Forums > Queen - Serious Discussion > Flash Gordon cd

forum rss feed
Author

carboengine user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1283 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 18 Sep 06, 03:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I've been thinking about buying the Flash Gordon cd. Amazon.com lists the names of the songs with a short listening choice for each. I didn't know The Hero was done for that movie. Does anyone know how many songs and which ones does Freddie actually sing on the cd. I know I've heard The Hero on concert dvds, but I can't remember what year and which tour(s).

Yes, it was a worthwhile experience.
Voice of Reason 2014 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1059 posts

Posted: 20 Sep 06, 12:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

You've basically got two songs with vocals, (Flash and The Hero) and the rest are instrumentals. It's a soundtrack to the movie hence all the instrumentals.

Yes, The Hero is the 1982 tour which is 'On Fire at The Bowl'. Storming opener!

"Build your muscles as your body decays!"
carboengine user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1283 posts

Posted: 20 Sep 06, 13:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thanks and therefore I won't be buying the cd. Gosh, I have Live at the Bowl and have played it a million times. I know they start out with Flash.... I just looked at the sleeve, and I see The Hero follows Flash. I guess I thought it was one song - Flash.

Yes, it was a worthwhile experience.
Deacon Fan user not visiting Queenzone.com
on vacation
Deacon Fan
Royalty: 1757 posts

Posted: 20 Sep 06, 13:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

"The Kiss" also has some lovely vocals, just "ooh"s though.

I edited together a 'Flash Suite' once of all the reprises of Flash on the album and I think it was at least 12 minutes (out of the 35 minute album). And the music of 'The Hero' is also present in other places.

And there's a lot of dialogue from the film. It certainly doesn't hold up as a proper studio album, but there's some good stuff on there.. 'Football Fight' is a catchy theme and there's Brian's kick-ass arrangement of the traditional Wedding March ;)