Forums > Queen - General Discussion > Miracle sessions

forum rss feed
Author

una999 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 598 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 20 Sep 06, 10:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Just listening there to that medley of 5 songs.

Some fantastic stuff there that should have made it on the album

Makes u think of all the magic songs freddie would have done if he were alive - instead we're left with plonkers like McFly etc...

Queen really knew how to play even comparing them to other bands of today - certainly a band way ahead of their time. Fuck the beatles queen were better!!!(but whats the point even arguing that!)

7 seas of Rhye user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1817 posts

Posted: 20 Sep 06, 21:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yay! Finally someone else agrees that Queen is better than The Beatles!!!!!! Where have you been all my life?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdoo21lvza8

^greatest video ever made

"If I get the answer wrong, you can kick me in the nuts" -Sean

I am the most obsessed Queen fan.
SK user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 812 posts

Posted: 20 Sep 06, 21:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

una999 wrote:

Makes u think of all the magic songs freddie would have done if he were alive - instead we're left with plonkers like McFly etc...

Queen really knew how to play even comparing them to other bands of today - certainly a band way ahead of their time. Fuck the beatles queen were better!!!(but whats the point even arguing that!)

I know you are passionate about Queen, but they dont even come close to The Beatles, they don't even come close to WINGS or any of the solo Beatles. There is no point in saying any more, those who know that Beatles are superior to Queen in every sense already know, those who don't will never quite "get" The Beatles. Cheers.

rocks. user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1808 posts

Posted: 20 Sep 06, 21:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SK wrote:

una999 wrote:

I know you are passionate about Queen, but they dont even come close to The Beatles, they don't even come close to WINGS or any of the solo Beatles. There is no point in saying any more, those who know that Beatles are superior to Queen in every sense already know, those who don't will never quite "get" The Beatles. Cheers.

Differance in opinion love, dont worry about it.

My mom likes them better than beatles too. I prefer them, but I wont say either is "better" than the other.

I think what you like is what the beatles represent....but remember, thats just MY opinion, dont take it personally.

Posted: 20 Sep 06, 21:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

WhatMustHeThink wrote:

SK wrote:

una999 wrote:

Differance in opinion love, dont worry about it.

My mom likes them better than beatles too. I prefer them, but I wont say either is "better" than the other.

I think what you like is what the beatles represent....but remember, thats just MY opinion, dont take it personally.

Hey glad to see you around! Funny how we usually dont end up posting in the same topics :D. Yes, I suppose I grew up with the Beatles(and Queen too mind you) and their message of love and to be yourself,free,classless,artistic, that stuck with me all these years. It wasn't that I was doubting his own opinion, he was stating it like a fact sadly, which is what made me say what I had to say. Beatles are amazing, Queen is cool too. Thats all that matters :) by the way I saw the Game at Dejavu, do you have that one already?

rocks. user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1808 posts

Posted: 20 Sep 06, 22:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

*drools* Nope!!!

Glad to see you too hun!

Mm, i had to get them to extend their hold on GVH2 and hotspace, havent been able to get down there! *gah*

Well, glad you see my point love, and I like posting with you! :D

Posted: 20 Sep 06, 22:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

WhatMustHeThink wrote:

*drools* Nope!!!

Glad to see you too hun!

Mm, i had to get them to extend their hold on GVH2 and hotspace, havent been able to get down there! *gah*

Well, glad you see my point love, and I like posting with you! :D

:) Bless your heart

Marcelo_argentina user not visiting Queenzone.com
Marcelo_argentina
Bohemian: 219 posts

Posted: 20 Sep 06, 23:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Queen can´t be compared to Beatles at all. I find this discussion stupid. As stupid as saying in a "Queen page" that any ohter band is better than Queen...you prefer Beatles? Great..but don´t expect silence if you say what you "had" to say...
Thanks SK!
Queen.

Panchgani user not visiting Queenzone.com
St Peter's Burnt Piano
Panchgani
Deity: 6373 posts

Posted: 20 Sep 06, 23:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Ringo is better than Queen and he is a better drummer. LOL

Roger: I like it. If you don't. Sod you!

Queen song poll: http://home.comcast.net/~vantricers/index.html

B-52's: I, I, I'm lookin for some fun - waitin for the REAL Queen Box Sets to come
M a t i a s M a y user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1932 posts

Posted: 21 Sep 06, 03:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SK wrote:

una999 wrote:

WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU KNOW ABOUT MUSIC, LITTLE MAN?!?!?!

SHUT THE FUCK UP!!!!

And then...

capo Queen
capo The Beatles

do ya get me? ;)

...End of the Beginning...

My Mystical Flog ---> http://www.fotolog.com/woodywoodbecker

A Clockwork World, my blog ---> http://aclockworkworld.blogspot.com
FriedChicken user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 10641 posts

Posted: 21 Sep 06, 04:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

My guess is that he knows more about music than you do.

The Beatles ARE more superior.

I like Queen more, but The Beatles where so much ahead of their time.

"On the first day Pim & Niek created a heavenly occupation. Pim & Niek blessed it and named it 'Loosch'."

(Genesis 1:1)
Togg user not visiting Queenzone.com
Togg
Deity: 2393 posts

Posted: 21 Sep 06, 04:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

As Brian said, The Beatles were our guide, we had better technology, but we used the benefit of their experience.

"It is better to sit in silence and have people think you're a fool, then to open your mouth and remove all doubt"

Posted: 21 Sep 06, 06:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

FriedChicken<br><font size=1>The Almighty</font> wrote:

Thank you.

una999 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 598 posts

Posted: 21 Sep 06, 09:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Personally i dont mind who's better - it doesnt matter!

When i listen to music i listen to the music - not the words (initially). That's why i think queen are better - sounds bigger and better - and freddies voice was so unique that its so refreshing to hear it, compared to someone like paul mccartney who isnt as technically able (dont have to be technically great to be a great singer!!).just nice to hear such a powerful voice in freddie

I listen to the words second, and as long as the lyrics aren't childish or stupid i dont mind.

If i was locked in a room for a week i'd pick queen due to the diversity. Beatles are prob better or maybe it's just becasue people keep saying they are - they're always there like the ten commandments!!

The Fairy King user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Fairy King
Deity: 8686 posts

Posted: 21 Sep 06, 10:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

una999 wrote:

When i listen to music i listen to the music - not the words (initially). That's why i think queen are better - sounds bigger and better - and freddies voice was so unique that its so refreshing to hear it, compared to someone like paul mccartney who isnt as technically able (dont have to be technically great to be a great singer!!).just nice to hear such a powerful voice in freddie

I listen to the words second, and as long as the lyrics aren't childish or stupid i dont mind.

If i was locked in a room for a week i'd pick queen due to the diversity. Beatles are prob better or maybe it's just becasue people keep saying they are - they're always there like the ten commandments!!

That still doesn't mean they are better
though. ;) They have some great tunes, but they are a bit overrated in the sense that everybody keep saying they're the greatest etc.

Killed by drones.
Adam Baboolal user not visiting Queenzone.com
Adam Baboolal
Deity: 4986 posts

Posted: 21 Sep 06, 10:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<b><font color="#FF1493">The Fairy King wrote:

una999 wrote:

That still doesn't mean they are better
though. ;) They have some great tunes, but they are a bit overrated in the sense that everybody keep saying they're the greatest etc.

They belong to a different time and to those that experienced them and what came after, they could just be...

Adam.

Posted: 21 Sep 06, 12:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

FriedChicken<br><font size=1>The Almighty</font> wrote:

How can he know more about music than me?

I am a musician myself, I study music and I've been studying music for YEARS, I play more than 5 instruments, and I write songs that could only be performed by an orchestra (some of them have more than 20 instruments).

He claims to know because he has some records and listens to them, and then he thinks he knows about music...

I repeat

How can he know more about music than me?

Gone. user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 7178 posts

Posted: 21 Sep 06, 13:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

OMG! Just stop with the argument dammit! Both of you know a LOT about music! There we go...Peace is restored. Hopefully. ~>:-O. What would your mothers say, dammit? Shame on you. :-/

lol

Posted: 21 Sep 06, 13:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<font color="#FF7F5">GetDown!<h6>Make <3 wrote:

OMG! Just stop with the argument dammit! Both of you know a LOT about music! There we go...Peace is restored. Hopefully. ~>:-O. What would your mothers say, dammit? Shame on you. :-/

lol
HE KNOWS SHIT ABOUT MUSIC!!!

HE DOESN'T EVEN FUCKING KNOW WHAT MUSIC IS!!

Gone. user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 7178 posts

Posted: 21 Sep 06, 13:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

How on Earth is it possible to compare the two most greatest bands in Rock history? It's impossible. Seriously, Beatles were better in their "special genre" and Queen was better at theirs. They are two different bands. No way a person can compare them. NO WAY!
I like Queen and the Beatles equally. :)

P-p-p-e-a-c-e :)