Forums > Queen - General Discussion > Downloading Queen albums

forum rss feed
Author

queen mercury 33542 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 576 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 12 Sep 06, 22:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hey guys! I was trying to download Brian's album, another world, on a site when a friend told me there is a code with a picture. My screen reader doesn't read immages. Are there any other sites I can download from that are free? Not downloading programs, but sites that I can get Queen stuff from? I'm a collector. Lol!
Thanks.
Queen Mercury

NA
DeeEmm user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 166 posts

Posted: 13 Sep 06, 04:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Technically, downloading albums is illegal...

Queen rocks!
Crezchi user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 664 posts

Posted: 13 Sep 06, 05:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Queen Mercury wrote:

Hey guys! I was trying to download Brian's album, another world, on a site when a friend told me there is a code with a picture. My screen reader doesn't read immages. Are there any other sites I can download from that are free? Not downloading programs, but sites that I can get Queen stuff from? I'm a collector. Lol!
Thanks.
Queen Mercury

You are NOT a collector, you are a thief! Did you know that downloading official material, then admitting to it here, can get you into alot of trouble? lol Why not go out and buy this cd? It is probably only around $5 used and $12 new. I mean come on.

Hello you rock and rollers!
The Fairy King user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Fairy King
Deity: 8686 posts

Posted: 13 Sep 06, 06:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I collect mp3's too!!! OHMYGAWDROFLMAOLOLLERCOPER!!!!!1111

Killed by drones.
hcrvelin user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 251 posts

Posted: 13 Sep 06, 06:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hello Mr. collector,

All you need to do is to send your full name and address here and you will get whole album soon delivered to your inbox. It works! Just try!

H
Deacon Fan user not visiting Queenzone.com
on vacation
Deacon Fan
Royalty: 1757 posts

Posted: 13 Sep 06, 07:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yeah like anyone among us hasn't downloaded something prior to buying it. Clearly she made a little mistake in mentioning what she was trying to get, but since I'm familiar with her situation I'll explain the real point of this..

It's Rapidshare and other sites use of confirmation codes making it impossible for blind folks to download ANYTHING from there, regardless of officialness.

Like many of you I'm sure, this is something I'd never even thought about, but indeed the blind are able to use the internet and computers in general, yet there are obstacles such as this.. and it's not just for downloading.. many sites use the codes which show as images for even registering.

Of course, I offered to download this and send it to her (since I don't have it yet myself) but she apparently doesn't wish to share the address so she ends up posting this and getting bitched at.. hehe.

Haha Jackie, that's what you get for not sharing!

Only kidding darling. Smile.

Crezchi user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 664 posts

Posted: 13 Sep 06, 07:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Mikahl wrote:

Yeah like anyone among us hasn't downloaded something prior to buying it. Clearly she made a little mistake in mentioning what she was trying to get, but since I'm familiar with her situation I'll explain the real point of this..

It's Rapidshare and other sites use of confirmation codes making it impossible for blind folks to download ANYTHING from there, regardless of officialness.

Like many of you I'm sure, this is something I'd never even thought about, but indeed the blind are able to use the internet and computers in general, yet there are obstacles such as this.. and it's not just for downloading.. many sites use the codes which show as images for even registering.

Of course, I offered to download this and send it to her (since I don't have it yet myself) but she apparently doesn't wish to share the address so she ends up posting this and getting bitched at.. hehe.

Haha Jackie, that's what you get for not sharing!

Only kidding darling. Smile.

Sorry but my comments had nothing to do with her being blind at all, and no i have never downloaded official material in any format for free! I think that anyone who does this is a thief, that is just my opinion, and the laws opinion, and most musicians opinion.

Hello you rock and rollers!
SK user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 812 posts

Posted: 13 Sep 06, 08:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Who cares? Let her download what she wants. mp3s are lossy anyways. Hell, Compact Discs in general sound horrible :p

on vacation
Deacon Fan

Posted: 13 Sep 06, 08:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I buy a lot of good Queen stuff after downloading it first. Nothing beats a full-length test drive. It's kind of like hearing something on the radio before buying it, or watching the video. MP3s make excellent promotional tools.

If not for the MP3 of last year's Teo Torriatte remix, released only in Japan, I might not have bothered purchasing it. But hearing what a beautiful job they did I rushed right to hmv.co.jp and ordered a WWRY single which had it.

I've spent $1910.28 on Queen-related releases since 2002. I've also sent tons of official material to friends in MP3 form, who then started buying the CDs. A true fan will indeed want to have the real thing in the best quality. I sure do.

And when I see the lengths "they" will go to in order to make life hell for people who actually buy stuff.. copy protection that renders discs unplayable, unusable on portable devices.. DVD copy protection that results in errors on some players.. PURCHASED low-quality downloads that require complicated license acquisition, damn right I'm going to rebel against such nonsense. Illegal? Yeah.. being gay is/was illegal in many places too. Legalities don't necessarily equate to fairness or what's truly right.

Joeker user not visiting Queenzone.com
Joeker
Bohemian: 753 posts

Posted: 13 Sep 06, 11:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

who cares...i download all the time, im not a collecter i just like the tunes

Roger: Can I go To Lunch Now?

Brian: No, You Can't...

---------------------------------------

Freddie: Oh Shit, All this crap again?!

"If I had to do it all over again, yes why not? why not
Poo, again user not visiting Queenzone.com
Poo, again
Deity: 4776 posts

Posted: 13 Sep 06, 11:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

DeeEmm wrote:

Technically, downloading albums is illegal...

Too bad, isn't it?

[QUOTE][QUOTENAME]Jake? wrote: I want him to shove it down my throat and shoot. Shoot! Shoot! C'mon! SHOOT! SHOOT!

[/QUOTENAME]

[/QUOTE]

Micrówave user not visiting Queenzone.com
Delilah, on Medium Power
Micrówave
Deity: 7037 posts

Posted: 13 Sep 06, 11:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Mikahl wrote:

Yeah like anyone among us hasn't downloaded something prior to buying it.

I have never downloaded anything prior to buying it.

All my Queen CDs/LPs/CSs/8T/DVD/VHS are official releases. I sure wish I had some of the stuff you guys have, but that defeats the purpose of supporting the band you love.

Serry... user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 8271 posts

Posted: 13 Sep 06, 11:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thieves

on vacation
Deacon Fan

Posted: 13 Sep 06, 11:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Serry... wrote:

Thieves

Queen Productions? Yes. The recording industry? Yes. Some artists themselves? Yes. The people who buy a ton of their product yet download stuff free to try it out? No.

Posted: 13 Sep 06, 12:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Mikahl don't start useless discussion for the God's sake! When someone will be daily "download" your money from your purse - we'd back to this thread and then discuss, okay?

martinusx user not visiting Queenzone.com

Posted: 13 Sep 06, 12:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Downloading is not illegal here in Holland, so you can't just say that people are thieves!

Besides, downloading isn't thieving at all. When downloading the owner does not loose the item, it's still in his posession. When I'm not going to buy the music, they don't get my money anyway. Like I have the album, CD and DVD of "A Night at the Opera", I sure ain't buying the remastered 30th ann. edition also. I have a 1000 CD's and 250 DVD's, I only buy what I realy want, I download the rest. They got enough money from me! Copyright Infringement is the term, I believe.

And I realy hate the fact that most albums I bought on CD have crapy sound and are replaced by better sounding remastered editions.

on vacation
Deacon Fan

Posted: 13 Sep 06, 13:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'm sorry I honestly don't understand what you're trying to say Serry, but the discussion of downloading official materials is indeed useless. It's like politics, abortion, circumcision. These discussions get nowhere.

Smart artists allow for free trading of their stuff once a copy has been purchased. There's a big difference between free and for profit.

The world went on for years with people putting a copy of an album on a cassette for their friends, making "mix tapes" for their girlfriends, loaning albums to each other, listening to the radio, watching music videos.. all of these could just as easily be said to diminish sales.

But I'll shut up about that whole subject. I've said what I feel though there's so much more that could be said. It'll have to be argued in court instead. I just hope I get my chance someday. I'll bring my receipts. :)

Posted: 13 Sep 06, 13:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sometimes I think that communism is still alive... "They're rich! Lost of 5$ won't make them poor guys! Who cares?!"... I've already heard it somewhere... In Soviet Union...

"The recording and artwork are protected by copyright laws. Using Internet services to distribute copyrighted music, giving away illegal copies of discs or lending discs to others for them to copy is illegal. By carrying out any of these actions it has the same effect as stealing music. Applicable laws provide severe civil and criminal penalties for the unathorized reproduction, distribution and digital transmission of copyrighted sound recordings."

P.S. Dura lex sed lex

Rick user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4796 posts

Posted: 13 Sep 06, 13:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It's a shame that a Queen fan downloads Queen or Queen-related albums, which are released officially. For a try-out? Ah, c'mon.

John: "It's the one thing I wish I could do - sing."

queen mercury 33542 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 576 posts

Posted: 13 Sep 06, 13:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I don't download many things at all. I was just wondering what people thought about that site. It would be hard for a blind person to use the computer and find out that a code is a picture. I'm not trying to steal even if I downloaded something.
Sorry for hating me!

NA