Forums > Queen - General Discussion > Confusion on who sings this part?

forum rss feed
Author

queen mercury 33542 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 576 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 08 Sep 06, 17:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hello darlings. Just was listening to sail away sweet sister and wondered who sang the lines about hot child but you're young and all that? Was that Freddie or Brian?

NA
Poo, again user not visiting Queenzone.com
Poo, again
Deity: 4776 posts

Posted: 08 Sep 06, 18:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It was John.

[QUOTE][QUOTENAME]Jake? wrote: I want him to shove it down my throat and shoot. Shoot! Shoot! C'mon! SHOOT! SHOOT!

[/QUOTENAME]

[/QUOTE]

Daniel vZ user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 793 posts

Posted: 08 Sep 06, 18:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

or spike??

"If there's a God or any kind of justice under the sky

If there's a point, if there's a reason to live or die".

7 seas of Rhye user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1817 posts

Posted: 08 Sep 06, 18:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

it was me

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdoo21lvza8

^greatest video ever made

"If I get the answer wrong, you can kick me in the nuts" -Sean

I am the most obsessed Queen fan.
its_a_hard_life 26994 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 11046 posts

Posted: 08 Sep 06, 18:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It was Freddie. :)

magicalfreddiemercury user not visiting Queenzone.com
magicalfreddiemercury
Deity: 2693 posts

Posted: 08 Sep 06, 18:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<font color="#FF00FF">its_a_hard_life wrote:

It was Freddie. :)

Ditto.

"The others don't like my interviews. And frankly, I don't care much for theirs." ~ Freddie Mercury

Sebastian user not visiting Queenzone.com
Sebastian
Deity: 6328 posts

Posted: 08 Sep 06, 19:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Of course it was Freddie.

John hated HS. Fred's fave singer was not PR. Roger didn't compose 'Innuendo.' Witness testimonies are often inaccurate. Scotland's not in England. 'Bo Rhap' hasn't got 180 voices.

Posted: 08 Sep 06, 20:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thanks it's a hard life and magicguyfreddie mercury. Sorry if I spelled that name wrong. I was going to send you an email to thank you. If you'd like to email me sometime, it's jware82234@hotmail.com. After thinking about it, it does sound like Freddie's voice, but sometimes he and brian sound a lot alike.

NA
A Word In Your Ear user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1788 posts

Posted: 08 Sep 06, 21:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Queen Mercury wrote:

sometimes he and brian sound a lot alike.

Huh!!!! ????????????????????? since when?

Joyful the sound
Deacon Fan user not visiting Queenzone.com
on vacation
Deacon Fan
Royalty: 1757 posts

Posted: 08 Sep 06, 21:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

There's a song on Hot Space where some people insist Brian sings like one line of it instead of Freddie or the other way around. I can't seem to remember, or identify it just from a quick check of each song right now.

Does anyone remember what I'm talking about? LOL

Queen_Rox user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1572 posts

Posted: 09 Sep 06, 00:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

No-no-no-no-no-no! magicalfreddiemercury and its a hard life, you young ladies are incorrect. Queen Mercury, it was Brian who sang "Sail Away Sweet Sister," not Freddie. If you listen again, you'll notice that his singing voice isn't operatic like Freddie's was. Therefore, Brian's the one who sang it.

Gone. user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 7178 posts

Posted: 09 Sep 06, 00:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<font color="0066CC">Queen_Rox wrote:

No-no-no-no-no-no! magicalfreddiemercury and its a hard life, you young ladies are incorrect. Queen Mercury, it was Brian who sang "Sail Away Sweet Sister," not Freddie. If you listen again, you'll notice that his singing voice isn't operatic like Freddie's was. Therefore, Brian's the one who sang it.

Yes Queen_Rox...Brian sang the song. But remember in the middle there is like a part that goes "hot child don't you know you're young...you've got a whole life ahead of you....ahhhh you can throw it away too soon...way to soon..yeah"...lol...The person was referring to this part. I'm pretty sure that Freddie sang it. It sounded different than Brian's voice.

rocks. user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1808 posts

Posted: 09 Sep 06, 00:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<font color="FF66CC">ITiedYourMotherDown wrote:

Yes Queen_Rox...Brian sang the song. But remember in the middle there is like a part that goes "hot child don't you know you're young...you've got a whole life ahead of you....ahhhh you can throw it away too soon...way to soon..yeah"...lol...The person was referring to this part. I'm pretty sure that Freddie sang it. It sounded different than Brian's voice.

eyp, it was deffinitly freddie for sure and true, just listen closely.

Posted: 09 Sep 06, 00:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

WhatMustHeThink wrote:

ITiedYourMotherDown, if you meant the bridge, then you're correct. Whoops! I guess I forgot that Freddie sang it 'cause I just listened to it. Okay, I rest my case. Thanks, girls.

Ms. Bea Haven user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 326 posts

Posted: 09 Sep 06, 00:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Brian sang the 'hot child' verse, too. Freddie does not sing any lead on that song.

Posted: 09 Sep 06, 00:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

WhatMustHeThink wrote:

ITiedYourMotherDown, if you meant the bridge, then you're correct. Whoops! I guess I forgot that Freddie sang it 'cause I just listened to it. Okay, I rest my case. Thanks, girls.

:D!

Posted: 09 Sep 06, 00:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Miss Bea Haven wrote:

Brian sang the 'hot child' verse, too. Freddie does not sing any lead on that song.

I know Brian sang the verses and choruses, but Freddie sang the bridge, which is the middle eight of the song. So, please listen carefully and closely to the song and find out.

Posted: 09 Sep 06, 00:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

That does sound like Freddie on the hot child part now that I think of it. I'll have to listen again. Brian can hit some pretty high notes though. Have you heard love of my life in live at the brigston acadomy? That's a high note after I still love you.

NA

Posted: 09 Sep 06, 01:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Queen Mercury wrote:

That does sound like Freddie on the hot child part now that I think of it. I'll have to listen again. Brian can hit some pretty high notes though. Have you heard love of my life in live at the brigston acadomy? That's a high note after I still love you.

You are right...But isn't it pretty easy to distinguish Freddie's voice from Brian's? I mean, I replayed it...and I could have sworn the "hot child bridge" was Freddie!!!!!

beautifulsoup user not visiting Queenzone.com
beautifulsoup
Royalty: 1797 posts

Posted: 09 Sep 06, 01:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Edited:

Never mind, ha ha - (this poster says to herself).

:)

"You are only young once, but you can stay immature indefinitely." - Ogden Nash