add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 30 Aug 06, 18:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Do you think is the best Queen song??
I DO....

its_a_hard_life 26994 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 11046 posts

Posted: 30 Aug 06, 18:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It's my favourite Queen song. Strangely enough, I never get bored of this song. I've over played it litrally to nearly 100 times on repeat. No one knows the story behide the lyrics and it's funny when you get some people claiming they know it all. It's a masterpiece. It's survived 30 years now, and people still love it. Gos to show what a genius Freddie Mercury is.

sara310 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 79 posts

Posted: 30 Aug 06, 21:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yes...Wow, I remember when I was obsessed with it...I would watch the video about 17 times a day and I even recorded it on my video camera...I rarely listen to it now...

:)
Gone. user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 7178 posts

Posted: 30 Aug 06, 21:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yes, truly magnificent. But, no offense to anyone, (Jessie (its_a_hard_life)...please don't kill me...lol) but I wouldn't say, in my opinion, that it is their BEST song. Don't slate me, please. :P...*hides in fear*

Posted: 30 Aug 06, 22:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<font color="FF0099">MoreOfThatJazz;) wrote:

Yes, truly magnificent. But, no offense to anyone, (Jessie (its_a_hard_life)...please don't kill me...lol) but I wouldn't say, in my opinion, that it is their BEST song. Don't slate me, please. :P...*hides in fear*

*hugs*

It's okay. No need to be scared! We all love Bohemian Rhapsody but some love it more than others. Which is understandable. =)

Localboy80 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 268 posts

Posted: 31 Aug 06, 13:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Let us be honest here, how can you not love 'Bohemian Rhapsody'? It is pure genius!

I personally do not think it is their best song BUT... it is most certainly in my top 2, 3, 4 or 5.

The reason being and I know this is the most common reason, is because I have heard it a zazillion times.

Don't get me wrong, I am not sick of it, the song is timeless but I believe for it to be their best song, it has to mean something personally. 'Bo Rap' is faultless and pure magic. Just like many Queen songs, it is a work of art and I would not argue with anyone who said it is their best song.

For me, the best song that Queen ever did and the best song of all time for that matter, is 'The Show Must Go On'!

The vocals are amazing, the music is excellent and the song means so much to me. It pumps me up, get's me going, makes me emotional and makes me happy! To think of how ill Freddie was and the way he sang it, was breathless!

For more information on my favourite song of all time, please click on the following link :-

http://www.queenzone.com/queenzone/forumnew/forum_topic_view.aspx?Q=598724

WHAT A SONG!!!

"I'll Face It With A Grin, I'm Never Giving In. On With The Show... The Show Must Go On!!!"
Gone. user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 7178 posts

Posted: 31 Aug 06, 15:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<font color="#FF00FF">its_a_hard_life wrote:

<font color="FF0099">MoreOfThatJazz;) wrote:

*hugs*

It's okay. No need to be scared! We all love Bohemian Rhapsody but some love it more than others. Which is understandable. =)

YAY! Peace to all! lol. I mean, I do LOVE the song to death, but I don't obsess over it or anything :P

Posted: 31 Aug 06, 17:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

the GIRLZ are back in town wrote:

I apologise for the novel I just posted. I can't contain myself. I'm so sorry.

LMAO!!!!!!!! You're awesome! :D

rocks. user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1808 posts

Posted: 01 Sep 06, 00:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<font color="red">The Audacity of Kelley wrote:

Hm... Personally, I think "The Millionaire Waltz" is great, and in the same vein as "Bohemian Rhapsody". Also, "Somebody to Love". I don't know who wrote them, but I LOVE "Was it All Worth it ?" which I believe is an absolute confection. And, from the same album, "Chinese Torture" is probably one of the only instrumentals I've ever really liked. Also, "Bijou" is wonderful. "I'm Going Slightly Mad" is one of my all-time favourites... Will I stop, yes - yes I will.

Freddie wrote was it all worth it, and Chinese Torture was intended to be a brian solo track so it's his song, Bijou was mainly freddie, but brian helped him tweak some stuff (I believe) and Im Going Slightly Mad is obviously Freddie. :D

7 seas of Rhye user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1817 posts

Posted: 01 Sep 06, 12:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I love Bohemian Rhapsody! It's famous for the opera part but I think the "Mama ooooh" part is incredible! It's just a great song. It's timeless. It was amazing then and it's amazing now. Queen really took a risk combining rock and opera but they did a fantasitc job and no one will ever make another song like it.

It's not my favorite song though but it is a masterpiece.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdoo21lvza8

^greatest video ever made

"If I get the answer wrong, you can kick me in the nuts" -Sean

I am the most obsessed Queen fan.