Forums > Queen - General Discussion > this needs to be said (longwinded maybe, but true none-the-less)

forum rss feed
Author

Phill the Thrill user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 228 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 31 Aug 06, 18:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Okay, there is somthing I have been wondering about and it really bugs me.,
why are so many people on this site so rude?

this place is supposed to be for people who have a love a queen and want to ask questions and share thier thoughts, and for many people its a source of information that they cant get elsewhere.

why is it that from what i have seen this is one of the rudest, meanest, bitchiest, whineyest and unfriendly places on the internet?

the number of insults, personal battles and cheap shots that occur on this board are phenomanal.

*keep in mind I am not one of the people in any of these battles, and have only had a hurtfull remark aimed at me once, so i am not doing this because i was insulted or offended personally*

so what, somebody asked a stupid question, or one that has been asked a million times. is there really any need or reason to insult, yell at and condem them?

not everyone has been on this site for a LONG time, not everyone is as big a queen fan as the next, not everyone keeps tabs on all of whats going on....

so when someone asks "where is john deacon" or "was freddie gay" just answer them or (when it gets fixed) direct them to the search option and tell them to look for it.

this happsn to much, and people notice...a recent post of as off the wall question was ended with " i'll put this up for flaming now"

because he knew that it would attract the eyre of the elitest groups on here

there is no reason to be so mean to them, and there is especially no reason to insult them and condem them basd soley on thier spelling or grammer or whatever. many people on here are not english so when they ask a question, (over asked as it may be) and they have terrible spelling why rag on them? just ignore it. there is just no point.

i just cant get over how mean and rude so many people on this site are. and there is no reason for it. so you know more about queen then another, maybe you have also been into them for longer. that doesnt make you or anyone else beter than another person.

i know if i were a teenager and was just getting into queen and this was one of the first sources i found, i may very well have been turned off of queen, cause i would have felt that all thier fans are whining, bitchy elitest prats

its this over the top sense of superiority that other groups of people use as reasoning behind thier actions..there are many groups like it, the ones that spring immedietly to mind are of course nazi's

I just dont know what it is about this place, but i find my self constanly and more and more often, sadned by the attitudesof people on here, and have been tempted to stop returning, but of course i wont do that.

anyway, thats my 2 bits, comment or not, i dont care. but many of you on here and you know who you are, simply use the anomity of the interest to justify your poor actions towards others.

all that i have left to say is your actions annonymous or not define who you are as a human being, and I am sorry to say many of you on here have earned my pitty for your actions because you truely are poor excuses for human beings.

Queen+PR Vancouver 13/04/06 anyone? Please FIND and SHARE it!
John S Stuart user not visiting Queenzone.com
John S Stuart
Deity: 4178 posts

Posted: 31 Aug 06, 18:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Phill the Thrill wrote:

...all that i have left to say is your actions annonymous or not define who you are as a human being, and I am sorry to say many of you on here have earned my pitty for your actions because you truely are poor excuses for human beings.

Those who suffered at the hands of the 9/11 bombers or any other terrorist atrocities, may just disagree with you.

I also strongly disagree with the view that Queenzone needs another self-appointed sanctimonious conscience. This is an internet forum (with the RIGHT to respect both freedom of speech & disagree with others - its called democracy) so get over it.

BTW:
Forum = discussion/meeting place.

A-n-o-n-y-m-o-u-s is spelled with two 'n's - not three, P-i-t-y is spelled with only one 't', and T-r-u-l-y has no 'e' in it whatsoever.
Furthermore, it is 'in here' not 'on here'.

Although "I am sorry to say... YOU... have earned MY pitty for YOUR..." poor writing skills, this does not make ANYONE a "poor excuses for (a) human being..." whatever their own personable foibles may be.

"Listen to them. Children of the night. What music they make."
magicalfreddiemercury user not visiting Queenzone.com
magicalfreddiemercury
Deity: 2693 posts

Posted: 31 Aug 06, 19:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Standing ovation for you, Phill the Thrill. Despite the fact that I am one who 'suffered at the hands of the 9/11 bombers', I agreed with everything in your post.

The attitudes here are disgusting and many have said they usually don't post because of those attitudes. If there is any wonder why the boards have been taken over by spam-type threads, I'd say it's because of the insults sprinkled throughout the legitimate ones.

I'm happy you started this thread, though I fear it'll be just one more place for the flaming you mentioned. The post by Mr. Stuart, sadly, is proof of that.

"The others don't like my interviews. And frankly, I don't care much for theirs." ~ Freddie Mercury

Smitty user not visiting Queenzone.com
Cool, we have display messages
Smitty
Deity: 6196 posts

Posted: 31 Aug 06, 20:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Do you know what the most annoying thing is!?

People posting topics in the wrong forum!!

It's madness!!!

BTW, I'm just kidding Phill The Thrill...

;-)

Carol! the Musical user not visiting Queenzone.com
Carol! the Musical
Deity: 5934 posts

Posted: 31 Aug 06, 21:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I agree with most of what you said, and I'm glad someone finally made a thread about this. There's a difference between sarcasm and just being plain rude. But like Kelley said, I don't quite agree with the grammar part. If someone actually can't spell but you can see they're are actually putting effort into it, I respect that. But if it's something like, "OMFG, lyk tht iz so kewwwll!!11!", I won't want toput up with it.

-Things Have Changed For Me-
Gone. user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 7178 posts

Posted: 31 Aug 06, 21:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<font color=336600>ChinesedogTorture wrote:

I agree with most of what you said, and I'm glad someone finally made a thread about this. There's a difference between sarcasm and just being plain rude. But like Kelley said, I don't quite agree with the grammar part. If someone actually can't spell but you can see they're are actually putting effort into it, I respect that. But if it's something like, "OMFG, lyk tht iz so kewwwll!!11!", I won't want toput up with it.

I LOVE YOU! I agree with EVERYTHING that you said Phill The Thrill. Thank you.

magicalfreddiemercury wrote:

The attitudes here are disgusting and many have said they usually don't post because of those attitudes. If there is any wonder why the boards have been taken over by spam-type threads, I'd say it's because of the insults sprinkled throughout the legitimate ones.

Absolutely Agreed.

rocks. user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1808 posts

Posted: 31 Aug 06, 22:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Mm, well, I've been to 4 forums in my lifetime, all 4 with differant topics, for example, this one is queen, all the others were different. and this is deffinitly the most rude/inconsiderate.

The first one I went to wasnt moderated at all, and people generally were nice and considerate, but that was a major part of what the forum was FOR so it was ok. but there were some major bitch fights. I dont post there or visit.

The second was a forum about harry potter (i know, Im a nerd, haha) and I genrally had a lot of fun there but all the mods were like evil dictators that HAD to get there power across, so me and about 10 others left and now we have our own private forum and we are ALL very very very very very nice and considerate and a generally very caring group, and thats the third. I dont post at the second or visit, and the third, Im there every day.

The fourth is this and...well, let me just say that it is it's own forum.

sara310 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 79 posts

Posted: 31 Aug 06, 22:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yeah, I always notice little rude remarks that are unnesisarry.

:)
popy user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 450 posts

Posted: 31 Aug 06, 23:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

well why bother writing this topic?

they will not stop...it's not the first time this is talked here

it's good to have this discution sometimes to remind some people how rude they are

DreaminQueen user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1382 posts

Posted: 01 Sep 06, 00:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I agree that some of the rude comments on this site are rather caustic and unnecessary quite often.
Sometimes however, its merely someones sense of humor, which unintentionally offends others.
And sometimes certain topics need that type of spice, its called satire.

Over all though, sometimes its down right hurtful. But sometimes you have to just look at the poster leaving it, and realize thats all they do, they're the mixers here to cause trouble and controversy.

I'm gald this board is the way it is, it allows for great discussion et al. However, some things could be done without. But only people themselves can change that.

As for bad grammar, if you know how to spell it or how to punctuate it, please do it!!! Even if its a valid point, i wont bother reading it because it grows frustrating to read.
Typo's and simple human error dont fall into that catergory, as no ones perfect...

Joeker user not visiting Queenzone.com
Joeker
Bohemian: 753 posts

Posted: 01 Sep 06, 00:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

whatever internet friends will be internet friends!

Roger: Can I go To Lunch Now?

Brian: No, You Can't...

---------------------------------------

Freddie: Oh Shit, All this crap again?!

"If I had to do it all over again, yes why not? why not
Joeker user not visiting Queenzone.com
Joeker
Bohemian: 753 posts

Posted: 01 Sep 06, 00:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

whatever internet friends will be internet friends!

Roger: Can I go To Lunch Now?

Brian: No, You Can't...

---------------------------------------

Freddie: Oh Shit, All this crap again?!

"If I had to do it all over again, yes why not? why not
Bohemian MAY-niac/Deaconite user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 327 posts

Posted: 01 Sep 06, 00:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thanks Phill for bringing this up. I agree with everything you said. I get very upset when people insult others on here. I get so tired of the arguing and fighting that goes on here, that I don't even post or update my blog much anymore. I just don't want to get insulted. I don't want to have to be afraid of posting a question anymore. Once again Phill, thanks for bringing this up. :-)

I love John Deacon and Brian May!!!
queen mercury 33542 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 576 posts

Posted: 01 Sep 06, 01:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I don't blame you phill the thrill. I know that there are a lot of people on here. Not all, but some, that are mean. It bugs me too. I joined this site to learn more about queen and because I love queen. If I ask a stupid question, I'm sorry. I just feel hurt sometimes by people's remarks. I'm totally blind by the way, and sometimes people make rude remarks on that too which hurt.
Thanks for posting that.
Queen Mercury

NA
The prophet's song user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1044 posts

Posted: 01 Sep 06, 02:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It's becomming all to often that I've been calling upon the wisdom of Ghandi
"An eye for an eye makes the world blind"

So yes, I'm mostly agreeing with Phill. If people constantly be rude to others, what's it going to acheieve other than make them feel shitty about themselves, when saying something nice does so much more.

"Either this kid has a lightbulb up his ass or his colon has a great idea"
corades user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 53 posts

Posted: 01 Sep 06, 06:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Some think that being rude is cool, and don't recognize the difference between being witty and being stupidly rude.

eenaweena. user not visiting Queenzone.com
eenaweena.
Deity: 2355 posts

Posted: 01 Sep 06, 07:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

everyone's said what i wanted to say, so yeah. i admire your courage. you were brave enough to post something like this, especially in the midst of the people you were referring to.

The Fairy King user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Fairy King
Deity: 8686 posts

Posted: 01 Sep 06, 07:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Well aren't you a whiney little bitch.
I think the people who have a problem with the attitude towards them should look at what their own attitudes are towards the board.

If you actually KNOW how a forum works, then you will get the respect you deserve, but i'm afraid putting this little thread in the wrong section is the beginning of the end. You have to realise that when people actually react this way for a reason.

Individually it might come across as rude or impolite, but you have to realise for people who are here for a while it can get tiring when a lot of people are making the same mistake.

With so many personalities, different senses of humour and interests and backgrounds you can't get along all the time. And the handicap of not seeing eachothers faces isn't helping either.

So if you follow the rules on here, there is no problem and people will treat you right(most of the time).

Killed by drones.
Fireplace user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 889 posts

Posted: 01 Sep 06, 07:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

John S Stuart wrote:

I also strongly disagree with the view that Queenzone needs another self-appointed sanctimonious conscience.

John, I am absolutely flabbergasted. This coming from you, the self-appointed sanctimonious conscience of QZ whenever a shred or scrap of possibly official material is featured on this board? And pressing home your point by nitpicking on someone's spelling?

Were you having a bad day?

Boy Thomas Raker user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 969 posts

Posted: 01 Sep 06, 09:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

John, talk about the pot calling the kettle black, your spelling is nothing to write home about. You've always been someone who I see as respecting the community at large, and always trying to bring knowledge to the board. While I agree some of Phil's word choices are strong, he's spot on with most of what he says. Can't quantify it, but for the vast majority of posters here, a witty response to a statement like "Brian's playing was at a creative high during ANATO" would be something along the lines of "FUCK U, OLD MAN, MADE IN HEAVEN ROCKS!!!" The disrespect is fine as it's the internet, but a lot of people want knowledge. If people can tell me why someone's opinion isn't valid, we'd love to learn more, but too many people here post idiotic responses which drags the board down.

You know, good times are now.