Forums > Queen - General Discussion > Ever been SOOOO angry.....

forum rss feed
Author

flash! 28068 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2995 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 11 Sep 06, 13:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Basically, 'a friend of a friend' was talking to us and ended up telling jokes.
Things went ok until he suddenly said "Did you know that Freddie Mercury was born on his hands and knees... so people could recognise him!"
A few people may have laughed... then he said "... he was a poof, wasn't he? Takes it up the back alley.... likes to fill up donut holes"

At this point i just stared over and I WASN'T laughing! I felt like saying "SO WHAT?? YOU HOMOPHOBE!"

I know i shouldn't make a big deal over this... but when you hear some loser talk about a person you admire greatly, you can get very uptight.
Then i just thought that Freddie wouldn't care, so i took his advice and thought "Fuck it, darling!"

Has anyone ever been in this situation before? Where someone takes a stab at Queen or Freddie in such a way that it makes you want to speak up and ask them what their problem is?


"It’s not often we play in daylight, and I fucking well wish we did before, I can see you all now. And there are some beauties here tonight, I can tell you!" ;)
Micrówave user not visiting Queenzone.com
Delilah, on Medium Power
Micrówave
Deity: 7037 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 11 Sep 06, 13:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'd just give 'em a big wet sloppy kiss and tell him how macho he sounds when he says "Freddie Mercury"...

magicalfreddiemercury user not visiting Queenzone.com
magicalfreddiemercury
Deity: 2693 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 11 Sep 06, 13:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Mircrowave! wrote:

I'd just give 'em a big wet sloppy kiss and tell him how macho he sounds when he says "Freddie Mercury"...


OMG, Mircrowave, I LOVE that! :-D

Poor Flash, but you know what? I guess I've been fortunate. The most insulting comments about Freddie and Queen I've ever heard have been on this board - from vivali or whatever its name was, Mr. Snow and the like.

Whenever I'm listening to Queen or wearing my T-shirt I get nothing but positive comments about the band with more than a few people saying - without a prompt from me - 'that guy was a genius'.

So... I'd say you're hanging 'round the wrong people, mate. ;-)


"The others don't like my interviews. And frankly, I don't care much for theirs." ~ Freddie Mercury



flash! 28068 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2995 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 11 Sep 06, 14:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

magicalfreddiemercury wrote:

Mircrowave! wrote:

I'd just give 'em a big wet sloppy kiss and tell him how macho he sounds when he says "Freddie Mercury"...


OMG, Mircrowave, I LOVE that! :-D

Poor Flash, but you know what? I guess I've been fortunate. The most insulting comments about Freddie and Queen I've ever heard have been on this board - from vivali or whatever its name was, Mr. Snow and the like.

Whenever I'm listening to Queen or wearing my T-shirt I get nothing but positive comments about the band with more than a few people saying - without a prompt from me - 'that guy was a genius'.

So... I'd say you're hanging 'round the wrong people, mate. ;-)


LOL! Good idea, Mircrowave. They'd love that! Mwa ha ha!

Magical, darling, theres nothing wrong with my friends. As i said this guy was 'a friend of a friend' and i barely know the guy... THANKFULLY.
That sort of person obviously can't except people for who they are and lives a highly judgmental and prejudice life. It's a shame we have people like this in our world.


"It’s not often we play in daylight, and I fucking well wish we did before, I can see you all now. And there are some beauties here tonight, I can tell you!" ;)
magicalfreddiemercury user not visiting Queenzone.com
magicalfreddiemercury
Deity: 2693 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 11 Sep 06, 14:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<font color=red>Flash! wrote:


Magical, darling, theres nothing wrong with my friends.


I'm sorry, Flash. I didn't mean it like that. I was only playing.


"The others don't like my interviews. And frankly, I don't care much for theirs." ~ Freddie Mercury



flash! 28068 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2995 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 11 Sep 06, 16:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

magicalfreddiemercury wrote:

<font color=red>Flash! wrote:


Magical, darling, theres nothing wrong with my friends.


I'm sorry, Flash. I didn't mean it like that. I was only playing.


Thats ok, darling. :D No offence taken.


"It’s not often we play in daylight, and I fucking well wish we did before, I can see you all now. And there are some beauties here tonight, I can tell you!" ;)
Carol! the Musical user not visiting Queenzone.com
Carol! the Musical
Deity: 5934 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 11 Sep 06, 16:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<font color=red>Flash! wrote:

"Did you know that Freddie Mercury was born on his hands and knees... so people could recognise him!"

Hmmm... I'm not sure I quite undrestood that one. :P
But like magicalfreddiemercury, I only get positive reactions when people see my shirts and books. :-)


-Things Have Changed For Me-
rocks. user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1808 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 11 Sep 06, 19:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hmm, somebody reffered to him as the ugly guy with big chompers today, btu I was like

"70s freddie was hot, and once yu get used to them, his teeth are cute, and who the fuck calls them chompers???"

mmm, but I still like the girl, so its ok! :D

its_a_hard_life 26994 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 11046 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 11 Sep 06, 19:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<font color=336600>ChinesedogTorture wrote:

<font color=red>Flash! wrote:

"Did you know that Freddie Mercury was born on his hands and knees... so people could recognise him!"

Hmmm... I'm not sure I quite undrestood that one. :P
But like magicalfreddiemercury, I only get positive reactions when people see my shirts and books. :-)


Same, I RARELY have that problem you get Flashy! When people see my Queen stuff or t-shirts they think it's awesome. I get asked in the streets. I get people whispering "Omg that's Queen, remember them? WOW..."

All good man.

Queen_Rox user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1572 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 11 Sep 06, 19:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<font color=red>Flash! wrote:

Basically, 'a friend of a friend' was talking to us and ended up telling jokes.
Things went ok until he suddenly said "Did you know that Freddie Mercury was born on his hands and knees... so people could recognise him!"
A few people may have laughed... then he said "... he was a poof, wasn't he? Takes it up the back alley.... likes to fill up donut holes"

At this point i just stared over and I WASN'T laughing! I felt like saying "SO WHAT?? YOU HOMOPHOBE!"

I know i shouldn't make a big deal over this... but when you hear some loser talk about a person you admire greatly, you can get very uptight.
Then i just thought that Freddie wouldn't care, so i took his advice and thought "Fuck it, darling!"

Has anyone ever been in this situation before? Where someone takes a stab at Queen or Freddie in such a way that it makes you want to speak up and ask them what their problem is?


That's awesome that you took Freddie's advice to ignore those mean jokes. I hope they don't mean what they said when they maligned Freddie like that 'cause that's totally unacceptable and very disrespectful.

QUEENROCKS_1991 user not visiting Queenzone.com
QUEENROCKS_1991
Bohemian: 260 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 11 Sep 06, 20:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I get that too people say what band you like i say Queen they laugh at me i say nothing cos getting upset get u nowhere
bet you they like queen themself but putting up a front

I wore a queen top with awesome pictures i had people staring at me i thought oh no not more people getting rdy to take the piss but they didnt they said i love your top cool isnt it

never get upset cos your letting them win smile and walk away or make jokes back to them lol



THE SHOW MUST GO ON
queen mercury 33542 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 576 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 11 Sep 06, 22:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I hate when people make remarks like that. People always are telling jokes about Freddie and all that. Don't worry about them. It's their loss if they don't like Freddie. I also know how you feel though. I had requested a song on an internet radio station in memory of Freddie, who would have been sixty. Right? And this friend of the de jay calls up or whatever and says, Freddie Mercury is not 6p. He's dead. That offended me! I was so upset about that! I mean, people have memorial parties for Elvis Presley. What's so different about Freddie? Come on people!


NA
Tannya user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 55 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 12 Sep 06, 09:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Well, the country where I live doesn´t help so much...You know, here people are very conservative. They still censure gays, no matter they were genius, such as Freddie. So, unfortunatelly, the first thing they say when I mention QUEEN is "Oh yeah, the gay band", It´s a shame, and I hate to hear that kind of mean commentaries :o(
Thanks God, there are a few INTELLIGENT PEOPLE who really likes QUEEN and who likes their AMAZING MUSIC. We use to have a reunion every year!!! =o)


Surrender your ego be free be free...
you_rock_my_socks06 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 287 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 12 Sep 06, 13:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The other day I mentioned to my friend about Queen
Heard of them? lol
and she was like eww thats the gay group and I was like actually only one of them was and so what he still rocks
then i got into an arguement bout sticking up for gay people and now everyone thinks I'm a lesbian lol but its all good

Bohemian Rahpsody user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 105 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 13 Sep 06, 09:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sadly, I must say there hve been many occations where I have had to defend my love for both Freddie and Queen.

I am fourteen, living in Australia, over form England, I love LOTR, and most of all I love Freddie and Queen.

The amount of times I have people insult Queen, the smirks, the childish comments, the jokes that they make about A.I.D's (which REALLY gets on my nerves!!), and the fact that they can't understand how I listen to a band like Queen.

"There'ye old man, why don't you listen to some good music!"

"Oh, yes, ofcourse we know why you were late today, probably stuck in Freddie again"

All these comments are day to day things. There are some people though that do like some Queen songs. But I am yet to find in my area anyone that think's they are better than "alright" (other than my Mum, who introduced me to Queen through the 'A Kind of Magic albulm).

Ofcourse I have been able to convince my friends to listen to Queen (it's the onyl music other than Meat Loaf that I play). They have taken liking to Bohemian Rahpsody, although they say they only like the opera section.

I was so happy to find Queen Zone, I am constantly assured that there are millions out there that love Queen and perhaps a little more than I do.

Now I have remembered to do as Freddie would, just laugh, smile and say "Whatever my dears", but inside it really hurts. But, when I come home, I sing along to my albulm, and I just fall in love with Freddie all over again.



Freddies Lover
kagezan1313 user not visiting Queenzone.com
kagezan1313
Bohemian: 940 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 14 Sep 06, 14:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I just take the diplomatic approach when people slag Freddie: I punch them in the throat. That way, they shut up and I don't have to argue with them. Just stand back a bit when you do it - they tend to gurgle and spit blood everywhere before they lose consciousness.


Thank you, God bless you, sweet dreams you lot of tarts, Good-bye!
Queenluv4Life user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 216 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 12 Oct 06, 20:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

omg are you serious?! well when people talk bad about freddie or queen i just talk bad about the band they like.that way they know that they cant mess with me or with Queen

kagezan1313 user not visiting Queenzone.com
kagezan1313
Bohemian: 940 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 13 Oct 06, 13:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

No, not serious. No crushed larynxes so far. I once, as a solo singing assignment, got my entire high school acting class to help perform the stomping, clapping and choruses of WWRY on stage - we shook the whole section of the school and drew quite a bit of attention. Afterwards, some jack-ass who obviously took the course to get out of something harder said to me "Freddie Mercury was a flamer wasn't he?" (this was 1991, very soon after he'd died) I just said "Yeah, what's you point?" That pretty much shut him up - too few brain cells to come up with anything witty past that.

In an interesting study completed very recently, scientists at Harvard who hooked homophobic men up to erecto-meters and showed them gay porn found that the most homophobic men were, across the board, the most aroused by the porn. You might want to share this with the next young man who makes such a statement about Freddie.


Thank you, God bless you, sweet dreams you lot of tarts, Good-bye!
Freddies Delilah user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 420 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 14 Oct 06, 08:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Aw, shame, I really feel sorry for all you guys! I've hardly had any bad Queen experiences. I have Queen pins all over my backpack, which I take nearly everywhere with me, and I've never been teased or insulted for it.
And my friends have all been great about Queen... At least, all my real friends have! None of them like Queen as much as I do, but all of them put up with my *coughcough* MINOR obsession :-) Especially my best friend - she's always been great.
But one guy I know... he's forever insulting Queen. 'Gay' is his main insult. And the other day I said to him, after he had galled soemthing he didn't like 'gay', "You know, Freddie Mercury was gay and he was totally the height of cool."
So this jerk replies, "No, he wasn't" Then went on to insult Freddie for about five minutes straight. I was so mad at him!!

But you know what? You know what makes this all worth it? The fact that we're being loyal - the fact that we're not the ones going along with the crowd and liking whatever's 'in'. We're staying loyal to Queen and, quite frankly, that's all that matters. Who cares what those other losers think? We're the ones who should care about what we think - who cares about anyone else?
Love you, Brian, Freddie, Roger, and John!!!


Four old ladies, still rocking away :)
Sergei. user not visiting Queenzone.com
Impresario, still
Sergei.
Deity: 4682 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 14 Oct 06, 21:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Freddies Delilah wrote:

Aw, shame, I really feel sorry for all you guys! I've hardly had any bad Queen experiences. I have Queen pins all over my backpack, which I take nearly everywhere with me, and I've never been teased or insulted for it.
And my friends have all been great about Queen... At least, all my real friends have! None of them like Queen as much as I do, but all of them put up with my *coughcough* MINOR obsession :-) Especially my best friend - she's always been great.
But one guy I know... he's forever insulting Queen. 'Gay' is his main insult. And the other day I said to him, after he had galled soemthing he didn't like 'gay', "You know, Freddie Mercury was gay and he was totally the height of cool."
So this jerk replies, "No, he wasn't" Then went on to insult Freddie for about five minutes straight. I was so mad at him!!

But you know what? You know what makes this all worth it? The fact that we're being loyal - the fact that we're not the ones going along with the crowd and liking whatever's 'in'. We're staying loyal to Queen and, quite frankly, that's all that matters. Who cares what those other losers think? We're the ones who should care about what we think - who cares about anyone else?
Love you, Brian, Freddie, Roger, and John!!!

Hah, and then one day they think, "Hey! These guys are pretty damn good!" :D


Back whenever