Forums > Queen - General Discussion > Brian on Idolator

forum rss feed
Author

Boy Thomas Raker user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 969 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 15 Sep 06, 09:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

New music blog site Idolator posted the following on Brian and his My space rant, funny about perceptions outside of the Queen world.

May's rage seems a little over the top; after all, his imitators aren't particularly convincing (nobody would believe that this chucklehead is the guy who wrote "Dragon Attack"). But judging by his website's oft-updated "Soapbox" section, May has an opinion on just about everything, from amateur astronomy to fake Freddie Mercury autographs on eBay to saving the British hedgehogs; in other words, he seems like the typically nerdy MySpacer. And he could totally use it to get his band discovered!

You know, good times are now.
rocks. user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1808 posts

Posted: 15 Sep 06, 16:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Richard Orchard wrote:

Great, great musician / songwriter though. Which is why i kind of skip his rants.

:O Why! They're so entertaining!! He does have a point about the animals, but he's just SOOOOO opinionated! :P

Rikke user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 214 posts

Posted: 15 Sep 06, 16:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

How dare ANYONE to call Brian a chucklehead?!

Now, he's a great debater, and every word is from his own mind. I absolutely love his soapbox, and read it as often af possible.

Use it to get his band discovered? I just don't get that! He can't possibly get Queen more discovered - everyone knows the band, and I cannot believe that Brian would sink that deep. He wouldn't.

I may have misunderstood something in the text, but english isn't my native language xD

Nerdy MySpacer - tut!

I'm going slightly mad

Posted: 15 Sep 06, 16:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Rikke wrote:

Use it to get his band discovered? I just don't get that! He can't possibly get Queen more discovered - everyone knows the band, and I cannot believe that Brian would sink that deep. He wouldn't.

Hun, he was being sarcastic.

Brian IS very very very opinionated, and people have eh, different opinions about it. I think its great, but it gets wearing, but still a great read, its weird.

Posted: 15 Sep 06, 17:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Brian wasnt saying dont remove the hedgehogs, he was just saying move them. He didnt say anything opposed to moving them just killing them.

Posted: 15 Sep 06, 17:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<font color="queenie">macbethscrazywife wrote:

but what about the swans? the people advocating for them certainly don't want them relocated, they don't want anything to change at all. and yet he portrays them as the good, decent people who are fighting the evil, bad scientists. there's such a thing as a middle position.
obviously, if relocation is a viable option and the government STILL favors shooting them, then they're just lazy and obviously wrong.

About swans, well, I read the thing, and I dont see why the mute swans need to be killed, if they dont get along, let them fight it out on their own :D :P its sort of stupid all this killing...

*edit* I really want to e-mail Brian and ask him what his suggestion for a solution would be, just let them all live?? I would think that would be his response. Im not going to bother with it though, Im sure thats what he's thinking anyway.

Posted: 15 Sep 06, 18:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Fine, doing nothing is just not an option, but with the swans, I think we cold let it be. Maybe not with that guam situation, but the swans...

Posted: 15 Sep 06, 20:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

perhaps-i don't know the details about the respective swan populations that well. it seems to me, though, that there ought to be plenty of zoos out there who would take in 40 or so swans...

Seriously, why do people feel the need to slaughter other things...

Posted: 15 Sep 06, 20:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

well...our natural diet includes meat. it says something that some people have the will power to suppress that side of their natures. i rather doubt that all of the swans' defenders are vegetarians, though. i could be wrong.

i meant uneccesarily. If we eat it whatever, i eat meat, i wont argue that, but if we have no use of them, whats the point, its wasting th swans, and everybodys time and money, and im sure zoos would love to have swans. or give them to some conservation, theyd take them, but whats the point of shooting them, nothing.

Posted: 15 Sep 06, 21:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

^this is true. i don't understand trophy hunting either.

me either, its so STUPID!