Forums > Queen - General Discussion > SHOW SOME RESPECT !!

forum rss feed
Author

ITSM user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1021 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 06 Sep 06, 11:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

You must show respect for the dead!!

Steve Irwin was the greatest animal-person..

I've watched him alot.

R.I.P.

..this was kind of serious.. I'm usually not that :)

Chuck Norris never sleeps, he waits...
kagezan1313 user not visiting Queenzone.com
kagezan1313
Bohemian: 940 posts

Posted: 06 Sep 06, 12:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Was Steve Irwin a member of Queen? Did he have anything to do with Queen Productions? If not, then FUCK OFF WITH THE STEVE IRWIN THREADS on Queenzone! Talk about the pathetic fuck in the Personal section.

Thank you, God bless you, sweet dreams you lot of tarts, Good-bye!
AmeriQueen user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1072 posts

Posted: 06 Sep 06, 13:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

No shit! And for the record... that's what he gets for fucking with wild animals and selling it to people with too much time on their hands.

Lester Burnham user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5870 posts

Posted: 06 Sep 06, 13:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

AmeriQueen wrote:

No shit! And for the record... that's what he gets for fucking with wild animals and selling it to people with too much time on their hands.

Apparently, you didn't read the part about his death where he wasn't "fucking with wild animals" - he was merely going for a swim and the stingray felt threatened and attacked.

You might want to try reading his bio on wikipedia - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_irwin - and see just how passionate a conservationist and animal enthusiast was. He wasn't only a crazy Aussie who ran around screaming "Crikey!" and "I'll stick me finger up her bum!" to get ratings; he actually gave a shit. I was always indifferent about him and his show, but just the fact that he cared about all animals means a lot to me, and he certainly didn't deserve what he got.

Adam Baboolal user not visiting Queenzone.com
Adam Baboolal
Deity: 4986 posts

Posted: 06 Sep 06, 13:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Lester Burnham wrote:

AmeriQueen wrote:

Apparently, you didn't read the part about his death where he wasn't "fucking with wild animals" - he was merely going for a swim and the stingray felt threatened and attacked.

You might want to try reading his bio on wikipedia - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_irwin - and see just how passionate a conservationist and animal enthusiast was. He wasn't only a crazy Aussie who ran around screaming "Crikey!" and "I'll stick me finger up her bum!" to get ratings; he actually gave a shit. I was always indifferent about him and his show, but just the fact that he cared about all animals means a lot to me, and he certainly didn't deserve what he got.

Here, here!

kagezan1313

Posted: 06 Sep 06, 13:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Lester Burnham wrote:

No, he was pulling his usual stunt of coming up behind an animal and straddling it - a stingray's spine points backwards, and it's almost impossible to get jabbed with it, especially in the chest, unless you're too damn close, and trying to hump it. Dude was the second guy in Aussie history to get killed this way - that takes determination!

Posted: 06 Sep 06, 13:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

kagezan1313 wrote:

No, he was pulling his usual stunt of coming up behind an animal and straddling it

Show me where it says that.

kagezan1313

Posted: 06 Sep 06, 13:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

"according to his friend and colleague, John Stainton, he swam too close to one of the animals. "He came on top of the stingray and the stingray's barb went up and into his chest and put a hole into his heart," said Stainton, who was on board Irwin's boat the Croc One"

From the wikipedia page you quoted earlier, Lester ;)

Posted: 06 Sep 06, 13:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yeah, but it's all about context - he wasn't searching for stingrays and was in fact filming some random ocean shots for a documentary. The stingray was hidden or partially obscured and then reacted when he felt boxed in by the cameraman and Irwin.

kagezan1313

Posted: 06 Sep 06, 14:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Show me where it says that...

Janet user not visiting Queenzone.com
Janet
Deity: 3937 posts

Posted: 06 Sep 06, 14:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

John Stainton said it in a television interview on CNN.

-If you want the best seat in the house, you have to move the cat.

Posted: 06 Sep 06, 14:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

"But weather had prevented the crew from doing work for that program, Stainton said, so Irwin decided to do some softer features for a new children's TV show he was doing with his daughter, Bindi.

Wildlife documentary maker Ben Cropp, citing a colleague who saw footage of the attack, told Time.com that Irwin had accidentally boxed the stingray in. "It stopped and twisted and threw up its tail with the spike, and it caught him in the chest," said Cropp. "It's a defensive thing. It's like being stabbed with a dirty dagger." (Read the TIME.com obituary.external link)"

(from http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/asiapcf/09/04/australia.irwin.remembered/index.html )

its_a_hard_life 26994 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 11046 posts

Posted: 06 Sep 06, 14:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

kagezan1313 wrote:

Was Steve Irwin a member of Queen? Did he have anything to do with Queen Productions? If not, then FUCK OFF WITH THE STEVE IRWIN THREADS on Queenzone! Talk about the pathetic fuck in the Personal section.

LMAO!!!! :D

kagezan1313

Posted: 06 Sep 06, 14:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

He was swimming alongside it, didn't notice that his cameraman had swung around in front, and created a box-in. Any way you cut it, he was within 3 feet of the thing, or the barb wouldn't have nailed him. Familiarity breeds contempt - he simply didn't give the animal the respect and distance it deserved. All arguments about specifics will probably only be settled when the footage is released. Crikey! And I thought we were here to discuss Queen!

Munchsack user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1770 posts

Posted: 06 Sep 06, 15:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Just because this was posted in the wrong forum doesn't mean you have to have a go at Steve Irwin. In case you hadn't noticed, a lot of people here have been slagging him off, which is very unfair. Leave him alone, he did nothing wrong.

This can't end well.
Rick user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4796 posts

Posted: 06 Sep 06, 15:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

kagezan1313 wrote:

Well, Steve walks warily down the street with his brim pulled way down low.

John: "It's the one thing I wish I could do - sing."

Adolfo and the spiders from Mercury user not visiting Queenzone.com
Adolfo and the spiders from Mercury
Royalty: 1054 posts

Posted: 06 Sep 06, 16:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Fuck the motherfuckers who show no respect.
Steve was an amazing guy, who did more for the sake of the world than any of this motherfcukers.
Even Brian cares about steve's death, so fuck anyone who doesnt!

:)
Jakobe user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 197 posts

Posted: 06 Sep 06, 17:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<font color=blue>Rick wrote:

kagezan1313 wrote:

Well, Steve walks warily down the street with his brim pulled way down low.

HaHa!

juanm1921 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 6 posts

Posted: 06 Sep 06, 20:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

And even if he did something wrong, it doesn´t mean you can be disrespectful about it. Maybe Freddie, Brian you or me had done things that were wrong, and I don't see you insulting Freddie.

I dare not laugh at the madman
Bambi user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 316 posts

Posted: 06 Sep 06, 20:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

You all are heartless shitheads.