Forums > Personal > Bush admits secret CIA prisons, international outrage follows

forum rss feed
Author

thomasquinn 32989 user not visiting Queenzone.com
thomasquinn 32989
Deity: 6256 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 07 Sep 06, 09:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Now that Bush has confirmed what we already knew, we can add one more to the ever-growing list of warcrimes, crimes against the peace and crimes against humanity there is to his name. Not only has he violated human rights once again here, he has also had his drones lie to heads of state.

http://edition.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/europe/09/07/bush.europe.ap/index.html
http://edition.cnn.com/2006/POLITICS/09/06/bush.speech/index.html

Yet another bit of 'pleasant' news: more people have now died because of anti-terrorism than because of terrorism itself. What a great world we inhabit. I wonder what the history books will tell us about these times some 50 years from now. Surely, the McCarthy-era will pale in comparison.

Not Plutus but Apollo rules Parnassus

thomasquinn 32989

Posted: 07 Sep 06, 09:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Let's hope the American voters will think better about whom they will elect next time. The enemy here is not so much the radical, it's the evil overlord who rallies more people to that radical course everyday due to his nazi-regime.

eenaweena. user not visiting Queenzone.com
eenaweena.
Deity: 2355 posts

Posted: 07 Sep 06, 09:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

he's so stupid. and evil. he brain washes some of the leaders into believing he rocks. but he is full of shit. our president got brainwashed. which really, really sucks.

bobo the chimp user not visiting Queenzone.com
bobo the chimp
Deity: 12700 posts

Posted: 07 Sep 06, 09:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

http://break.com/index/evil_state_of_union.html

"Your not funny, your not a good musician, theres a difference between being funny and being an idiot, you obviously being the latter" - Dave R Fuller
The Fairy King user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Fairy King
Deity: 8686 posts

Posted: 07 Sep 06, 10:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

[Edit] Not worth it.

Killed by drones.
PieterMC user not visiting Queenzone.com
PieterMC
Deity: 3931 posts

Posted: 07 Sep 06, 10:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<b><font color = "crimson"> ThomasQuinn wrote:

Let's hope the American voters will think better about whom they will elect next time. The enemy here is not so much the radical, it's the evil overlord who rallies more people to that radical course everyday due to his nazi-regime.

Don't forget that they never actually voted him in the first time.

bobo the chimp

Posted: 07 Sep 06, 10:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

PieterMC wrote:

You *can* buy City Hall!

"Your not funny, your not a good musician, theres a difference between being funny and being an idiot, you obviously being the latter" - Dave R Fuller
thomasquinn 32989

Posted: 07 Sep 06, 10:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

PieterMC wrote:

Some 50% of the people who went to vote (ie. 25% of the American people) did, sadly...

thomasquinn 32989

Posted: 07 Sep 06, 10:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<font color=orange><b>Freddies son</b wrote:

Bush is by far the worst ever American president

Nah, I think Herbert Hoover deserves that title. He is the worst since WWII though.

Maz user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5799 posts

Posted: 07 Sep 06, 10:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<font color=orange><b>Freddies son</b wrote:

Bush is by far the worst ever American president

Nah, I think Herbert Hoover deserves that title. He is the worst since WWII though.

Nixon, Harding, Buchanan, and Grant were all worse than Hoover, according to leading historians.

Also, serious study of the Great Depression reveals that Hoover was not as bad as many people think.

DJ's the man we love the most
thomasquinn 32989

Posted: 07 Sep 06, 10:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I can see the point with Nixon, yeah. Buchanon and Grant were more insignificant than bad, weren't they?

And of course, there's Warren G. Harding with the most corrupt administration ever!

Maz user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5799 posts

Posted: 07 Sep 06, 10:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Buchanon and Grant were more insignificant than bad, weren't they?

No, they were bad.

Harding had the most corrupt administration perhaps, but Grant was a close second. Corruption in his administration led to a 4 year depression which devastated the railroad industry and led to a halt in Reconstruction. One of the great questions in American history is what might have happened had Reconstruction not failed in the 1870s. (Grant was so obtuse that he wanted a third term as President because he needed a job)

Though the Civil War probably would have occurred regardless of Buchanan, he did not help matters. In fact, when the states left the Union, he actually said that it was beyond his power to do anything about it. That is weak and ineffective leadership at it's worst.

DJ's the man we love the most
thomasquinn 32989

Posted: 07 Sep 06, 10:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Zeni wrote:

Buchanon and Grant were more insignificant than bad, weren't they?

No, they were bad.

Harding had the most corrupt administration perhaps, but Grant was a close second. Corruption in his administration led to a 4 year depression which devastated the railroad industry and led to a halt in Reconstruction. One of the great questions in American history is what might have happened had Reconstruction not failed in the 1870s. (Grant was so obtuse that he wanted a third term as President because he needed a job)

Though the Civil War probably would have occurred regardless of Buchanan, he did not help matters. In fact, when the states left the Union, he actually said that it was beyond his power to do anything about it. That is weak and ineffective leadership at it's worst.

I'll take your word for it. I'm not familiar with 19th century US politics in general. The Grant-part does once again show that soldiers should never get into politics. Same goes for Sharon, for instance.

AspiringPhilosophe user not visiting Queenzone.com
AspiringPhilosophe
Royalty: 1711 posts

Posted: 07 Sep 06, 11:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

PieterMC wrote:

Some 50% of the people who went to vote (ie. 25% of the American people) did, sadly...

I think you are confusing the 2000 election with the 2004 re-election here, Thomas. Pieter is right on the first one, and most people know that....Bush didn't win the first election in 2000, the Supreme Court gave that one to him (by what means, I don't even want to get into). But, like Thomas says, he did win the 2004 election fair and square. He did what the republicans are going to try to do again with these mid-term elections in a few months....scare the hell out of the American people and making them think if we were to change leadership the whole protection system will collapse. Plus, I'm sure some of them will try the "We haven't been attacked since republicans came into office, so that means that we have been effective in stopping terror" bit, which is a false argument becaues that can't be proven either way. It's just as possible that the resources and time it took to plan something like 9-11 wiped them out for a time, and they need some time to plan more and get more resources and people. I'm sure that it took more than 5 years to plan 9-11, from start to finish. Granted, we've probably make things alittle more difficult for them, but the argument itself is unprovable.
The saddest thing about the 2004 election though wasn't the fact that Bush got himself re-elected....I saw that coming a mile away because most Americans are pretty guilible (or stupid) or both. The saddest thing is that if Kerry had managed to get himself elected, nothing would have changed, because he wouldn't have been able to do anything. Republicans still have control of the Congress, and they would NOT have worked with him to get anything done. He's had been a figurehead at most. Of course, the same holds true for Bush to a certain extent. Things could be much worse if he had the control of Congress that he needs to pass everything he wants to pass. True, the Republicans have the majority, but they have a slim majority, and you need 2/3 vote to pass anything of any consequence. That means some Democrats would have to vote with the Republicans, and you know that's not about to happen any time soon. So Bush's hands are kinda tied as well (although not as much as I'd like to see them tied).
As far as what Historians are going to say about this Presidency, only time will tell. I'd give it about 100 years, because the Historians who are alive (or historians in training, like me) are going to be too biased to be able to view this whole thing from a distance. We'll need a new generation who wasn't alive when Bush was in office to know for certain.

Formerly MHG
bobo the chimp

Posted: 07 Sep 06, 11:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Meet the new boss...
Same as the old boss.

Lisser user not visiting Queenzone.com
Lisser
Deity: 4794 posts

Posted: 07 Sep 06, 14:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Zebonka12 wrote:

http://break.com/index/evil_state_of_union.html

This was hilarious. Thanks for sharing!

Wo ist das kamerahhhhhhhhhhh!!!

NJ!!!

That guy who digs energy domes user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5020 posts

Posted: 07 Sep 06, 14:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Its about time! Hopefully gitmo can teach those bastards their lesson

Freedom of choice is what you've got

Freedom from choice is what you want

http://queen4ever.19.forumer.com/index.php
Crezchi user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 664 posts

Posted: 07 Sep 06, 16:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I didn't vote for Bush the 1st or 2nd time. I wonder if he still reads his "PRESIDENT FOR DUMMIES" book everytime he makes and address to the nation? lol

Hello you rock and rollers!
Gone. user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 7178 posts

Posted: 07 Sep 06, 16:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Crezchi wrote:

I didn't vote for Bush the 1st or 2nd time. I wonder if he still reads his "PRESIDENT FOR DUMMIES" book everytime he makes and address to the nation? lol

lol xD

Joeker user not visiting Queenzone.com
Joeker
Bohemian: 753 posts

Posted: 07 Sep 06, 18:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Abe Lincoln was probably the best president in USA history...George W. Bush is cool cause we can poke fun at him more than any other prez

Roger: Can I go To Lunch Now?

Brian: No, You Can't...

---------------------------------------

Freddie: Oh Shit, All this crap again?!

"If I had to do it all over again, yes why not? why not