Forums > Queen - General Discussion > A Day At The (Japanese) Races???

forum rss feed
Author

breathe user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 9 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 23 Sep 06, 12:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I absolutely ADORE Queen (obviously) and am trying to collect all the digital masters. However I have purchased A Day At The Races (released by Parlophone and made in Holland) and Windows Media Player instantly mistakes it for a Japanese import released by Toshiba? Anybody else had this???

Deacon Fan user not visiting Queenzone.com
on vacation
Deacon Fan
Royalty: 1757 posts

Posted: 23 Sep 06, 14:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'm no expert on this, but it apparently finds album info based on common traits. I've had WMP and EAC find album info on *copies* of discs I've made, as long as I didn't add bonus tracks.

So I think it's more to do with number of tracks, track length, etc. And it doesn't necessarily have anything to do with the actual edition of the album if the track list is exactly the same.

Posted: 23 Sep 06, 18:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Ooooooooooh... but there isn't actually a matching CD...on the [UK] ones, the tracks are in the wrong order? Anyone else had the same troubles? Sorry...I'm a geek 8)

queen mercury 33542 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 576 posts

Posted: 23 Sep 06, 22:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'm not sure which cd I have of a day at the races, whether if if it's a japan import, but I do know that sometimes albums in winamp don't come up with matches that I put in there. The first song should be tie your mother down.
Hope that helps.

NA
JoxerTheDeityPirate user not visiting Queenzone.com
JoxerTheDeityPirate
Deity: 6272 posts

Posted: 24 Sep 06, 07:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

on my cd the tracks were edited badly and i have tie your mother down as track2.it classes the intro as track1.very annoying!

isnt innuendo an italian suppository?

im gonna ride the wild wind!

its_a_hard_life wrote:you nutcase you rule!

joxer replies: but in a nice way :-]

Bohemian Rahpsody user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 105 posts

Posted: 24 Sep 06, 08:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I don't have A Day At The Races yet (I bought The Game and Freddie's Best Solo Albulm instead). However I have had the problem of having tracks mixed around, on Real Player, Jukebox 8 Basic, Qick Time and Media Player. I thought the problem began when I used my Mp6 on the computer, but it's been happening for ages. How does one fix it dears, it's quite anoying!

Ta,

B.R

Freddies Lover
SK user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 812 posts

Posted: 24 Sep 06, 09:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Heh, I once had a similar problem, the audio ripper once displayed Dylan's The Times They Are A Changin as Jethro Tull's Auqalung!

Posted: 24 Sep 06, 10:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Another thing. I am at the momement letting the Youtube web site load up the Live Aid performance of we will rock you. I want to know if I can Save Target As the video so that I can play at my delight when I wish. Anyone know how to do this? And if anyone has downloaded the whole Live Aid performance, please let me know. I would really love to view it!

Thanks,

B.R

Freddies Lover

Posted: 24 Sep 06, 10:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Just tried making an acount, and it said I'm uneligable! WHy would it do such an evil thing as to deny me my greatest want (at the current time)

B.R

Freddies Lover
Nevermind user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 102 posts

Posted: 24 Sep 06, 10:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I have A day at the Races I bought it in Woolworths and it says it's Japanese. It seems to work OK on my computer and MP3. I think one of my Live Killers disk comes from a different country as well but I'm not sure on that.

Me and JJ have decided. Roger Taylor's nipples are hot! http://bebo.com/NeVeRmInD1991 <---- Moi

Posted: 24 Sep 06, 11:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

joxerthemighty wrote:

on my cd the tracks were edited badly and i have tie your mother down as track2.it classes the intro as track1.very annoying!

One might agree that A Day At The Races is sorta...well...screwed up? They all seemed to be buggered up in one way or another...