forum rss feed
Author

MmP user not visiting Queenzone.com
I like HotSpace FunIt &Delilah
MmP
Champion: 85 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 22 Sep 06, 21:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I love Scandal, just amazing vocals by Freddie and great rhytm. But I couldn't help of notice that at the end of the videoclip there's a guy reading a newspaper that says: "Next scandal coming soon"

Is it me or is there a hidden message regarding upcoming press scandal of Freddie's illness?

It's not just that. At the first take that I mentioned above you see the guy with the newspaper and in the left side of the screen in the back it's freddie watching...It's not hard to relate the next Scandal with Freddie is it?
Look: http://img126.imageshack.us/my.php?image=scandalme5.jpg

In the next take the camera rolls direct at the newspaper headline. Emphasizing the "upcoming Scandal" headline, in order to make sure you noticed it.
http://img230.imageshack.us/my.php?image=scandal2xz8.jpg

And the last take it's the guy again reading the newspaper, then looks at the camera and gives a suspicious grin.
http://img111.imageshack.us/my.php?image=scandal3df9.jpg

Suspicious don't you think?
Or am I too crazy?

I have a man-crush on Brian's solo on Delilah
Raf user not visiting Queenzone.com
Stop this noise!
Raf
Deity: 8274 posts

Posted: 22 Sep 06, 21:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<font color=red>The Audacity of Charles wrote:

Well, you could take it that way, I suppose.

Or just as "The Celebrity Scandal Machine isn't going to stop".

Or something.

Who wrote this song, does anyone know ? I'm sure someone out there knows ! I am curious !

I think it's just about the "celebrity scandal machine" never stopping.

And the song was written by Brian May, if I'm not mistaken. But credited to Queen, like all the other songs from the album.

We got the Cosmos rockin'!

We got the Universe rockin'!

We got the Cosmos rockin' to the mighty power of rock'n'roll!
MmP

Posted: 22 Sep 06, 21:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yep, it's Brian's.
But I find those ending scenes veeeery suspicious.

rocks. user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1808 posts

Posted: 22 Sep 06, 21:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

er...yah, no, thats not the case, for sure.

MmP

Posted: 22 Sep 06, 22:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

WhatMustHeThink wrote:

er...yah, no, thats not the case, for sure.

why?

7 seas of Rhye user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1817 posts

Posted: 22 Sep 06, 22:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

young_strat_man wrote:

There was no hidden message, the message WAS the song! damn wtf do you guys sit around and think of? I mean you hang on to the hope to catch attention here and be the hero of the day, grow up. This song was primarily written by Brian, and was about his affair with Anita being posted in the media!

Whoah man! Chill out!! It's alright.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdoo21lvza8

^greatest video ever made

"If I get the answer wrong, you can kick me in the nuts" -Sean

I am the most obsessed Queen fan.
MmP

Posted: 22 Sep 06, 23:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

young_strat_man wrote:

There was no hidden message, the message WAS the song! damn wtf do you guys sit around and think of? I mean you hang on to the hope to catch attention here and be the hero of the day, grow up. This song was primarily written by Brian, and was about his affair with Anita being posted in the media!

Man, I don't want to have all the attention here I just want to know your opinion becouse I find those scenes very strange, that's all. I am in other Queen and non-Queen forums and I know the sistem, that's why I try to make my point in the most respectful and careful way. Please don't put me in the same bag with the other "peeps" you say becouse believe me that in my almost 12 years of Queen fan I'd never thought of hidden AID'S messeges in Queen songs. I understand that may not agree with me but there's no need of a disrespectul post.

But actually I think you didn't understand what I was trying to say.
My point is that the hidden message is in the videoclip, not in the meaning of the song. Which I know it's related to medias' attempt to destroy Brian's or any Queen memeber's life.
I knew it was Brian's song, and I knew its related to what you said, but I've read that it's also related to Freddie's Aids rumors in those days (this I heard it from Brian himself).

Just take a look at the photos I posted and if you have the videoclip watch it and see that there's no relation with the guy reading the newspaper and the whole clip. Also see the way the headline it's shown it's very particular. I think they try to outstand it in order to make sure you see it.
So, you still think that those ending scenes don't have some kind of intention?

If not, why are they there for?

Why is Freddie in the back while the guy read the newspaper with the big headline? Coincidence?

7Innuendo7 user not visiting Queenzone.com
7Innuendo7
Bohemian: 816 posts

Posted: 23 Sep 06, 00:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Mmp great post, my fave Scandal video moment is the solo with confetti, its looks a little like fortunes from fortune cookies

When a red hot man meets a white hot lady, Hoop Diddy Diddy, Hoop Diddy Doo!
eenaweena. user not visiting Queenzone.com
eenaweena.
Deity: 2355 posts

Posted: 23 Sep 06, 00:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

young_strat_man wrote:

7 seas of Rhye wrote:

young_strat_man wrote:

I am calm now. lol I just can't stand peeps who think that there were all these hidden messages within Queen's music! They were song's written about events, some were about nothing! That's all.

really? no hidden messages in any of their songs? have you heard AOBTD played backwards? it wasn't intentional anyway.. please don't get steamed up by my comment. :)

Whisperer user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1312 posts

Posted: 23 Sep 06, 00:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<font color="lime">KillerKing840 wrote:

<font color=red>The Audacity of Charles wrote:

Well, you could take it that way, I suppose.

Or just as "The Celebrity Scandal Machine isn't going to stop".

Or something.

Who wrote this song, does anyone know ? I'm sure someone out there knows ! I am curious !

I think it's just about the "celebrity scandal machine" never stopping.

And the song was written by Brian May, if I'm not mistaken. But credited to Queen, like all the other songs from the album.

As soon as I saw this topic, I thought: I'm sure someone will say "no, it's not true, brian wrote the song".

Come on! IF they would have put a hidden message in the video would it have made any difference who wrote the song?!?

Not those are losers who fall, but those who don't stand up.
blerp user not visiting Queenzone.com
blerp
Deity: 2438 posts

Posted: 23 Sep 06, 00:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Wait, you've been a Queen fan for a while, and it doesn't seem like you watched the video with the commentary on it. Brian explained everything, from his divorce to the death of his dad, and then the stuff about Roger and the rumors of Freddie's diagnosis with AIDs...and how they were hurt with being attacked by the press...it's all there, so why are you fretting over it?

I don't think there is a hidden message, like strat_man said, the song and video is the message! Though the video was pretty plain...but yeah...stop teeming in that spoot and open your curtains.

I'm so pissed I could spit.
chefman5150 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 290 posts

Posted: 23 Sep 06, 01:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yeah...no hidden message in there for me...it's pretty self-explanatory. It was just Queen's way of having a nip back at the press, and unfortunately it just didn't quite give off the statement that they wanted it to. Like Roger said...it should be more scandalous, and he'd even said it was a boring video, and not one of his favorites.

Ain't Much I'm Asking...If You Want the Truth...
eenaweena.

Posted: 23 Sep 06, 03:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

young_strat_man wrote:

<font color="indigo"><b>friedchicken \m/ wrote:

young_strat_man wrote:

7 seas of Rhye wrote:

young_strat_man wrote:

I am calm now. lol I just can't stand peeps who think that there were all these hidden messages within Queen's music! They were song's written about events, some were about nothing! That's all.

really? no hidden messages in any of their songs? have you heard AOBTD played backwards? it wasn't intentional anyway.. please don't get steamed up by my comment. :)

Yeah, yeah It's fun to smoke Marijuana. lol yeah i remember back in 1980 doing the whole reverse trick, of course we used to do that to The Beatles and Led Zepplins lp's. lol Why would i get steamed? Look, i have a character role here, to piss people that moan and whine around off. Those who are normal and kind ppl get respect, those who don't act like they have some decorum or respect for one another, they get YSM. lol I am NOT this way in real life, and i have QZ friends that i speak to everyday, they could tell you that this is an act. But anyways... lol

oh. haha! okay. gotcha. i heard the playback of aobtd in a certain site... yeah. it was "it's fun to smoke marijuana." hehe. :)

Going Back user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 483 posts

Posted: 23 Sep 06, 04:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

fuck dam it, don't try to find freddie's ilness everywhere ! the man tried to hide it why the hell would he want to send anyone hidden message?

eenaweena.

Posted: 23 Sep 06, 05:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

^true. i only realized that now. :)

artist_nine user not visiting Queenzone.com
artist_nine
Bohemian: 124 posts

Posted: 23 Sep 06, 06:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

What about the last scene in the Show Must Go On video? I think it's some kind of a message, isn't it? Or maybe I'm completely wrong...

eenaweena.

Posted: 23 Sep 06, 06:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

what last scene? the one where freddie in drag closes the door?

artist_nine user not visiting Queenzone.com
artist_nine
Bohemian: 124 posts

Posted: 23 Sep 06, 06:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yes, and with Freddie holding his hand to his head like a gun...

Going Back user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 483 posts

Posted: 23 Sep 06, 07:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

artist_nine wrote:

:D:D:D:D now thats what i call stupid :D

eenaweena.

Posted: 23 Sep 06, 07:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

artist_nine wrote:

wait a minute... all the parts of that video were from other videos... so that can't mean anything... right? he didn't intentionally do it for the video... they wer just snippets of old videos, so yeah. maybe it wasn't a sign, dearie. :)