Forums > Queen - General Discussion > QUEEN AND INXS

forum rss feed
Author

matias2 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 32 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 29 Aug 06, 17:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

They prove that the bands who lost their lead singer could work with other people.
What do you think?

Micrówave user not visiting Queenzone.com
Delilah, on Medium Power
Micrówave
Deity: 7037 posts

Posted: 29 Aug 06, 17:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

You are implying that INXS didn't suck previously?

Gone. user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 7178 posts

Posted: 29 Aug 06, 17:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Mircrowave! wrote:

You are implying that INXS didn't suck previously?

xD

Rogers Eye Bags user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 78 posts

Posted: 29 Aug 06, 17:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

matias2 wrote:

They prove that the bands who lost their lead singer could work with other people.
What do you think?

No offense to either band, but both bands just went out and played their back catalogues with a new singer basically. I know I will get alot of crap for this view, but I am entitled to my view. I do, however, like the combo of Paul Rodgers and Queen rather than INXS and J.D. Fortune...what a laugh!!!!!!!!!!!!

eenaweena. user not visiting Queenzone.com
eenaweena.
Deity: 2355 posts

Posted: 30 Aug 06, 00:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

oh come on... jd isn't that bad... not good for inxs,but he isn't that bad of a singer. :)

RETROLOVE user not visiting Queenzone.com
RETROLOVE
Deity: 2522 posts

Posted: 30 Aug 06, 00:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

If Queen ever did a reality show like INXS or TLC did that would truly make me sick to my stomach, cause they seem to have more class than that!!

I know they did American Idol, but I hope they never get stuck in that reality show crap!!

Loving the pass, cherishing the present, and looking forward to the future

kenny8 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 150 posts

Posted: 30 Aug 06, 02:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

No. AC/DC would be one of the very few acts that have pulled it off with credibility. INXS are a joke.

I can handle ROTC, but news that a new "Queen" album is in the works with anybody but Fred on vocals makes me mad as hell. Even "Queen+ Paul Rodgers" suggests Fred's involvement. If Fred especially has no involvement it ain't Queen, nor does it sound like Queen, despite what Brian May would have you believe.

eenaweena.

Posted: 30 Aug 06, 05:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

yeah. i agree. AC/DC did pull it off well. :)

thomasquinn 32989 user not visiting Queenzone.com
thomasquinn 32989
Deity: 6257 posts

Posted: 30 Aug 06, 09:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<font color="indigo"><b>friedchicken \m/ wrote:

oh come on... jd isn't that bad... not good for inxs,but he isn't that bad of a singer. :)

Which is precisely why isn't fit for INXS. He *could* be decent. They *could* not.

Not Plutus but Apollo rules Parnassus

eenaweena.

Posted: 30 Aug 06, 09:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<b><font color = "crimson"> ThomasQuinn wrote:

<font color="indigo"><b>friedchicken \m/ wrote:

Which is precisely why isn't fit for INXS. He *could* be decent. They *could* not.

true, true. inxs isn't that bad either. but i only like a few of their songs. probably... around 4.

Posted: 30 Aug 06, 10:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<font color=Blue>Retro<font color=1>Love wrote:

If Queen ever did a reality show like INXS or TLC did that would truly make me sick to my stomach, cause they seem to have more class than that!!

I know they did American Idol, but I hope they never get stuck in that reality show crap!!

I cannot believe that they did AI - I never thought I would see a band of Queen's caliber on that show. They have turned down countless offers from the Mark Burnett camp to do the RockStar series, but they appear on AI - I know they did it for publicity, but still....

Phill the Thrill user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 228 posts

Posted: 30 Aug 06, 10:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

news flash

the new INXS have an entirely new album, of new songs, with the new singer...

so no its not just the back cataloge

Queen+PR Vancouver 13/04/06 anyone? Please FIND and SHARE it!

Posted: 30 Aug 06, 10:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Phill the Thrill wrote:

news flash

Let's be real, ok? No one is going to these "new" INXS concerts to hear the new crap (which is precisely what it is), they are going to hear the back catalogue. Aside from "Pretty Vegas", has anyone else even heard another new INXS song on the radio?????

james gaden 2072 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 58 posts

Posted: 30 Aug 06, 11:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Iron Maiden pulled off the new singer as well as AC/DC, as Paul DiAnno was their original voice, not Bruce Dickinson. Deep Purpler did likewise, replacing orignal singer Rod Evans with Ian Gillan, and spawning the classic line up. They even did well after Gillan with David Coverdale and Glenn Hughes joining.

Journey and Foreigner struggled when they brought in Steve Augeri and Johnny Edwards respectively, but both now have new leases of life with Kelly Hansen and Jeff Scott Soto.

Why have these bands, and Queen, done better than INXS in the new singer stakes? Because they all auditioned pro singers, picked the guy who fitted the best, and went out on tour. They did not take a stadium acts name, and use it to push yet another reality TV show onto our screens. Credibility is a big factor - Queen kept it by bringing in a legend. Journey regained their loss with a dynamite live singer in the form of Jeff.

INXS auditioned a bunch of nobodies for the sake of a TV programme. Spot the difference.

JG

Posted: 30 Aug 06, 11:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Rogers Eye Bags wrote:

Phill the Thrill wrote:

news flash

Let's be real, ok? No one is going to these "new" INXS concerts to hear the new crap (which is precisely what it is), they are going to hear the back catalogue. Aside from "Pretty Vegas", has anyone else even heard another new INXS song on the radio?????

yes acctually, i have heard another track on the radio, and the rest of the album isnt that bad acctually. i got it for free, but i likley would have bought it

s.m. user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 291 posts

Posted: 30 Aug 06, 12:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

matias2 wrote:

What do you think?

queen didn´t lose the lead singer
queen lost its soul and essence

She was my lover

It was a shame that she died

But the constitution´s right on my side

Cos I cought my lover in my neighbours bed

I got retribution, filled´em full of lead
Micrówave user not visiting Queenzone.com
Delilah, on Medium Power
Micrówave
Deity: 7037 posts

Posted: 30 Aug 06, 12:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

James Gaden wrote:

Journey and Foreigner struggled when they brought in Steve Augeri and Johnny Edwards respectively, but both now have new leases of life with Kelly Hansen and Jeff Scott Soto.

Journey regained their loss with a dynamite live singer in the form of Jeff.
JG

Uh, tap the breaks. Soto can't hit the high notes, so the drummer does. How does that give Journey a dynamite live singer.

Jeff Soto Scotto just plain sucks. What a disappointing show they put on in Dallas. It defeated EVERYBODY. I'm sure Neal & Jonathan had a good night, but you'd never know.

Here's how Don't Stop Believin' went:

SOTO: Born and raised in
CASTRNOVA: South Detroit
SOTO: He took the midnight train goin'
SOTO & CAST: Anywhere

or the chorus:

SOTO & BAND: Don't Stop Believin'
CASTRNOVA: Hold on to that feelin'

Augeri is much better at the job. Thankfully, Journey only employed Soto to finish the tour.

Posted: 30 Aug 06, 13:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Phill the Thrill wrote:

Rogers Eye Bags wrote:

Phill the Thrill wrote:

news flash

yes acctually, i have heard another track on the radio, and the rest of the album isnt that bad acctually. i got it for free, but i likley would have bought it

Ladies and Gentlemen, I do believe that we do have a real live J.D. Fortune fan in the house! :-)

Posted: 30 Aug 06, 14:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

i'm not a huge die hard fan or anything, but i think that he does do a good job and deserves a little more respect than he is given...yeah there are the arguments for and against replacing singers

oobviously freddie can not be replaced, but look at ACDC. that worked out pretty damn well for them

the fact of the matter is members of bands like inxs and even queen, would not get very much attention if they were to start new bands or even go solo....its true,, most people in north america didnt even know roger taylor or brian may HAD solo careers.

if the inxs guys were to just try and starta new band now no one would notice, and the same prettyt much holds true for brian and roger. to they use a name that everyone knows so they can get the music to the fans, and possibly....AS THEY HAVE DONE..go on decent sized tours in decent sized buildings, instead of going unnoticed playing at small venues

Posted: 30 Aug 06, 14:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Phill the Thrill wrote:

i'm not a huge die hard fan or anything, but i think that he does do a good job and deserves a little more respect than he is given...yeah there are the arguments for and against replacing singers

oobviously freddie can not be replaced, but look at ACDC. that worked out pretty damn well for them

the fact of the matter is members of bands like inxs and even queen, would not get very much attention if they were to start new bands or even go solo....its true,, most people in north america didnt even know roger taylor or brian may HAD solo careers.

if the inxs guys were to just try and starta new band now no one would notice, and the same prettyt much holds true for brian and roger. to they use a name that everyone knows so they can get the music to the fans, and possibly....AS THEY HAVE DONE..go on decent sized tours in decent sized buildings, instead of going unnoticed playing at small venues

True, true! :-) I must admit, I didn't like J.D. at all at first, but then he grew on me. He has done pretty well with the new INXS....I just cannot call them INXS like I used to...I loved Michael Hutchence too much - I know J.D. is not trying to fill his shoes, but he is doing a pretty good job at touring with INXS.