Forums > Queen - Serious Discussion > Queen Karaoke

forum rss feed
Author

carboengine user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1283 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 24 Aug 06, 16:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Is Queen Greatest Karaoke Flix an official release. If so, by whom?

Yes, it was a worthwhile experience.
Deacon Fan user not visiting Queenzone.com
on vacation
Deacon Fan
Royalty: 1757 posts

Posted: 24 Aug 06, 17:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yes, released officially by Queen's record company in Japan, Toshiba-EMI.

Here's the history:

Greatest Karaoke Flix, 2-laserdisc set released in 1996 (Toshiba-EMI TOLW-3249) (also VHS)

Greatest Karaoke Hits 2 CD set (soundtrack to the laserdisc), released 1998 (Toshiba-EMI TOCP-65061-62)

Greatest Karaoke Hits 2 CD set (remastered + 1 bonus track) released in 2004 (Toshiba-EMI TOCP-67422)

Greatest Karaoke Hits DVD (+4 bonus tracks) released in 2004 (Toshiba-EMI TOBW-3174)

There are a total of 35 karaoke mixes officially released (the DVD has them all)

There is also a digipack DVD/2 CD box set of the remastered 2004 stuff in a Korean version (Parlophone-EMI EKPDV-0014) which may or may not be truly official, but the contents still are ;)

its_a_hard_life 26994 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 11046 posts

Posted: 24 Aug 06, 22:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I have that. It's pretty good you know. Sing along to it with some friends maybe. Good for partys. Or maybe you need it as backing music.

carboengine user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1283 posts

Posted: 25 Aug 06, 15:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Mikahl wrote:

Yes, released officially by Queen's record company in Japan, Toshiba-EMI.

Here's the history:

Greatest Karaoke Flix, 2-laserdisc set released in 1996 (Toshiba-EMI TOLW-3249) (also VHS)

Greatest Karaoke Hits 2 CD set (soundtrack to the laserdisc), released 1998 (Toshiba-EMI TOCP-65061-62)

Greatest Karaoke Hits 2 CD set (remastered + 1 bonus track) released in 2004 (Toshiba-EMI TOCP-67422)

Greatest Karaoke Hits DVD (+4 bonus tracks) released in 2004 (Toshiba-EMI TOBW-3174)

There are a total of 35 karaoke mixes officially released (the DVD has them all)

There is also a digipack DVD/2 CD box set of the remastered 2004 stuff in a Korean version (Parlophone-EMI EKPDV-0014) which may or may not be truly official, but the contents still are ;)

Thanks for the great info. I am going to forward it to my local PBS tv station and suggest they use it for fund-raising/pledge drive and as a gift for membership.

Yes, it was a worthwhile experience.
queen mercury 33542 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 576 posts

Posted: 26 Aug 06, 00:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I have the Greatest karaoke hits on cd as well! I love that cd cause I can just sing along to the music! Smile.

NA
bobo the chimp user not visiting Queenzone.com
bobo the chimp
Deity: 12700 posts

Posted: 26 Aug 06, 02:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I can't get my head around them not including Innuendo on any Karaoke compilation. It can't be because the song is too hard to sing - they've included The Show Must Go On, I Want It All, things that are equally difficult to listen to at karaoke :P

"Your not funny, your not a good musician, theres a difference between being funny and being an idiot, you obviously being the latter" - Dave R Fuller