Forums > Queen - Serious Discussion > The Return of the Champions overdubbed? DVD

forum rss feed
Author

theCro user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1056 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 22 Sep 06, 22:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I was wondering, is Return of the Champions overdubbed in the studio [vocals]?

theCro user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1056 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 23 Sep 06, 00:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

young_strat_man wrote:

Are you actually serious? lol
acually why are you chasing me whereever i post get a life you lowlife prick.



bobo the chimp user not visiting Queenzone.com
bobo the chimp
Deity: 12703 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 23 Sep 06, 00:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

theCro wrote:

young_strat_man wrote:

Are you actually serious? lol
acually why are you chasing me whereever i post get a life you lowlife prick.



He's chasing everyone, it's his job.


"Your not funny, your not a good musician, theres a difference between being funny and being an idiot, you obviously being the latter" - Dave R Fuller
Jjeroen user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4781 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 23 Sep 06, 05:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

But to answer your question: LOL!!!

Yes, man, it's FULL of overdubs. They are just EVERYWHERE. Don't think it was done in the studio though, they probably come from audio from different shows.

Listen to the bootleg and you clearly hear the difference.

Anyone that has been to any of the shows, will also notice wihtout comparing the bootleg, that the band on the album sounds way different to what they sounded like LIVE at that stage of the tour...

theCro user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1056 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 23 Sep 06, 11:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

jeroen wrote:

But to answer your question: LOL!!!

Yes, man, it's FULL of overdubs. They are just EVERYWHERE. Don't think it was done in the studio though, they probably come from audio from different shows.

Listen to the bootleg and you clearly hear the difference.

Anyone that has been to any of the shows, will also notice wihtout comparing the bootleg, that the band on the album sounds way different to what they sounded like LIVE at that stage of the tour...
now this is smart answer! Thanks

bitesthedust user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 3242 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 23 Sep 06, 14:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

sadly, all official Queen live releases seem to be overdubbed.

Gordie Howe user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 368 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 23 Sep 06, 15:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

theCro wrote:

young_strat_man wrote:

Are you actually serious? lol
acually why are you chasing me whereever i post get a life you lowlife prick.



Wow dude. Its a fucking forum. People ask questions. People reply to a topic and you cant help that.


Well here's my counter-offer... do I have to kill you? What if I were just to kick the ever loving shit out of you?
The Real Wizard user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Real Wizard
Deity: 18638 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 23 Sep 06, 16:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

bitesthedust wrote:

sadly, all official Queen live releases seem to be overdubbed.


...just like live albums from virtually every other band.



"The more generous you are with your music, the more it comes back to you." -- Dan Lampinski



http://www.queenlive.ca
Josh Henson user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 693 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 23 Sep 06, 17:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

When are we going to see this rare footage???


I'm just getting used to my new exposure

Come into my enclosure

And meet my melancholy blues
Mr Mercury user not visiting Queenzone.com
Adam who?????
Mr Mercury
Deity: 4632 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 23 Sep 06, 18:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

theCro wrote:

I was wondering, is Return of the Champions overdubbed in the studio [vocals]?


Heres your answer to what was left out http://www.queentour2005.wegotit.at/Real.html


"Normally i can't dance to save my life.

But as soon as I step in dog shit, I can moonwalk better than Michael Jackson."
inu-liger user not visiting Queenzone.com
inu-liger
Deity: 13057 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 23 Sep 06, 20:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

young_strat_man wrote:

<font color=blue><b>LeroyBrown11</b > wrote:

theCro wrote:

young_strat_man wrote:

Are you actually serious? lol
acually why are you chasing me whereever i post get a life you lowlife prick.


Don't mind him. He's trying to get a reputation as the "meanest Queenzoner" or whatever. Stop trying to be like Brians Permed Poodle or Mr. Snow because you're just stupid!


You couldn't have said that any more stupid yourself! Everyone else knows here that when i am a smart ass it is a joke! The only ppl here that give me shit is 12-14 year old girls!? WTF why is it that this age group of girls are so interested in what an old man has so say anyways? lol But anyways i have been around here way before BPP or Mr. Snow, so get your facts straight little girlie. :)


I can't believe you're still showing your hairy-arsed face around here, after that Sunbury fiasco.

Crezchi user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 664 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 24 Sep 06, 01:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Looks like i came back from Vacation at the wrong time! lol This dude is on crack i suppose?


Hello you rock and rollers!
redspecial85 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 141 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 24 Sep 06, 01:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I don't think Return of the Champions is overdubbed...however I do think that it is cleaned up and re-mastered. I'm guessing they had two different mixes at the gig in Sheffield, the house mix, and the recording mix. And when they were prepping it for release, they cleaned it up with Pro Tools or something.


"Oh oh people of the earth

Listen to the warning the seer he said

For those who hear and mark my words

Listen to the good plan." -Brian May

(The Prophet's Song)
brENsKi user not visiting Queenzone.com
How shall we f**k off, Oh Lord
brENsKi
Deity: 8088 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 24 Sep 06, 04:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

bitesthedust wrote:

sadly, all official Queen live releases seem to be overdubbed.


surely not? - that has to be a mistake? ;-)

there was me thinking that Live Killers was recorded in one take....by the same people who recorded...UFO - strangers in the night, Thin Lizzy Live and Dangerous, Kiss Alive II and Frampton Comes Alive






go deo na h√Čireann
theCro user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1056 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 24 Sep 06, 17:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

young_strat_man, you're an IDIOT!

The Real Wizard user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Real Wizard
Deity: 18638 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 24 Sep 06, 17:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

redspecial85 wrote:

I don't think Return of the Champions is overdubbed...however I do think that it is cleaned up and re-mastered. I'm guessing they had two different mixes at the gig in Sheffield, the house mix, and the recording mix. And when they were prepping it for release, they cleaned it up with Pro Tools or something.


If you've heard the bootleg, then you'd say otherwise. They even took parts of speeches from other shows. Trust me!


"The more generous you are with your music, the more it comes back to you." -- Dan Lampinski



http://www.queenlive.ca
Jjeroen user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4781 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 25 Sep 06, 04:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sir GH<br><h6>ah yeah</h6> wrote:

redspecial85 wrote:

I don't think Return of the Champions is overdubbed...however I do think that it is cleaned up and re-mastered. I'm guessing they had two different mixes at the gig in Sheffield, the house mix, and the recording mix. And when they were prepping it for release, they cleaned it up with Pro Tools or something.


If you've heard the bootleg, then you'd say otherwise. They even took parts of speeches from other shows. Trust me!

Leadvocals from other shows, LOTS of guitarparts from other shows...
No need to 'believe' it is overdubbed - we've discussed this over and over again. If you use your EARS you KNOW that there ARE overdubs.
Cleaning up and doing a new mix does change the sounds of a song significantly, but it will never change the line someone is singing nor an entire bar of a guitarsolo.

Togg user not visiting Queenzone.com
Togg
Deity: 2393 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 25 Sep 06, 06:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sir GH<br><h6>ah yeah</h6> wrote:

redspecial85 wrote:

I don't think Return of the Champions is overdubbed...however I do think that it is cleaned up and re-mastered. I'm guessing they had two different mixes at the gig in Sheffield, the house mix, and the recording mix. And when they were prepping it for release, they cleaned it up with Pro Tools or something.


If you've heard the bootleg, then you'd say otherwise. They even took parts of speeches from other shows. Trust me!


Interesting, what got amended?


"It is better to sit in silence and have people think you're a fool, then to open your mouth and remove all doubt"
Bohardy user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2447 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 25 Sep 06, 20:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Check here, Togg:

http://www.queentour2005.wegotit.at/Real.html


Gullibility and credulity are considered undesirable qualities in every department of human life -- except religion.
theCro user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1056 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 25 Sep 06, 22:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Bohardy wrote:

Check here, Togg:

http://www.queentour2005.wegotit.at/Real.html
just saw this, interesting indeed