Forums > Queen - Serious Discussion > Brian's Soapbox

forum rss feed
Author

Benn user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1332 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 18 Sep 06, 11:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

For example, Brian's recent rant against Apple:

>But the thing missing from all those >interchanges - is any proper reaction from >Apple themselves .... they seem to keep >themselves very aloof .... and apparently >uncaring ...
>
>I know it's a big company ... but in a sense, >so is Queen ... I suppose we could also lock >ourselves away and give no response to people's >queries ... but it would not feel right.

What on earth is he talking about?

Is he implying that Queen, as an organisationare NOT aloof and NOT uncaring? Is he saying that there is adequate scope for Queen fans to complain AND BE HEARD? Is he also saying that Queen are accessible to their fans?

If he is, I'd like him to show me where and who we can complain to and, also, any evidence of where a complaint has been received and actioned.

And then he goes on to say:

>.. and, in updating, not losing any quality >which people have come to rely on ... and, if >we did, acknowledging the fact, and letting the >consumer know that we were working on it ...

.....as if Queen are informing their fans as to the progress of the next live DVD set and, god forbid, the progress of the archive box set(s). Christ, they even have their own archivist, who is "relatively" close to the fan base himself who can't / won't inform.

Brian really has no idea how it feels to be a 30 year-long Queen fan in the real world, when the best they can offer is a re-mix of a re-issue of a re-master........

Sigh......

Benn
max_fast user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 88 posts

Posted: 18 Sep 06, 11:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

If you'd read a little more in the soapbox, you'd find out that he is unhappy with his new laptop from Apple. And he is describing all the problems he has with it.

Benn user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1332 posts

Posted: 18 Sep 06, 12:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

That is not the point I'm making, if you read my post properly. BRIAN is saying that HE believes that Queen (as an organisation) respond and are open to customer complaints and that the organisation would keep their customers informed.

We all know he's pissed off about his Apple, but then most long term fans are pissed off about the fact that Queen just don't appear to appease them........

Benn
Mr.Jingles user not visiting Queenzone.com
Mr.Jingles
Deity: 10532 posts

Posted: 18 Sep 06, 12:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Soon we'll see the entire Queen catalog pulled off from Itunes :-)

[QUOTE][QUOTENAME]Brandon wrote: [/QUOTENAME]... and now the "best you can offer is Mr. Jingles? HA! He's... just pathetic.[/QUOTE]
Sebastian user not visiting Queenzone.com
Sebastian
Deity: 6327 posts

Posted: 18 Sep 06, 12:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

- Brian's a whiney old man
- Brian's so blind about QP mediocrity
- Queen's Archivist is idiot

If those were your points, I agree.

John hated HS. Fred's fave singer was not PR. Roger didn't compose 'Innuendo.' Witness testimonies are often inaccurate. Scotland's not in England. 'Bo Rhap' hasn't got 180 voices.
Legy user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 433 posts

Posted: 18 Sep 06, 14:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Mr.Jingles wrote:

Soon we'll see the entire Queen catalog pulled off from Itunes :-)

I doubt that, all musicians like money. LOL!

Micrówave user not visiting Queenzone.com
Delilah, on Medium Power
Micrówave
Deity: 7037 posts

Posted: 18 Sep 06, 14:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sebastian wrote:

- Brian's a whiney old man.

Yeah, I sometimes think "Soap Box" is the wrong name for his forum but "Tampax dispenser" is already copywritten.

rocks. user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1808 posts

Posted: 18 Sep 06, 21:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

[quote]and, in updating, not losing any quality which people have come to rely on ... and, if we did, acknowledging the fact, and letting the consumer know that we were working on it ...[/quote]

*sigh* so if updating is = to releasing things, then is releasing a CD full of remixes and such not losing wuality people have come to relay on?

But he says he had nothing to do with that..but he also says he was there while they were mixing it. *gah*

SK user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 812 posts

Posted: 18 Sep 06, 22:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sebastian wrote:

- Brian's a whiney old man
- Brian's so blind about QP mediocrity
- Queen's Archivist is idiot

If those were your points, I agree.

LMAO the first two points are true, I don't really know the Archivist so I can't comment on that..But yes, Brian May is blind by his own personal feelings. Grow up Brian May.

Adolfo and the spiders from Mercury user not visiting Queenzone.com
Adolfo and the spiders from Mercury
Royalty: 1054 posts

Posted: 18 Sep 06, 23:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

what are brian thoughts about the Queen Archivist?

:)
Justice user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 46 posts

Posted: 19 Sep 06, 05:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Benn wrote:

For example, Brian's recent rant against Apple:

Your inability to comprehend basic english is astounding. You should submit yourself to some scientists for study.

bobo the chimp user not visiting Queenzone.com
bobo the chimp
Deity: 12703 posts

Posted: 21 Sep 06, 11:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I've lost a little of my hero worship for Brian, simply because he hasn't shown any interest in how the Queen Archivist talks to the fans. I mean hell, he either likes it or doesn't like it - but he says nothing about it? At the very least, Brian ought to go 'Sucked in Queenies, GB has a tough job - deal with it!'. We don't even get that much?

Aside from that, I still think he's a genius in many many ways. People read too much into his 'soapbox' which is just that.... ya know, a place to vent? Fucking hell!

STAAAH FLEET.

"Your not funny, your not a good musician, theres a difference between being funny and being an idiot, you obviously being the latter" - Dave R Fuller
Togg user not visiting Queenzone.com
Togg
Deity: 2393 posts

Posted: 21 Sep 06, 12:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Adolfo wrote:

Good question, one that we'd all like the answer too.

"It is better to sit in silence and have people think you're a fool, then to open your mouth and remove all doubt"
gnomo user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 743 posts

Posted: 21 Sep 06, 13:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<font color=red>The Audacity of Charles wrote:

but he can really come off as childish from time to time.
... he IS childish from time to time, which at his age can be either adorable or irritating, depending on the circumstances ...

--

Gnomo

(... any way the wind blows ...)
Adam Baboolal user not visiting Queenzone.com
Adam Baboolal
Deity: 4986 posts

Posted: 21 Sep 06, 14:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Another chance for the unhappy QZ'ers to vent on Brian and QP... hoo-ray.

Adam.

Arnaldo "Ogre-" Silveira user not visiting Queenzone.com
Arnaldo
Deity: 2258 posts

Posted: 21 Sep 06, 15:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Adolfo wrote:

That's a classified file. :)

Keep Passing the Open Windows
rocks. user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1808 posts

Posted: 21 Sep 06, 16:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Arnaldo "Ogre-" Silveira wrote:

Adolfo wrote:

That's a classified file. :)

Hahahahahahahahahaha!

The Fairy King user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Fairy King
Deity: 8686 posts

Posted: 22 Sep 06, 03:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

young_strat_man wrote:

I think that Bri is NOT acting like an old man, i think he is acting like any other human that writes their feelings on the internet. Yes the Archivist is stupid. lol But anyways i would rather hear Bri rant about Apple more than i would want to hear half of the stupid posts here on QZ.

Though you're still here?

Killed by drones.
Justice user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 46 posts

Posted: 22 Sep 06, 05:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Holy Jebus you people crack me up sometimes.

- Greg Brooks is remarkably civil given the shit he has to put up with on this forum which continually breaks new ground in displays of stunning, stomach churning arrogance and outright idiocy. He has demonstrated clearly time and time again how people seem hell bent on villanising him by conveniently leaving out important facts or otherwise manipulating things. I have never seen Greg react unreasonably; every time he's flown off the handle the jackass on the receiving end was down on his knees begging for it :D

- It's Brian's site. He can say whatever the fuck he wants. You don't like what he's writing, there is a very simple solution - STOP FUCKING READING. Do you go around blog sites, telling people what they can and cannot express their feelings on? Brian is a person, just like you and I, with feelings and fears just like us, and has just as much right to talk about them. If it doesn't conform to your definition of acceptable behaviour for a "star" or you don't like it then, well, tough shit.

Christ I hope I'm never stuck next to some of you guys on a plane while you bitch and moan about all the irrelevant bullshit that gets your panties in a bunch. I'd be jumping out without a parachute before the halfway mark :)

Adam Baboolal user not visiting Queenzone.com
Adam Baboolal
Deity: 4986 posts

Posted: 22 Sep 06, 07:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hey... you're right. I forgot that thread where Greg was actually being very laid back and actually explaining how he wasn't to blame for these stories that go around about him. It was a real eye-opener. Especially when the people who had said those things then recalled the situation and reiterated what Greg had said.

Adam.