, its a good song, if only I could think of a piece of a song that could replace the guitar solo, i could make a cool little mix...

Roger: Can I go To Lunch Now?

Brian: No, You Can't...

---------------------------------------

Freddie: Oh Shit, All this crap again?!

"If I had to do it all over again, yes why not? why not
Good_Company50 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 176 posts

Posted: 24 Aug 06, 15:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

7 seas of Rhye wrote:

Good_Company50 wrote:

yes.

Cool! It was nice over there (maybe too nice?), but there is much more interesting stuff going on over here. What do you think?

We're only living in our dreams in Another World -- Brian May
Poo, again user not visiting Queenzone.com
Poo, again
Deity: 4776 posts

Posted: 24 Aug 06, 15:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I LOVE Fun It! I just can't help but dance!

[QUOTE][QUOTENAME]Jake? wrote: I want him to shove it down my throat and shoot. Shoot! Shoot! C'mon! SHOOT! SHOOT!

[/QUOTENAME]

[/QUOTE]

Posted: 24 Aug 06, 15:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Good_Company50 wrote:

7 seas of Rhye wrote:

Good_Company50 wrote:

yes.

Cool! It was nice over there (maybe too nice?), but there is much more interesting stuff going on over here. What do you think?

Queen Fans doesn't have a lot of people so it's very cozy. Also everyone on there is friendly. Queenzone has a lot more people so it makes it a little more interesting. I like both sites.

Asterik user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 649 posts

Posted: 24 Aug 06, 16:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Well I love MTR&R- what a great surprise it would have been ha dthe yplayed it on the Magic tour- fast, furious punk-metal. I think Mustapha is under-rated too, I love those vocal harmonies and the heavy metal guitar breaks. A word also for The Invisible Man, a song that I think has aged very well with a rip-roaring solo and a catchy beat. Great Fred vocals too- fun but menacing.

hj
louvox user not visiting Queenzone.com
Make mine a double
louvox
Bohemian: 385 posts

Posted: 24 Aug 06, 17:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

“All dead, all dead” – I love the dream like quality
“Mustapha” – The most original album opener of all time, rocks too
“Coming soon” – I like the coolness and new wave feel, one of Roger’s best
“Party” – I bet this song would have been a blast live!

Louis

A soul for sale or rent

www.tightroperocks.com

beautifulsoup user not visiting Queenzone.com
beautifulsoup
Royalty: 1797 posts

Posted: 24 Aug 06, 17:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Good_Company50 wrote:

I **love** Good Company!!!

And I'm with Poppy on "She Makes Me." I have NO idea why I like that song, LOL.

Oh. And "Delilah." Heeeeeeeeeee!

"You are only young once, but you can stay immature indefinitely." - Ogden Nash
it was electric7 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 709 posts

Posted: 24 Aug 06, 18:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I love Body Language...but You and I is one of my favorite Queen songs, I don't understand why so many people don't like it ...

The prophet's song user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1044 posts

Posted: 25 Aug 06, 00:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'm gonna say Innuendo...

I don't know if ya saw it, but when they had Queen on American Idol, Paula Abdul and Simon Cowell said Innuendo was a bad song!!?? I couldn't BELEIVE it!! I actually threw something at the TV and shouted abuse at it, it's a brilliant song! They had no bloody idea what they were talking about.

"Either this kid has a lightbulb up his ass or his colon has a great idea"
Shane Jazz user not visiting Queenzone.com
Shane Jazz
Bohemian: 687 posts

Posted: 25 Aug 06, 01:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I have always loved much maligned Queen songs such as Body Language and especially Sweet Lady. SL has one of my all time favorite guitar riffs and I was so happy to see Brian playing a snippet of it on the new Classic Albums- ANATO dvd.
As for Delilah, I have often said that if it was a b-side, such as Lost Opportunity, it would have fared much better in our eyes. Instead, it was entrenched in one of Queen's best albums, and naturally sticks out as the weak point. Put it onto a b-side, however, and as a stand alone song, especially considering Freddie's situation, it would hold a great deal of charm.

Man Made Paradise
bas asselbergs user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 212 posts

Posted: 25 Aug 06, 05:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

i really do NOT like "coming soon" it is garbish really. As if they needed a quick fill-up to complete the album.... that song is really the only one i detest. Scratching? brrrrrr...

lifelong loyal and dedicated Queenfan.
The Fairy King user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Fairy King
Deity: 8686 posts

Posted: 25 Aug 06, 05:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

bas asselbergs wrote:

i really do NOT like "coming soon" it is garbish really. As if they needed a quick fill-up to complete the album.... that song is really the only one i detest. Scratching? brrrrrr...

Dedicated to Bas:

The same ol' babies with their same ol' toooooyz!!! The neighbours screaming when the nooise annooooyz!!! *O*

Killed by drones.