Forums > Queen - Serious Discussion > What happened with Queen in Sunbury 1974???

forum rss feed
Author

Queen Archivist user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 850 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 30 Aug 06, 22:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Can anyone please tell me if the Sunbury concert has actually emerged, since that 'person' swore blind he had it, and promised to offer proof, but was very frantically wriggling and squirming out of it, last time i was on this site???

I asked him to put up or shut up. Am I right in assuming it was just hot air?????

Tell me... what do you guys and gals make of such people who waste your time with these silly bogus claims? What is the point of people like that actually existing, I wonder!

GB

GB
L-R-TIGER1994 user not visiting Queenzone.com
member of the Royal Family
L-R-TIGER1994
Deity: 3652 posts

Posted: 30 Aug 06, 22:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Oh no,all this crap again?.

Heap big woman you made an asshole outta me....gimme your bums and ride!!!!!!

Posted: 30 Aug 06, 22:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I just remembered... it was YoungStratMan who said he has the footage.

WHERE IS IT YoungStratMan????????????????????

Come on. No more bullshit. You hand over a copy of what you think you have and I'll make sure it gets seriously looked at.

I still say you don't have it, and you never did. Prove me wrong. I'll be glad to be wrong on this.

GB

GB
Smitty user not visiting Queenzone.com
Cool, we have display messages
Smitty
Deity: 6196 posts

Posted: 30 Aug 06, 23:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

He was so totally bullshitting! He tried to cover up by pretending to be you. Now he's gone.

Deacon Fan user not visiting Queenzone.com
on vacation
Deacon Fan
Royalty: 1757 posts

Posted: 30 Aug 06, 23:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yes, he left in shame when it became even more obvious that he was lying about it. His 'screen cap' was just a still picture.

Some jackasses will go to great lengths for their pranks/amusement/insanity.

inu-liger user not visiting Queenzone.com
inu-liger
Deity: 13057 posts

Posted: 30 Aug 06, 23:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Mikahl wrote:

Yes, he left in shame when it became even more obvious that he was lying about it. His 'screen cap' was just a still picture.

Some jackasses will go to great lengths for their pranks/amusement/insanity.

He is right, Greg.

What was purported to be a "screen cap" that he wouldn't even share with us here, was really a picture scan given to him by someone else...and that someone had his friend upload it for him, and it was too obvious that it was NOT a screen cap. I mean, what kind of screen "caps" have sellotape marks?!

But all in all, he was exposed for the fraud and liar he is/was.

So unfortunately there is no Sunbury footage among us :(

That guy who digs energy domes user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5020 posts

Posted: 31 Aug 06, 00:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I get along okay with Matt I could TRY to see if he is looking for any other bootlegs

I cant promise anything but I can try

Freedom of choice is what you've got

Freedom from choice is what you want

http://queen4ever.19.forumer.com/index.php
bobo the chimp user not visiting Queenzone.com
bobo the chimp
Deity: 12700 posts

Posted: 31 Aug 06, 02:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

What happened?

He had a big old cry when nobody believed him and he left (not before pretending to be you, Mr. Brooks).

"Your not funny, your not a good musician, theres a difference between being funny and being an idiot, you obviously being the latter" - Dave R Fuller
mircal user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 555 posts

Posted: 31 Aug 06, 02:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Anyway on with the answer to the question coz everyone keeps on bitching about nothing.

It was in the early early days of Queen obviously, they were on stage and did a good job, they played there songs from there first 2 albums, well, i cant say first 2 but i know it wasnt at sheer heart attack times. Later on, it started ot rain and the crowed became nasty. There were a few act who were yet to come back on stage,,, options were these bogon rock aussie bands, then the flamboyant queen group. Well, as it went, queen got boo'd of, were called poofters and had a real shit time... Thats basicly a n utshell verison of what happened,,,l how ever,, this is something to be hurd,, freddie actually said, we will be back and we will be the biggest band in the world,,, come 10 years later,,, he kept his word.

willem-jan 8923 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 818 posts

Posted: 31 Aug 06, 03:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Of course the guy was full of bullshit.

But Greg, if you're reading this. Could you maybe try to get some more info on the WDR 1974 stuff?
WDR should at least reply to you, being a bit higher in the Queen ranking than us, regular fans.
There's a topic explaining why this may be interesting: http://queenzone.com/queenzone/forumnew/forum_topic_view.aspx?Q=853356

Please give it a look, it would be nice if this show would be available somewhere.

Jjeroen user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4781 posts

Posted: 31 Aug 06, 03:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Indeed, rest assured Greg (well... or not ofcourse ;-)

No Queen @ Sunbury material.

Btw StratMan is still here I believe, but he posts mainly with another name...

Togg user not visiting Queenzone.com
Togg
Deity: 2390 posts

Posted: 31 Aug 06, 03:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Well I for one am very confused about the whole thing, he seemed to manage to get himself in such a mess and didn't have the smarts to get out of it. I genuinly believed it was you Greg for a while, however, I don't see what the point was at all, apart from a little attention seeking.

At the end of the day he was just another net numpty with too much time on his hands.

"It is better to sit in silence and have people think you're a fool, then to open your mouth and remove all doubt"
DeeEmm user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 166 posts

Posted: 31 Aug 06, 04:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Queen Archivist wrote:

WHERE IS IT YoungStratMan????????????????????

THAT many question marks is beyond ridiculous.

Queen rocks!

Posted: 31 Aug 06, 07:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thank you for the good and informative replies.

I bet YoungTwatMan has come back to this site under another name. I cannot believe he disappeared in shame forever.

What do you think??? Did any new members emerge a week or two after TwatMan left, who write in a similar way?

He's still here somewhere, I'd bet. But thanks for the info.

What's this about him pretending to be me??? I thought it was impossible for more than one QZ-er to have the same ID? How could that happen and what did he say (as me)???

GB
YourValentine user not visiting Queenzone.com
registered July 27th 2001
YourValentine
Deity: 7611 posts

Posted: 31 Aug 06, 07:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

He called himself Moanzoner in reference to a thread by you about "Moanzone". That is not really pretending to be GB. If he decided to stop posting, we can live with that - he was just a show off.

I do not want any google ads here.

Freya is quietly judging you. user not visiting Queenzone.com
Meh.
Freya is quietly judging you.
Deity: 5913 posts

Posted: 31 Aug 06, 08:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

YourValentine wrote:

He called himself Moanzoner in reference to a thread by you about "Moanzone". That is not really pretending to be GB. If he decided to stop posting, we can live with that - he was just a show off.

Wasn't it 'MOANZONE TWAT' ?

radio_what's_new user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 542 posts

Posted: 31 Aug 06, 08:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Greg,

Thanks for the nice way of communicating. I appreciate it very much.

regards

rocks. user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1808 posts

Posted: 31 Aug 06, 08:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Queen Archivist wrote:

Thank you for the good and informative replies.

I bet YoungTwatMan has come back to this site under another name. I cannot believe he disappeared in shame forever.

roflmao, I like that.

He really was an incredible twat, he started a whole thread about how he was leaving and claiming one last time that he did indead have sunburry, and it was our loss...yah right. and then he took ages to leave, he kept responding to nasty posts left by poeple! :P

Josh Henson user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 693 posts

Posted: 31 Aug 06, 10:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Greg, any chance that 70's Queen concerts are going to finally see the light of day, like Hammersmith 75 & 79 and Houston 77? God knows there are enough bootlegs out there, but a nice proper release would be great.

I'm just getting used to my new exposure

Come into my enclosure

And meet my melancholy blues

Posted: 31 Aug 06, 11:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

To Willen-jan, who wrote...

Greg, if you're reading this. Could you maybe try to get some more info on the WDR 1974 stuff?
WDR should at least reply to you, being a bit higher in the Queen ranking than us, regular fans.
There's a topic explaining why this may be interesting: http://queenzone.com/queenzone/forumnew/forum_topic_view.aspx?Q=853356

Please give it a look, it would be nice if this show would be available somewhere.

I HAVE HAD A LOOK AT THIS. VERY INTERESTING.....

THIS IS WHAT KEITH WROTE...

As a big Lynyrd Skynyrd fan (and of course the mighty QUEEN), I just downloaded some excellent Skynyrd Hamburg footage that was broadcast on WDR. I thought I had all the available Skynyrd footage so the quality of this stuff really surprised me.
What surprised me even more was the headline acts equipment, in place behind support band Skynyrd. I thought, "I recognise those drums" and sure enough, the bass drum skin (and vocal monitor) was adorned with the classic QUEEN crest. Most people will know that Skynyrd supported QUEEN in 74.
This begs the question, was the QUEEN set filmed too?
Apologies if I'm behind on this one but I'd be interested to hear if anyone else on the forum has seen this.
Best Wishes,
Keith.

THIS IS A VERY GOOD POINT. I HAVE NO IDEA IF ANY OF THE QUEEN STUFF WAS FILMED.

DOES ANYONE KNOW THE DATE OF THIS SKYNYRD SHOW??? THEN WE CAN LOOK MORE CLOSELY.

IT'S HARD TO THINK THAT CAMERAS SET UP TO FILM THIS GIG WOULD NOT ALSO HAVE FILMED SOME (OR ALL) OF QUEEN TOO!! I GUESS IT WOULD HAVE BEEN A QUESTION OF COST AT THE TIME.

A GOOD POINT THOUGH...

GB