Forums > Queen - General Discussion > Freddie´s birthday censorship in zanzibar!

forum rss feed
Author

Marcelo_argentina user not visiting Queenzone.com
Marcelo_argentina
Bohemian: 219 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 31 Aug 06, 18:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hi everybody,I am posting here coz I just can´t believe what I read in a newspaper (on-line). There is a reataurant in Zanzibar which is organizing a special dinner to celebrate what would have been Freddie 60´s birthday, and the goverment does not allowe them to do it coz Freddie Mercury was Homosexual. This is so terrible, I mean, I can´t believe that this is happening! How can you forbid a celebration only for the sexual condition of a person???Totally freak!....
"...But the Muslim government already demanded to cancel it because he considers that the singer violated the Islam with his “style of outlandish life”...
incredible!!!!!


Sherwood Forest user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 3547 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 31 Aug 06, 18:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

you should send that article to brian
if it is indeed true then wow
no words can even describe how sad the people running that country are


One should ANALize the Poetry on page 43, when Oedipus is rollin' in his benzo and he has to bust a cap on some flagrants in the under city



http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/image/essay/1
Joeker user not visiting Queenzone.com
Joeker
Bohemian: 753 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 31 Aug 06, 18:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

i didnt even know zanzibar was really on the map until i knew freddie was born there...thats the only good thing to ever happen there


Roger: Can I go To Lunch Now?

Brian: No, You Can't...

---------------------------------------

Freddie: Oh Shit, All this crap again?!



"If I had to do it all over again, yes why not? why not
Marcelo_argentina user not visiting Queenzone.com
Marcelo_argentina
Bohemian: 219 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 31 Aug 06, 18:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Take a look at this direction from "AP"

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/external/search.hosted.ap.org/wireCoreTool/Search?SITE=TNJAC&query=Freddie%20Mercury

Sad but true!

its_a_hard_life 26994 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 11046 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 31 Aug 06, 19:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

kingarthur wrote:

i didnt even know zanzibar was really on the map until i knew freddie was born there...thats the only good thing to ever happen there


Same with me actually!

This is disgusting news.... Not even his own country accepts him for who he is.

its_a_hard_life 26994 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 11046 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 31 Aug 06, 19:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<font color="red">The Audacity of Kelley wrote:

<font color="#FF00FF">its_a_hard_life wrote:

kingarthur wrote:

i didnt even know zanzibar was really on the map until i knew freddie was born there...thats the only good thing to ever happen there


Same with me actually!

This is disgusting news.... Not even his own country accepts him for who he is.


Well, they DID have a revolution and everything - which I assume means some sort of government change...

But Zanzibar is just a country. It wouldn't make a difference if it was Liechtenstein trying to stop the party.

Places change all the time - it is the people that do not.


Yeah ofcourse I know...



magicalfreddiemercury user not visiting Queenzone.com
magicalfreddiemercury
Deity: 2693 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 31 Aug 06, 19:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I saw this on Yahoo News and posted this comment (#882) in the discussion section -

===
These people are idiots

Freddie Mercury was the best thing Zanzibar had to offer. They should be proud of that remarkable man with such amazing talent. Instead, they fear a party honoring his birth will 'encourage homosexuality'. Idiots. Though if Freddie were still here, I've a feeling his reply to them would simply be, "Fuck off, darlings."

===

I think we should all post a comment. People need to be reminded who Freddie/Queen were. You can go to the bottom of the article and click 'discuss'.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20060831/ennew_afp/afpentertainmentmusictanzaniazanzibarislamqueen_060831142609



"The others don't like my interviews. And frankly, I don't care much for theirs." ~ Freddie Mercury



Armando Alejandro Estrada user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 92 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 31 Aug 06, 20:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'm sorry, but Islam is destroying this world. Sorry if I offend Muslims, but I think that most of the Westerners believe that Islam is not a religion, but a way to control people and keep them ignorant. Like Christianity used to be in Europe.

Do you guys realize that a young Pakistani girl living in Italy was killed by her father because she lived like a westerner? That afterward her mother said: My daughter was a bad muslim? Plus the family didn't speak Italian except for the girl killed. Multiculturalism is bullshit!!! When you come in Occident you adapt to the culture you move to! The problem of the Westerners is that they always yield!

I'm sick of all that! Since WWII, when you say something about race, you're called a racist or intolerant. I think we have tolerated a lot. Because we are white and our past, we should accept everything? When a white person goes to live in the Maghreb or in Asia, he adapt to the traditions and the ways of life there? But does the other way around hold true? NO!!! Occident has to understand that they have yielded to much and need to reinforce their immigration laws.

I know that all muslims and Arabs are not intolerants, but to me it seems to me that indeed they are when you see all the atrocities perpetrated for a religion!! Religion, you gotta be kidding me. Muslims are more and more ostracized in the West and if they don't make nice, they will reinstate a Cruisade-like feeling among Westerners. I'm sick of Islam, point and simple, it's a sick religion.

They treat everything bad: women, children, westerners, etc, etc, etc, etc.

Read my message and think for a moment who is more intolerant.

Think about it: Syria, Iran, Irak, Afghanistan. Most of the dictatorships in the world are muslim states.

I condemn Islam! They talk about God, God and the only thing they do is kill people. Shame on Islam!

The only thing you create is violence, hatrid and division! The more it goes, the more people in the West despise the Arabs and Muslims! They only create a feeling of racism in the West!

sara310 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 79 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 31 Aug 06, 20:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thats sad...they should have like a Freddie Mercury mask there...that would be funny


:)
rocks. user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1808 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 31 Aug 06, 21:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

*sigh* That's so stupid of them. Awful...

to the above anti-islam post, prepare for the brightest flame you've ever seen...

Marcelo_argentina user not visiting Queenzone.com
Marcelo_argentina
Bohemian: 219 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 31 Aug 06, 21:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Armando Alejandro Estrada I "Do Not" agree with you at ALL!...with your speech you behave the same way of those who you criticizes.


queen mercury 33542 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 576 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 01 Sep 06, 01:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

You're right! How can people cancil a celebration for someone because of their sexual preferences? That's terrible! That's wrong!


NA
The prophet's song user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1044 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 01 Sep 06, 02:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

We are studing disparaties in Tanzania/Zanzibar at the moment, and I was the only person who could say anything about Zanzibar because of Freddie being born there. In our country, if you do something to make us heard on the world stage, you're considered a ledgend (Peter Jackson, Sir Edmond Hillary, Lord Rutherford to name a few) so Zanzibar should be THANKING Freddie for, in his own special way, increasing worldwide awareness about the place.


"Either this kid has a lightbulb up his ass or his colon has a great idea"
The prophet's song user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1044 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 01 Sep 06, 02:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<font color="33CC00">macbethscrazywife wrote:

The prophet's song wrote:

We are studing disparaties in Tanzania/Zanzibar at the moment, and I was the only person who could say anything about Zanzibar because of Freddie being born there. In our country, if you do something to make us heard on the world stage, you're considered a ledgend (Peter Jackson, Sir Edmond Hillary, Lord Rutherford to name a few) so Zanzibar should be THANKING Freddie for, in his own special way, increasing worldwide awareness about the place.

yes...he's probably responsible for a good deal of tourism there.


not quite what I meant, but oh well...


"Either this kid has a lightbulb up his ass or his colon has a great idea"
The prophet's song user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1044 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 01 Sep 06, 03:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<font color="33CC00">macbethscrazywife wrote:

The prophet's song wrote:

<font color="33CC00">macbethscrazywife wrote:

The prophet's song wrote:

We are studing disparaties in Tanzania/Zanzibar at the moment, and I was the only person who could say anything about Zanzibar because of Freddie being born there. In our country, if you do something to make us heard on the world stage, you're considered a ledgend (Peter Jackson, Sir Edmond Hillary, Lord Rutherford to name a few) so Zanzibar should be THANKING Freddie for, in his own special way, increasing worldwide awareness about the place.

yes...he's probably responsible for a good deal of tourism there.


not quite what I meant, but oh well...

what did you mean then? i'm not being sarcastic...tourism is a huge chunk of zanzibar's economy. they're being very foolish to alienate their gay customers(and those with political consciences) for reasons of bigotry.


Just like overall awareness about the country itself, where it is, its culture, that kind of thing.


"Either this kid has a lightbulb up his ass or his colon has a great idea"
thomasquinn 32989 user not visiting Queenzone.com
thomasquinn 32989
Deity: 6257 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 01 Sep 06, 07:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Marcelo_argentina wrote:

Hi everybody,I am posting here coz I just can´t believe what I read in a newspaper (on-line). There is a reataurant in Zanzibar which is organizing a special dinner to celebrate what would have been Freddie 60´s birthday, and the goverment does not allowe them to do it coz Freddie Mercury was Homosexual.


Not the government. A fundamentalist religious faction. Fundamentalists are always outrageously inhuman.


Not Plutus but Apollo rules Parnassus

eenaweena. user not visiting Queenzone.com
eenaweena.
Deity: 2355 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 01 Sep 06, 08:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<b><font color = "crimson"> ThomasQuinn wrote:

Marcelo_argentina wrote:

Hi everybody,I am posting here coz I just can´t believe what I read in a newspaper (on-line). There is a reataurant in Zanzibar which is organizing a special dinner to celebrate what would have been Freddie 60´s birthday, and the goverment does not allowe them to do it coz Freddie Mercury was Homosexual.


Not the government. A fundamentalist religious faction. Fundamentalists are always outrageously inhuman.


agreed. but not all muslims are like this... probably just the extremists.

thomasquinn 32989 user not visiting Queenzone.com
thomasquinn 32989
Deity: 6257 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 01 Sep 06, 11:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<font color="indigo"><b>friedchicken \m/ wrote:

<b><font color = "crimson"> ThomasQuinn wrote:

Marcelo_argentina wrote:

Hi everybody,I am posting here coz I just can´t believe what I read in a newspaper (on-line). There is a reataurant in Zanzibar which is organizing a special dinner to celebrate what would have been Freddie 60´s birthday, and the goverment does not allowe them to do it coz Freddie Mercury was Homosexual.


Not the government. A fundamentalist religious faction. Fundamentalists are always outrageously inhuman.


agreed. but not all muslims are like this... probably just the extremists.


Hmm. Could that be the reason I used the word 'fundamentalist'? You see, the same goes for fundamentalist Jews, Catholics, Protestants, Hindus, etc.


Not Plutus but Apollo rules Parnassus

thomasquinn 32989 user not visiting Queenzone.com
thomasquinn 32989
Deity: 6257 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 01 Sep 06, 14:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

the GIRLZ are back in town wrote:

Anyway what the hell does Freddie have to do with the Muslim community? He wasn't Muslim he was Parsi!

Edit: I'm really sorry if I'm just displaying ignorance here but I don't believe that they are the same religion. Correct me if I'm wrong!


At least your edit was correct.

'Parsi' describes the population of Iran, some people in India and Pakistan and, until the revolution, a large part of the Zanzibari population. It is not a religion.


Not Plutus but Apollo rules Parnassus

The Real Wizard user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Real Wizard
Deity: 18638 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 01 Sep 06, 15:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Marcelo_argentina wrote:

Armando Alejandro Estrada I "Do Not" agree with you at ALL!...with your speech you behave the same way of those who you criticizes.


So... he's expressing his opinion, and therefore he's being equally bigoted and primitive? I think not.

With your "logic": It's okay for them to be intolerant, but it's not okay for him to be intolerant of their intolerance, so to speak? It's the double standard that people often give to anyone who has any criticism for hardcore religion. Throughout history, lasting social change towards tolerance and acceptance has only happened because there were criticial thinkers who could think outside the box. Going with the flow is what the masses do. The thinkers have created the changes that have removed us from the clutches of religion into a world of free thought. Generally speaking, the Muslim world has a long way to go.

I generally agree with his post. The only place where I completely disagree is where he said Christianity used to be like this. In the majority of the bible belt of the USA, it's exactly like it was in Europe until the enlightenment. Come to think of it, if you consider that you have the media today, it perhaps is worse.



"The more generous you are with your music, the more it comes back to you." -- Dan Lampinski



http://www.queenlive.ca