Forums > Sharing The Music - Request > EARL'S COURT 6.6.77 NTSC DVD ON TWO DISCS

forum rss feed
Author

tgunn2760 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 301 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 28 Aug 06, 14:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

This concert has probably been uploaded many, many times, and that's the reason for this post.

I will be making an NTSC DVD on two discs, with AC3 5.1 surround audio. The files have already been encoded with Canopus, and I have used some of the filter options which seem to have produced some results.

What I need to do now is create chapters, which will take a little time.

If there is enough interest I will seed both discs, in ISO formats, as soon as they are ready.

Indo77 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 155 posts

Posted: 29 Aug 06, 05:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hi thanks very much for this. What is the source from? Do you plan to upload it on rapidshare?

Roy ® user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 597 posts

Posted: 29 Aug 06, 06:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Which generation is it ???

TheGame user not visiting Queenzone.com
Yes dear, i DO want it all ;)
TheGame
Royalty: 1076 posts

Posted: 29 Aug 06, 09:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Just make sure you don`t make the dvd from vcd, then it`s useless. If from low gen tape, exciting!

ibanez122 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 302 posts

Posted: 30 Aug 06, 12:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

would be nice to know which source this person is going to use

Posted: 31 Aug 06, 23:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The source is a VCD by Heller, I believe.

I may re-encode it again, I am experimenting with a similar file, which is in PAL format. I am currently encoding it in a high bit rate, as high as Canopus will allow me, in PAL, and am using filters to clean it up. I will then re-encode it and convert it to NTSC, in as high a bitrate as Canopus will allow, and use filters again. I think the results will be satisfactory.

The resulting ISO files, two of them, will be between 5 and 7 GBs, so I will NOT upload them to Rapidshare.

I think I have seen a DVD of this concert either on this site or some other one, I just wasn't sure if it was in NTSC format.

If there is no interest, that is fine, I will make the DVDs for my own personal use anyway.

TheGame user not visiting Queenzone.com
Yes dear, i DO want it all ;)
TheGame
Royalty: 1076 posts

Posted: 01 Sep 06, 02:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

If this is from vcd, don`t even bother to make an dvd. This is just the same crap as people converting mp3 --> wav
VCD is a lossy video format, and encoding it to a highbitrate dvd just wont make it better!!!

ibanez122 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 302 posts

Posted: 01 Sep 06, 15:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

TheGame wrote:

If this is from vcd, don`t even bother to make an dvd. This is just the same crap as people converting mp3 --> wav
VCD is a lossy video format, and encoding it to a highbitrate dvd just wont make it better!!!

Was going to write something to the same effect. VCD sourced...lossy the works. dont bother with it

Posted: 02 Sep 06, 01:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Just finished one, and it looks just fine to me.Sounds even better, with AC3 5.1 surround.

Crezchi user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 664 posts

Posted: 02 Sep 06, 05:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

tgunn2760 wrote:

Just finished one, and it looks just fine to me.Sounds even better, with AC3 5.1 surround.

Honestly, how do you 'think' you have created a 5.1 surround mix without a soundboard 'Multi-tracked' version of the audio? I don't mean to sound like an ass, but without multi-track audio, 5.1 is impossible.

Hello you rock and rollers!

Posted: 02 Sep 06, 21:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I put this on 2 DVD-RW disc today. It was the miracle express version. I would say the quality is good but is plagued by grain. The source appears to be from an ageing PAL VHS from the 80s. Anyone any ideas how you would clean up the grain?

YourValentine user not visiting Queenzone.com
registered July 27th 2001
YourValentine
Deity: 7611 posts

Posted: 03 Sep 06, 05:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

You need to apply some filters to the video like smoothers. I do not know how you can work on VOB files, maybe you can re-convert them to avi and then run some filters with VirtualDub Mod. There are loads of free filters for VDM. You must try out how you get the best results. There are many websites where you find help and links to free software.

I do not want any google ads here.

Posted: 04 Sep 06, 06:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Honestly, how do you 'think' you have created a 5.1 surround mix without a soundboard 'Multi-tracked' version of the audio? I don't mean to sound like an ass, but without multi-track audio, 5.1 is impossible.

With this:

http://www.sonymediasoftware.com/products/showproduct.asp?pid=965

Crezchi user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 664 posts

Posted: 04 Sep 06, 09:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

tgunn2760 wrote:

With this:

http://www.sonymediasoftware.com/products/showproduct.asp?pid=965

Ok, but you have to have the multitrack audio to mix in 5.1! Once a recording is recorded into 1 track (like a retail cd) there is NO way of separating the tracks again. You can double layer the tracks on different feeds, or add to the tracks, but you can not create a true 5.1 mix without the multi-tracked audio.

Hello you rock and rollers!

Posted: 04 Sep 06, 12:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Whatever it may be, it sounds much better than PCM audio and 2 channel AC3.

diegomercury666 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 129 posts

Posted: 04 Sep 06, 22:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

maybe it can be a great work if you do the DVD whit this quality of video http://www.webalice.it/pikkololuca/latojavaearls06.htm
or some other do that
cause many people have the VCD version
it´s my opinion

hello

Posted: 05 Sep 06, 01:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

maybe it can be a great work if you do the DVD whit this quality of video http://www.webalice.it/pikkololuca/latojavaearls06.htm
or some other do that
cause many people have the VCD version
it´s my opinion

If those stills are DVD captures, then it must be professionally done, the quality looks like that of a retail DVD one would buy today. I can't possibly match that quality, and from what I have seen, pros cannot either, if the source file is crummy. I have the Flix 1 and 2 DVD and the videos from older concerts just does not look as sharp as videos of later concerts, or the images on this person's site.

But, what if those stills have been Photoshopped?That might explain the clarity.

Posted: 05 Sep 06, 18:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

If I believe correctly that version is sourced from the Miracle Express VHS which many people own. I don't know but I am slightly disappointed with that version. Some parts appear better than others however the fact that the source VHS has been put through the mill with playback does not help the quality of copies. The best version of Earl's Court is this one.

http://queenbootlegdvds.tripod.com/id11.html

Posted: 06 Sep 06, 10:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

"If I believe correctly that version is sourced from the Miracle Express VHS which many people own. I don't know but I am slightly disappointed with that version. Some parts appear better than others however the fact that the source VHS has been put through the mill with playback does not help the quality of copies. The best version of Earl's Court is this one.

http://queenbootlegdvds.tripod.com/id11.html "

That does look very good. The source is Proshot, any idea where one can get that?

Posted: 06 Sep 06, 14:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Harry bootlegs owns it and a few other collectors. I honestly have no idea how to obtain it. I tried someone from Poland but they were unwilling to follow through. There is however an NTSC DVD that pops up on ebay every once and a while. It has screenshots. To me the quality looked something like this.

http://www.magicqueen.pl/vcd/earlscourtdvd2.html

I will certainly bid on it if it comes up again.