Forums > Queen - Serious Discussion > NEW FM CD recieved 8/31!

forum rss feed
Author

Crezchi user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 664 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 03 Sep 06, 01:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I forgot to share this info with you all. I recieved this cd on 8/31, it is pretty cool, here are the tracklistings for the 2 cd.

01. In My Defence 3:55
02. The Great Pretender 3:27
03. Livin On My Own (1993 Radio 3:38
Mix)
04. Made In Heaven 4:05
05. Love Kills 4:29
06. There Must Be More To Life 3:00
Than This
07. Guide Me Home 2:50
08. How Can I Go On 3:51
09. Foolin' Around 3:36
10. Time 3:56
11. Barcelona 5:40
12. Love Me Mike There's No 3:48
Tomorrow
13. I Was Born To Love You 3:40
14. The Golden Boy 6:06
15. Mr. Bad Guy 4:12
16. The Great Pretender (Malouf 3:39
Remix)
17. Love Kills (Star Rider Remix) 3:39
18. I Can Hear Music 3:28
19. Goin' Back 3:34
20. Guide Me Home (Thierry Lang, 4:18
Piano Version) (Bonus Track)

Track List: CD #2/2
01. Love Kills (Sunshine People 3:16
Radio Mix)
02. Made In Heaven (Extended 4:50
Version)
03. Living On My Own (The Egg 5:37
Remix)
04. Love Kills (Rank 1 Remix) 7:18
05. Mr. Bad Guy (Bad Circulation 3:26
Version)
06. I Was Born To Love You (George 4:02
Demure Almost Vocal Mix)
07. My Love Is Dangerous (Extended 6:28
Version)
08. Love Makin' Love (Demo) 3:38
09. Love Kills (Pixel82 Remix) 6:13
10. I Was Born To Love You 7:06
(Extended Version)
11. Foolin' Around (Early Version) 4:15
12. Living On My Own (No More 5:15
Brothers Extended Mix)
13. Love Kills (More Order Rework 6:53
By The Glimmers)
14. Your Kind Of Lover (Vocal & 3:38
Piano Version)
15. Let's Turn It On (A Cappella) 3:04

I don't think it is scheduled for release in the UK until 9/04, i got it early, but it is worth the wait for his b-day! :)


Hello you rock and rollers!
Serry... user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 8271 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 03 Sep 06, 02:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yeah, pretty good! 2,5 hours of Freddie's music. That previously unreleased Mr Bad Guy demo is pretty interesting too (and he really sings "bad circulation"!). But anyway - thanks for that, something new at least.

Serry... user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 8271 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 03 Sep 06, 02:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

And by the way Love Kills Rank 1 Remix is verrrrryyyyyy similar to Extended Vocal Mix.

Deacon Fan user not visiting Queenzone.com
on vacation
Deacon Fan
Royalty: 1757 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 03 Sep 06, 04:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It's a nice set. Shame about the DVD though. Hopefully we'll hear what has happened soon. Perhaps that wanker Jim beach decided to yank something at the last minute again.

Daniel vZ user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 793 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 03 Sep 06, 06:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I think the Living On My Own mix they released as a single in '93 is really bad, I really prefer the fm album version.


"If there's a God or any kind of justice under the sky

If there's a point, if there's a reason to live or die".

Wilki Amieva user not visiting Queenzone.com
We must all HEAR to believe
Wilki Amieva
Royalty: 1418 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 03 Sep 06, 11:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Serry... wrote:

And by the way Love Kills Rank 1 Remix is verrrrryyyyyy similar to Extended Vocal Mix.


It is indeed the same mix, but without the spoken intro.

una999 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 598 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 03 Sep 06, 16:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I kind of think it's sad - the music is already out there. These re issues and other people mixing songs is really annoying.

Take living on my own - there's nearly 10 diffenent versions of that song and what's the point. any extra stuff isn't freddie or queen just someother artist.

remixing is for retards - creating music is a gift - freddie had that gift big time

The Real Wizard user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Real Wizard
Deity: 18633 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 04 Sep 06, 19:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

So, just to confirm...

The only new things between the CD and DVD releases are:

Mr. Bad Guy demo
7 minutes of interview footage from 1987.

Pretty pathetic (but not entirely surprising), if that's it.



"The more generous you are with your music, the more it comes back to you." -- Dan Lampinski



http://www.queenlive.ca
Queenfred user not visiting Queenzone.com
Queenfred
Bohemian: 194 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 06 Sep 06, 01:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Really? Is that all there is that's 'new' on there? Fuck, I'll rent the disc, copy it, and somehow make it through life without the Mr Bad guy demo. All in all, there's now 12 cds and 4 dvds dedicated to the 2 'solo' albums he made. Thank Christ the world isn't suffering from a lack of resources...


Gentleman, you can't fight in here - this is The War Room!
The Real Wizard user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Real Wizard
Deity: 18633 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 06 Sep 06, 13:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Queenfred wrote:

All in all, there's now 12 cds and 4 dvds dedicated to the 2 'solo' albums he made. Thank Christ the world isn't suffering from a lack of resources...


But to put it more positively:

Imagine how much Queen stuff exists from 15 albums, if this much can be made from 2 Freddie solo albums.


"The more generous you are with your music, the more it comes back to you." -- Dan Lampinski



http://www.queenlive.ca
Deacon Fan user not visiting Queenzone.com
on vacation
Deacon Fan
Royalty: 1757 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 06 Sep 06, 14:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hmm. After 6 years they release some new Freddie stuff. There's a new demo, 8 or 9 remixes of which a few are quite good, upgraded DVDs including The Untold Story available for the first time to fans who can't get the big box for whatever reason.

I see nothing wrong with these releases. It's not like the Queen stuff where we get a couple rehashes a year.

If spending $20 or so for a nice item to add to your collection that includes even just one new track is too much for you, don't buy it. Or buy the one track at iTunes or the QOL shop and quit bitching :)

Queenfred user not visiting Queenzone.com
Queenfred
Bohemian: 194 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 07 Sep 06, 00:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Mikahl wrote:

Hmm. After 6 years they release some new Freddie stuff. There's a new demo, 8 or 9 remixes of which a few are quite good, upgraded DVDs including The Untold Story available for the first time to fans who can't get the big box for whatever reason.

I see nothing wrong with these releases. It's not like the Queen stuff where we get a couple rehashes a year.

If spending $20 or so for a nice item to add to your collection that includes even just one new track is too much for you, don't buy it. Or buy the one track at iTunes or the QOL shop and quit bitching :)


...Thank you- I didn't realise I had the option of not buying it. It all makes perfect sense now.

iTunes? Nah, I enjoy music way too much to listen to compressed audio (sorry, I'll stop bitching)


Gentleman, you can't fight in here - this is The War Room!
Fireplace user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 889 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 07 Sep 06, 03:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Mikahl wrote:


If spending $20 or so for a nice item to add to your collection that includes even just one new track is too much for you, don't buy it.


It's a small step from one new track to no new tracks at all, so I suppose you bought at least 5 packages?

Deacon Fan user not visiting Queenzone.com
on vacation
Deacon Fan
Royalty: 1757 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 07 Sep 06, 05:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Fireplace wrote:

Mikahl wrote:


If spending $20 or so for a nice item to add to your collection that includes even just one new track is too much for you, don't buy it.


It's a small step from one new track to no new tracks at all, so I suppose you bought at least 5 packages?


Just one beautiful Japanese edition so far, but I'll definitely buy the US version too when it comes out. :)

Fireplace user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 889 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 07 Sep 06, 07:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Mikahl wrote:

Fireplace wrote:

Mikahl wrote:


If spending $20 or so for a nice item to add to your collection that includes even just one new track is too much for you, don't buy it.


It's a small step from one new track to no new tracks at all, so I suppose you bought at least 5 packages?


Just one beautiful Japanese edition so far, but I'll definitely buy the US version too when it comes out. :)


I stand rebuked :-)

GreatKingSam user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 670 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 07 Sep 06, 08:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

As per the DVD...

...I've only the seen the TV version of The Untold Story, but the version on the DVD is far longer with more to it. Though, I don't know if this is the same as the version on the FM Solo Box Set or not.

Either way, a DVD of stuff I already had (exluding the 1987 FM interview and short Making of documentary etc) has turned into a decent purchase.

thomasquinn 32989 user not visiting Queenzone.com
thomasquinn 32989
Deity: 6256 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 07 Sep 06, 09:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sir GH<br><h6>ah yeah</h6> wrote:

Queenfred wrote:

All in all, there's now 12 cds and 4 dvds dedicated to the 2 'solo' albums he made. Thank Christ the world isn't suffering from a lack of resources...


But to put it more positively:

Imagine how much Queen stuff exists from 15 albums, if this much can be made from 2 Freddie solo albums.


Yeah, but my wallet hurts already when I think of the amount of money I am going to be conned out of to get it.


Not Plutus but Apollo rules Parnassus

Micrówave user not visiting Queenzone.com
Delilah, on Medium Power
Micrówave
Deity: 7037 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 08 Sep 06, 18:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

All in all, there's now 12 cds and 4 dvds dedicated to the 2 'solo' albums he made. Thank Christ the world isn't suffering from a lack of resources...



Imagine how much Queen stuff exists from 15 albums, if this much can be made from 2 Freddie solo albums.



I have over 30 different Men at Work CDs. They made 3 albums, 36 songs total. I think the FM team has only begin to churn out the hits...

Here's the next few releases from Freddie:

The Best Of Freddie
The Ultimate Freddie
Greatest Hits
Classics
Anthology
Freddie Mercury & Friends (Just slap Man from Manhattan & Tenor Sax on it!!!!)
The Essential Freddie Mercury
The Instrumental Works
The Best Of Volume 2
Chronicles

and of course, the Freddie Mercury - My favorite songs CD has to get in there somewhere...

Fireplace user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 889 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 08 Sep 06, 18:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

And of course: Freddie Mercury - 15 songs by his all time favourite singer Paul Rodgers + special guest stars Roger Taylor & Brian May (taken directly from Return Of The Champions)....