Forums > Sharing The Music - Announce > april lady ???????????????????

forum rss feed
Author

andy1962 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 502 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 08 Sep 06, 05:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

picture of labal,recording the same

Attachment: img001.jpg 540 KB
This has been downloaded 186 time(s).


Fireplace user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 889 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 08 Sep 06, 06:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I am pretty sure the song "April Lady' on Smile's EP was credited to a certain Stanley Lucas.
Are you sure it's the same song?

andy1962 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 502 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 08 Sep 06, 06:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

yes it is,i was shocked when i found it and played it,i have no record player anymore so i cannot record it but i'm sure i have it on tape somewhere when i find it i will post it for all to listen to

Jjeroen user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4781 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 08 Sep 06, 07:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'm afraid that if it is indeed the Smile-version, you are not allowed to upload it here...

But if it is the same version, that would be very strange. Wanna sell it? ;-)

andy1962 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 502 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 08 Sep 06, 07:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

to have april lady as the b side and the funny thing about it is the a side which is called "i sure like your smile".lol see image

Attachment: img002.jpg 233 KB
This has been downloaded 78 time(s).


riku_queencdr user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 168 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 08 Sep 06, 07:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Unless we can hear this version and confirm it Smile's April Lady, I think it is just another April Lady song by a band called Southern Comfort.
http://www.alexgitlin.com/npp/sc.htm

andy1962 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 502 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 08 Sep 06, 07:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

riku_queencdr wrote:

Unless we can hear this version and confirm it Smile's April Lady, I think it is just another April Lady song by a band called Southern Comfort.
http://www.alexgitlin.com/npp/sc.htm
i know the smile version and i have listened to this version and i can comfirm that they are the same,i currently tring to find a record player so i can record it and post it

Jjeroen user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4781 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 08 Sep 06, 07:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

andy1962 wrote:

to have april lady as the b side and the funny thing about it is the a side which is called "i sure like your smile".lol see image

'I sure like your smile'...
lol - that IS funny! ;-)

andy1962 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 502 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 08 Sep 06, 07:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

jeroen wrote:

andy1962 wrote:

to have april lady as the b side and the funny thing about it is the a side which is called "i sure like your smile".lol see image

'I sure like your smile'...
lol - that IS funny! ;-)
when i first saw this record i thought i wonder what this sounds like and when i did play it i could not belive my ears,made a few phone calls and no one seems to have a record player anymore just cd players i can't wait to find one so you can all listen to it

andy1962 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 502 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 08 Sep 06, 07:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

andy1962 wrote:

jeroen wrote:

andy1962 wrote:

to have april lady as the b side and the funny thing about it is the a side which is called "i sure like your smile".lol see image

'I sure like your smile'...
lol - that IS funny! ;-)
when i first saw this record i thought i wonder what this sounds like and when i did play it i could not belive my ears,made a few phone calls and no one seems to have a record player anymore just cd players i can't wait to find one so you can all listen to it
doing a search of the net to see if i can find it on there

Bob-Plant user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 155 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 08 Sep 06, 08:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I still have a turntable (I use it to convert my old albums to MP3's-it's wired up to my computer), if you want to send it me, I'll be happy to take it for a test run...however if it turns out to be worth millions you'll never see it again. D'oh! I shouldn't have said that outloud!


"The things you have to do for money..."
andy1962 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 502 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 08 Sep 06, 08:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Bob-Plant wrote:

I still have a turntable (I use it to convert my old albums to MP3's-it's wired up to my computer), if you want to send it me, I'll be happy to take it for a test run...however if it turns out to be worth millions you'll never see it again. D'oh! I shouldn't have said that outloud!
tell you what you send me your record deck and if that is worth millions i'll sell it.lol.but on a serious note i can't belive it have been searching the net for the mp3 track nothing - searching here for a record deck nothing.... i think i will put it on ebay ??????????????

Jjeroen user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4781 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 08 Sep 06, 08:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

andy1962 wrote:

Bob-Plant wrote:

I still have a turntable (I use it to convert my old albums to MP3's-it's wired up to my computer), if you want to send it me, I'll be happy to take it for a test run...however if it turns out to be worth millions you'll never see it again. D'oh! I shouldn't have said that outloud!
tell you what you send me your record deck and if that is worth millions i'll sell it.lol.but on a serious note i can't belive it have been searching the net for the mp3 track nothing - searching here for a record deck nothing.... i think i will put it on ebay ??????????????

No, don't put it on eBay - sell it to me and get a GOOD price! ;-)

andy1962 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 502 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 08 Sep 06, 08:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

think i'll start selling it on here...whats the opening bid....??????????????

YourValentine user not visiting Queenzone.com
registered July 27th 2001
YourValentine
Deity: 7611 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 08 Sep 06, 08:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Riku is right - it's another band and another song

http://eil.com/shop/moreinfo.asp?catalogid=210654


I do not want any google ads here.

andy1962 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 502 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 08 Sep 06, 08:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

YourValentine wrote:

Riku is right - it's another band and another song

http://eil.com/shop/moreinfo.asp?catalogid=210654
the lyrics are the same,the music is the same if you have a copy of the distilled album listen to it then tell me different

andy1962 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 502 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 08 Sep 06, 08:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

andy1962 wrote:

YourValentine wrote:

Riku is right - it's another band and another song

http://eil.com/shop/moreinfo.asp?catalogid=210654
the lyrics are the same,the music is the same if you have a copy of the distilled album listen to it then tell me different
it might be another band but it is the same song

riku_queencdr user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 168 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 08 Sep 06, 09:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

"Interestingly for such an obscure song, two other covers of “April Lady” exist, both issued in the States as late as 1981. One is by a group called Wax, who recorded for RCA, while the other, faster version by modern soul singer, James Perry, appears on a new compilation "Carnival Of Soul" (Kent CDKEND 124). Although, on the evidence of Perry's version, Stanley Lucas seems to have written two different songs with the same title. Another song with the same title was recorded by Southern Comfort. "

This is from:
http://forums.queenonline.com/viewtopic.php?t=29187

So at least the above suggest that this just has a same title.
I could be wrong, I don't have the 7" to listen but this is what was written on Queenonline about it...

andy1962 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 502 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 08 Sep 06, 09:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

riku_queencdr wrote:

"Interestingly for such an obscure song, two other covers of “April Lady” exist, both issued in the States as late as 1981. One is by a group called Wax, who recorded for RCA, while the other, faster version by modern soul singer, James Perry, appears on a new compilation "Carnival Of Soul" (Kent CDKEND 124). Although, on the evidence of Perry's version, Stanley Lucas seems to have written two different songs with the same title. Another song with the same title was recorded by Southern Comfort. "

This is from:
http://forums.queenonline.com/viewtopic.php?t=29187

So at least the above suggest that this just has a same title.
I could be wrong, I don't have the 7" to listen but this is what was written on Queenonline about it...
just read this,still tring to find record deck to copy and also searching my tape collection(400 +)so it could take a while but i'm post this track as soon as i can just to prove

Jjeroen user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4781 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 08 Sep 06, 09:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

andy1962 wrote:

andy1962 wrote:

YourValentine wrote:

Riku is right - it's another band and another song

http://eil.com/shop/moreinfo.asp?catalogid=210654
the lyrics are the same,the music is the same if you have a copy of the distilled album listen to it then tell me different
it might be another band but it is the same song

Well, I believed it was the same song all along.
But also understood you were saying that it is the SMILE-VERSION on the disc.

If it is not... Forget about selling it in here. :-)