habalushy user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 547 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 24 Sep 06, 14:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

here are 5 concerts
info:
queenbootlegs.tripod.com/id3.html

links:
1976-09-02 Edinburgh.zip: (AUD > Master > Cassette (2) > WAV > CDR(x) > EAC > WAV > FLAC (Flac Frontend level 8)>WAV>MP3)
http://www.sendspace.com/file/zh76o0

1977-10-06 New London Theatre Centre.zip:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/trhdhk
http://rapidshare.de/files/32651513/1977-10-06_New_London_Theatre_Centre.zip

1984-09-27 Stuttgart.rar:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/8gcezy
http://rapidshare.de/files/32792440/1984-09-27_Stuttgart.rar

6.26.86 Waldbühne, Berlin.zip:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/1c9hkk
http://rapidshare.de/files/31874709/6.26.86_Waldbuehne__Berlin.zip

brussels86.rar: http://www.sendspace.com/file/pis0in

I post MP3 sourced concerts for 3 reasons:
1) I have an ipod and am not filling it up with WAV files
2) Since I do not use the WAV/FLAC files, i just delete them instead of wasting space on my harddrive or CDs
3) It takes less time and less links to post

"...and so fell the weight I never can lift

behind us the darkness between us the rift"

-Phish

-----------

The Dude Abides
michaelkars user not visiting Queenzone.com
www.crowning-glory.nl

Bohemian: 113 posts

Posted: 24 Sep 06, 14:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

why always mp3-sourced recordings !!!!
I'm getting sick of it. You always can convert it to mp3 yourself.

my trading site : www.crowning-glory.nl

pcgenius9 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 937 posts

Posted: 24 Sep 06, 14:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Prick. If you don't like this generous sharing, you could just fuck off?

Dislocate your spine...
chefman5150 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 290 posts

Posted: 24 Sep 06, 15:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Or the other thing is you simply don't have to download it...have some class and say thank you to those who do a lions share of work to help others out...it goes like this...thank you Habalushy for these links!! You kick ass dude!!!

(Now was that so hard???)

Ain't Much I'm Asking...If You Want the Truth...
david (galashiels) user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2020 posts

Posted: 24 Sep 06, 15:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

thanks very much

Ginger01 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2611 posts

Posted: 24 Sep 06, 15:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thank you very much for sharing these!

shiningstarprod user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 115 posts

Posted: 24 Sep 06, 16:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thank you soooo very much!

By the way michaelkars.... I usually do not comment about other's posts because i want to avoid stupid fights... but for all of those who are not happy, why don't you just not download them.... learn first appreciate other's people efforts.... this guy has surely taken lots of time to acquire them from cd and especially uploading them... if you do not like the file type, site where they upload or anything... do not comment and do not download.... it's missregarding in respect of other's work... you don't like it: start chaning things and be the first to upload different file types.....

SORRY FOR THE COMMENT....

Andrew
misabeat user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 103 posts

Posted: 24 Sep 06, 17:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thank you for you sharing these concerts. Your share is much appreciated.

hajduk user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 6 posts

Posted: 24 Sep 06, 18:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

thanks for this...who do not like mp3,you can convert them to anything you like after dload...simple as that!

FRIENDS WILL BE FRIENDS!
Wiley user is on Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1704 posts

Posted: 24 Sep 06, 19:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Once it's been converted to mp3 the audio is degraded, since mp3 is a lossy compression type. The higher frequencies are lost and can never be recovered when you convert WAV or FLAC files to MP3. There is no point in converting MP3 files to WAV or FLAC since the info is already lost.

Sharing in this forum is always appreciated regardless of the format. I don't download mp3 concerts at all since I prefer lossless media for my collection and lossy media is undesirable for trading.

Josh Henson user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 693 posts

Posted: 24 Sep 06, 19:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thanks!

I'm just getting used to my new exposure

Come into my enclosure

And meet my melancholy blues
coops user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 403 posts

Posted: 24 Sep 06, 20:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thanks for the effort you put into the downloads.
This whole debate about mp3 vs flac is very overated and usually people who think they know a lot about audio complin the most. It's ironic because yes mp3 is lossy, but you need to convert/copy so many times before you can actually hear the difference, and then it,s hard.
On a reference system, an mp3 copied at 192 kbs from a cd will be impossible to differentiate from the original unless you are very familiar with the recording.
These are crappy sounding bootlegs for gods sake. We all love em but they sound shit no matter what. Jeeze

seba_79 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 184 posts

Posted: 24 Sep 06, 22:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thanks for Edinburgh!

ejvt user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 20 posts

Posted: 24 Sep 06, 23:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thankyou very much for this!!!!! These site is the greatest on the internet

Queen rocks!!!!!

popy user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 450 posts

Posted: 24 Sep 06, 23:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The Real Wizard user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Real Wizard
Deity: 18638 posts

Posted: 25 Sep 06, 14:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

pcgenius9 wrote:

Prick. If you don't like this generous sharing, you could just fuck off?

shiningstarprod wrote:

this guy has surely taken lots of time to acquire them from cd and especially uploading them... if you do not like the file type, site where they upload or anything... do not comment and do not download....

hajduk wrote:

thanks for this...who do not like mp3,you can convert them to anything you like after dload...simple as that!

coops wrote:

These are crappy sounding bootlegs for gods sake. We all love em but they sound shit no matter what. Jeeze

I might as well reply to you all at once.

Yes, they are bootlegs and often they don't sound great. So, we should be converting these only to FLAC format, to preserve what quality is actually there. Mp3 compression makes any recording worse, no matter how high the bitrate is. It is lossy, thus it is irreversible. If you listen to an mp3-sourced cd on a lousy stereo, then sure, it doesn't sound any different. But for people who truly care about sound quality, the quality loss when something is converted to mp3 is a pretty big one if you're using the right equipment.

Nobody can deny that this website has NO quality standards at all. People have every right to complain about it, because it's a fact. Nobody said we don't appreciate people sharing things. The problem is that sharing mp3s pollutes the trade pool with recordings that will surely be burned to cd, as if they are lossless WAV... which of course, isn't the case. Actually, we have seen FLAC files here that in reality were MP3 > WAV > FLAC, which is absolutely disgraceful. If you acquire the show in cd, WAV, or FLAC format, then you should preserve the quality, not ruin it for the sake of having smaller files. If you absolutely must share mp3s, then the least you can do is provide a disclaimer for people not to burn them to audio cd, and keep them for their own use. That would help somewhat. But the only way we can clean things up is to stop sharing mp3s - unless of course, there is no other source than the mp3 available. This was the case with the recent share of Puebla 10-17-81, which has yet to be topped.

The Queen community is the laughing stock of the wider trading world, because the majority of us have no standards for quality. "Vienna 78" is not sufficient information. This is how it should look, for example:

1978-05-02 Vienna, Stadhalle
AUD > Master > Cassette (2) > WAV > CDR(x) > EAC > WAV > FLAC (Flac Frontend level 8)

This way, we know exactly where the recording has traveled, and that it is in the best quality possible.

Some people, like myself, are going through great effort to track down the best version of each concert. All that these mp3s are doing is slowing down the process. If we had quality standards here, then more people would come forward with new and higher quality recordings, without being afraid that their recording will be converted to mp3 the next day. The private collectors have retracted to their shells. Until then, very few new recordings will emerge from people like them. Thank goodness for the Wardour label. They've provided us with a few nice things lately, and hopefully they won't be upset if/when they find out that their gems like the 1977 WATC Shoot upgrade are already circulating in mp3. Someone worked very hard to find this upgrade, and converting it to mp3 (less than two months after its release) is a horrible insult to their efforts. I'd hate to see them call it quits because of this. Don't think it can't happen. It has happened before.

I hope this post makes a few people rethink their position on mp3 sharing vs lossless sharing.

"The more generous you are with your music, the more it comes back to you." -- Dan Lampinski

http://www.queenlive.ca
habalushy user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 547 posts

SPE24 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 3 posts

Posted: 25 Sep 06, 18:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thanks mate - much appreciated

The Real Wizard user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Real Wizard
Deity: 18638 posts

Posted: 25 Sep 06, 23:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

habalushy wrote:

I post MP3 sourced concerts for 3 reasons:
1) I have an ipod and am not filling it up with WAV files
2) Since I do not use the WAV/FLAC files, i just delete them instead of wasting space on my harddrive or CDs
3) It takes less time and less links to post

Wow... my post flew right over your head, didn't it?

I hope that after reading this above post, anyone who is the slightest bit sensible can understand why Queen collectors are usually not taken seriously by anyone outside of the Queen world.

I nominate the above post for worst post of the year.

"The more generous you are with your music, the more it comes back to you." -- Dan Lampinski

http://www.queenlive.ca
Panchgani user not visiting Queenzone.com
St Peter's Burnt Piano
Panchgani
Deity: 6374 posts

Posted: 25 Sep 06, 23:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Well golly gee, shouldn't GH vent at those who convert from mp3 to wav, not at those who share mp3 sourced recordings?

Most CD players nowadays play mp3's, so there is no reason to convert mp3 to WAV. Perhaps a few people convert concerts to WAV for illicit trading purposes. Just because a few people convert mp3 to wav, this is not a valid reason to restrict those that legitmately share mp3's.

Just do a frequency analysis to detect the lossy source and be done with it.

GH's recent complaints of arrogance against Martias May are very ironic.

Worst post of the year? Arrogance indeed.

Roger: I like it. If you don't. Sod you!

Queen song poll: http://home.comcast.net/~vantricers/index.html

B-52's: I, I, I'm lookin for some fun - waitin for the REAL Queen Box Sets to come