Forums > Queen - General Discussion > question. what do you think of the new Freddie Mercury DVD

forum rss feed
Author

Vantrini user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 31 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 14 Sep 06, 09:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

i think that this DVD is fantastic, it doesn't spend too long talking about his sexuality, the songs are fantastic and the interviews are aswell.

Please reply to this

Johnny Vantrini

you can be anything you want to be just turn yourself inot something you think that you can be, be the great pretender with your tempo
Bohemian Rahpsody user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 105 posts

Posted: 14 Sep 06, 09:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Haven't seen it yet, but I wanted to ask, do you know if it will come out in Australia,

B.R

Freddies Lover
Mayboy user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 6181 posts

Posted: 14 Sep 06, 09:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The final interview with him leaning up against the juke box was nice to see.

:-)

"I'm going up Buchanan Street

With a box of fireworks

And two bottles of

Tizer"

Bono Mercury user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 134 posts

Posted: 14 Sep 06, 13:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The sadest part of the dvd was when they were showing the documentery about the statue in Montreux and when it was unvailed it was a sad sight to see Montserrat Cabelle and his parents crying i also shed a tear or two myself that to me was very touching but overall it is a very good dvd and money well spent.

Not today tommorrow.
Freddie Mercury 1985.

And All I Can Do Is Surrender.
Deacon Fan user not visiting Queenzone.com
on vacation
Deacon Fan
Royalty: 1757 posts

Posted: 14 Sep 06, 14:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Bohemian Rahpsody wrote:

Haven't seen it yet, but I wanted to ask, do you know if it will come out in Australia,

B.R

It should be available there. It's listed at places like:

http://www.ezydvd.com.au/item.zml/789494

(though currently out of stock)

I have a little page I'm compiling with details and thoughts about it:
http://members.cox.net/queenspace/lolsos.htm
There's a link to menu screen caps at the bottom :)

I love it for the most part...

KingMercury user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 345 posts

Posted: 14 Sep 06, 21:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

i agree with paul o brien, about that sad moment of the dvd
but for all the people who have the freddie mercury solo collection it`s more of the same thing
the only thing that the FMSC doesnt feature is the statue documentary and the last interview, wich is quite interesting
but, regardless that fact, it`s a good dvd

"I`m Just A Singer With A Song...How Can I Try to Right The Wrong"
on vacation
Deacon Fan

Posted: 14 Sep 06, 21:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It's supposed to come out next month in the U.S. (both the CD and DVD) according to the Freddie site www.loveroflifesingerofsongs.com and it was mentioned at Brian's site too, but no exact date yet.

beautifulsoup user not visiting Queenzone.com
beautifulsoup
Royalty: 1797 posts

Posted: 14 Sep 06, 23:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Mikahl wrote:

It's supposed to come out next month in the U.S. (both the CD and DVD) according to the Freddie site www.loveroflifesingerofsongs.com and it was mentioned at Brian's site too, but no exact date yet.

God, I hope so...

"You are only young once, but you can stay immature indefinitely." - Ogden Nash
magicalfreddiemercury user not visiting Queenzone.com
magicalfreddiemercury
Deity: 2693 posts

Posted: 15 Sep 06, 14:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

According to Amazon.com, the DVDs are $53.00. Did you all pay that much or did you get it somewhere less expensive? And they don't list the book. :-(

"The others don't like my interviews. And frankly, I don't care much for theirs." ~ Freddie Mercury

on vacation
Deacon Fan

Posted: 15 Sep 06, 15:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Lordy, please no.. don't use Amazon.com for imports. As I said in another recent topic about the CD.

You can import directly from www.amazon.co.uk for much less. I got the DVD delivered for $28.41 from there. (and the book for 27.06)

But you gotta make sure you can play a PAL format DVD. Your player has to have a converter, or you can play it on the computer with no problems. If you want to make sure there's no problem, wait for the U.S. version to come out :)

magicalfreddiemercury user not visiting Queenzone.com
magicalfreddiemercury
Deity: 2693 posts

Posted: 16 Sep 06, 13:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Mikahl wrote:

Lordy, please no.. don't use Amazon.com for imports. As I said in another recent topic about the CD.

You can import directly from www.amazon.co.uk for much less. I got the DVD delivered for $28.41 from there. (and the book for 27.06)

But you gotta make sure you can play a PAL format DVD. Your player has to have a converter, or you can play it on the computer with no problems. If you want to make sure there's no problem, wait for the U.S. version to come out :)

I suppose I will have to wait for the US version - for two reasons.
1. When I tried to place my order through Amazon.co.uk, an error popped up saying they couldn't deliver to my address. :(
and
2. I can't play PAL. I had that problem with 2 VHS tapes I ordered through ebay that didn't specify the format as PAL. I had to pay someone to copy them onto NTSC tapes. Wasn't fun. I didn't realize DVD's had the same NTSC/PAL issue. Now I know.

"The others don't like my interviews. And frankly, I don't care much for theirs." ~ Freddie Mercury