Forums > Queenzone.com > Freedom Of Speech DOES NOT EXIST on QZ for some people

forum rss feed
Author

Queen Archivist user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 850 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 29 Sep 06, 19:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I know that a lot of QZ-ers hate me, Greg Brooks, and that's ok becase we are all entitled to an opinion, and indeed to express it. Good luck to you, to anyone with an opinion to express publically.

HOWEVER... that is NOT the case on Queenzone.

I pasted up two threads on here earlier today, and they both seem to have been removed. DELETED???????????

YV... Barb (???) has said some things about me and my work in the past, and that is completely fine. Today i did exactly the same thing, in reply, but apparently that is NOT fine. Barbara, was it you that removed them???? was it you that deleted both my threads???

Was it you that took it upon yourself to decide that your QZ community cannot see/read that which I pasted because it offends YOU???? Surely not. Tell me I'm wrong. Tell me you are not that petty.

Surely that's not the case. YV, tell me, tell us all, that YOU have not cencored QZ for your own reasons, and thereby made FREEDOM OF SPEECH a thing of the past here. is QZ a dictatorship now, and no longer a democracy?

If you have removed my threads then IMMEDIATELY and UNQUESTIONABLY, by definition you have CENCORED me and thereby removed my freedom of speech. It cannot be denied. What century are you living in?

QUEENZONERS... you should all be appalled if it is the case that certain people's threads can be taken down, deleted, if certain QZ' Seniors' don't like it. That is an abomination. It could be YOU next that YV takes exception to.

Richard... please give me an explanation as to why you have allowed this to happen.

My God! Who else do you censor? What else do you decide cannot be read or seen by the QZ community?

This is really discusting and shocking.

Togg, Lester Thingy, John Stuart, and all you others out there, FORGET your greivances with me and stand up right now, even if it makes you unpopulare, and DEMAND that freedom of speech prevails, and cencorship does not. Otherwise your site is UTTERLY WORTHLESS and without credibility or worth. You cannot delete comments just because Barbie or JSS or some other sensitive soul might be upset.

I get tons of crap aimed at me and I take it on the chin, so why can't you????

If it is the case that YV has influenced the removal of my threads, or actually done it herself, then shame on you. How dare you decide what QZ-ers can read, and not read. This is 2006, not 1806.

Offer an explanation if you think there is one....

GB
Lester Burnham user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5870 posts

Posted: 29 Sep 06, 19:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Lester Thingy? I have a name, you fool, and if you want me on your side, you should use it properly.

Posted: 29 Sep 06, 19:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I don't want you ON MY SIDE, you fool. Read it properly.

I simply want you and others to stand up for what is right. Fredom of speech is right. Censorship is an abomination.

So... express your outrage and be a man.

GB
newcastle 86 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 52 posts

Posted: 29 Sep 06, 19:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

i see the fat boy has obviously had a drink bless him.! the spelling is up to junior school standard i see.
well done greg. loads of love as always

mjks
Sebastian user not visiting Queenzone.com
Sebastian
Deity: 6327 posts

Posted: 29 Sep 06, 19:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Greg: Fuck Off

John hated HS. Fred's fave singer was not PR. Roger didn't compose 'Innuendo.' Witness testimonies are often inaccurate. Scotland's not in England. 'Bo Rhap' hasn't got 180 voices.
YourValentine user not visiting Queenzone.com
registered July 27th 2001
YourValentine
Deity: 7611 posts

Posted: 29 Sep 06, 19:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I did not delete anything and from experience you should know that I don't delete threads from you. So, you can calm down. You know Richard's email address if you have a complaint.

I do not want any google ads here.

newcastle 86 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 52 posts

Posted: 29 Sep 06, 19:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

All of his threads should be deleted he contributes fuck all to this site

mjks
magicalfreddiemercury user not visiting Queenzone.com
magicalfreddiemercury
Deity: 2693 posts

Posted: 29 Sep 06, 20:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

newcastle 86 wrote:

All of his threads should be deleted he contributes fuck all to this site

He has the right to post here just as we have the right to ignore him. I say we should all excercise our rights.

"The others don't like my interviews. And frankly, I don't care much for theirs." ~ Freddie Mercury

Posted: 29 Sep 06, 20:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

YourValentine,

Can you categorically confirm you said nothing and did nothing that resulted in my threads being removed?

Come on YV it is perfectly simple and reasonable for you to tell the whole truth. I accepy you did not actually delete them, but you have not said you were not at all involved in them being deleted.

Did you say anything to anyone about my threads that was contributary to them being removed? Be honest.

GB

Posted: 29 Sep 06, 20:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

YV.

You know more about this site than I do, by a huge margin.

Can you please explain to me how it can happen that my two threads were removed.

How many people have the 'power' or capability to delete threads?

Is it just Richard?

Do YOU have that access YV?

GB
Lester Burnham user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5870 posts

Posted: 29 Sep 06, 20:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Look Greg, instead of barging in here like a bull in a china shop, why not privately contact Barb and ask her why? Just explain that to me, without hurling venom and your overblown, misspelled words at me.

Wiley user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1704 posts

Posted: 29 Sep 06, 21:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Oh, come on Greg. Is your job so stressing or lame that you have to come here and make that kind of statement? It is precisely freedom of speech that allowed you to attack YV directly in the first place, as it allowed you to post your "what were Queen's number ones" type of questions and it also allowed many users to call you names and everything else.

If there were no freedom of speech over here you would have been banned from this forum the first time you came, when you were just "GB" and enjoyed to randomly pick on people just to prove your silly point about the use of nicknames and being anonymous and not to be taken seriously.

I believe users have been banned in the past but for extreme cases of spamming and/or profanity. If you think that your posts might have been lost or deleted you can contact Richard, this site's admin and talk to him, with no need to have another go at Barbara, which I personally (that means "in person", Greg) know and I don't think she'd do. That is MY opinion. You can have yours, of course, but it is better to be informed before making this kind of statements or you will just make a fool of yourself. Like now.

Wiley

P.S.: I don't hate you, not at all. Just cool it down, participate positively in a discussion (if your contractual confidendiality clauses allow it) and/or just get back to work.

radio_what's_new user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 542 posts

Posted: 29 Sep 06, 21:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Wiley wrote:

Oh, come on Greg. Is your job so stressing or lame that you have to come here and make that kind of statement? It is precisely freedom of speech that allowed you to attack YV directly in the first place, as it allowed you to post your "what were Queen's number ones" type of questions and it also allowed many users to call you names and everything else.

If there were no freedom of speech over here you would have been banned from this forum the first time you came, when you were just "GB" and enjoyed to randomly pick on people just to prove your silly point about the use of nicknames and being anonymous and not to be taken seriously.

I believe users have been banned in the past but for extreme cases of spamming and/or profanity. If you think that your posts might have been lost or deleted you can contact Richard, this site's admin and talk to him, with no need to have another go at Barbara, which I personally (that means "in person", Greg) know and I don't think she'd do. That is MY opinion. You can have yours, of course, but it is better to be informed before making this kind of statements or you will just make a fool of yourself. Like now.

Wiley

P.S.: I don't hate you, not at all. Just cool it down, participate positively in a discussion (if your contractual confidendiality clauses allow it) and/or just get back to work.

I agree

Posted: 29 Sep 06, 21:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Wiley.

I am calm. I really am. But you haven't satisfied me with your good and considered words.

I wrote a thread yesterday, 2 in fact, which obviously will not appeal greatly to some QZ-ers, and they were REMOVED.

One of them, though I do say so myself, was blody good. I was really intrigued to see what YV would make of it... all she could do, ultimately, was insist it be deleted. That was her intelligent clever responce. Says a lot about her, aye! What do YOU think of that. Don't be afraid to speak your mind. WILEY... WHAT DO YOU THINK OF THAT?

That is by definition an abuse of my freedom of speech. You can see that. You will understand that, I'm sure. Why are YOU not bothered at such censorship?

No one should have the right to DELETE the thoughts and opinions of you, Wiley, should they? Nor those of me or John Stuart or YV or Togg. This is a simple concept.

This is not China circa 1935.

I have RE-POSTED one of the two threads, just out of principal. We'll see if your beloved QZ Overseers delete it again. I'm re=pasting the other one tomorrow because I am not letting YV and her cowering cronies who pander to everything she says, get away with it. It's bloody Dickensian!!!!!!! Those people are a century behind the times, Wiley.

Wiley... WHY ARE YOU NOT ALARMED AT THIS?

Are you simply worried about being seen to say something anti-YV, or anti-QZ? Where is your outrage? Integrity too? Come on. Don't be calm and nice, ask questions of those who delete threads written for and intended for YOU, but which OTHERS dictate you cannot ever see.

GB

Posted: 29 Sep 06, 21:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Wiley.

Do you happen to know who has the capability to delete threads?

Is it just Richard?

Can YV?

Are YV and Richard friends, do you know? Because i feel certain that though YV did not remove the threads directly herself, she must have insisted they go... and indeed THEY WENT!

I put this to her, I asked that she be honest, but she's gone all quiet, as you can see.

YV has NOT yet confirmed she had NO PART in the deletion. We will discover the extent of her integrity soon I hope.

Come on YV, where is your reply?

GB
Smitty user not visiting Queenzone.com
Cool, we have display messages
Smitty
Deity: 6196 posts

Posted: 29 Sep 06, 21:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

What were the names of the threads?

bobo the chimp user not visiting Queenzone.com
bobo the chimp
Deity: 12700 posts

Posted: 29 Sep 06, 22:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I deleted them. I wished and I wished and I wished, and they were gone. Just like in Harry Potter.

Nah look - I don't see the fuss. It's not as though you wrote anything revolutionary - we KNOW how you feel already. It'd be like me posting another thread begging for Face it Alone. It's an old, old joke.

I think Freedom of Speech is fine, this thread is testament to you having it.
I wish more people would exercise a Freedom of Thought before opening their big yaps.

"Your not funny, your not a good musician, theres a difference between being funny and being an idiot, you obviously being the latter" - Dave R Fuller
Wiley user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1704 posts

Posted: 29 Sep 06, 22:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hehehe, I don't think I've ever seen my lastname (which is also my nickname) written that many times in the same post :).

To tell you the truth, Greg, I don't know who has the capability to delete posts apart from Richard... but in about 7 years that I've been visiting this forum this never was an issue - at all. Spammers came and spammers went away, they posted inanities and vulgarities for weeks before being banned. I just don't remember ONE SINGLE CASE of someone feeling outraged because their posts were deleted. So this is not, by any means, normal in this forum.

I really don't know what kind of personal issue you might have with YV. I know you started it, that's for sure. You were very rude to her, joking or not, as a silly experiment or whatever. She has never publicly slagged you and she hasn't talked about you as much as you have talked about her without aparent reason. You kept on pushing her buttons, almost like if you wanted something like this to happen. IF she had anything to do with this (which I HIGHLY DOUBT), well, maybe you had it coming. Not for your recent behaviour or what you posted on those particular two threads, but for your past actions.

I invite you to please re-post your thoughts in the forum (if you still think they are worth the space) and we'll read them. It's just that you can't keep on bringing up the same "he/she started it" arguments to the table. You are free to do so, but I know that I expected a lot more from you.

I have to confess I was very excited when I knew that the Official Queen Archivist posted on Queenzone. Then I read your posts and I was very disappointed. Come on, man... I know you have A LOT to offer to the discussions regarding Queen's material, their recordings, their gigs, without actually having to reveal confidential information. Please do so and stop bitching around, hehe :).

Wiley

ok.computer user not visiting Queenzone.com
ok.computer
Bohemian: 600 posts

Posted: 29 Sep 06, 22:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Oh me, oh my...

Are you contracted by Queen in some shape or form to work on their material? If so, I would assume that their contract or letter of offer might have some achievable targets or outputs attached to them?

If I have assumed incorrectly and you have an open-ended contract to recommend product for release on an as-and-when basis, then I commend you, Sir.

If on the other hand, such a contract exists, can I suggest that you get back to work and get the material that the fans and general public want to see out BEFORE my retirement in 2038?

If you put as much effort into working on the material as you do into these posts, we might actually have had a greater Queen presence on the shelves this Christmas...and last Christmas...and the Christmas before that, etc ad nauseum.

Just a thought...

Paul

"Just tryin' to have a little fun, folks..."

Posted: 29 Sep 06, 22:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Wiley... you are an ok chap. You make sense to me. I wonder what you are doing here, quite frankly, putting up with what is apparently regarded as normal on QZ? That's not a dig.

You are correct that I 'started it' with YV. I had a meaningless jibe at her expence one day (it could have been anyone, it was random) and she had a sense of humour bypass and it esculated from there. So yes I suppose I brought that one on myself - whatever 'that' is. I'm afraid i'm way passed caring. I cannot imagine YV is still smarting over that minor thing.

But... having ones threads deleted just pisses me off out of principal, Wiley. You are an intelligent person, and logical, so I can't understand why you and others aen't outraged at being treated that way. My threads were for YOU and others to read, like everyone else's. YV making decisions that YOU cannot ever see them, should annoy you.

Anyway... I like the way you approach things. I wish others on QZ were likeminded.

It is not possible for me to do the things you outline - sensible as it seems, because too many Qz-ers have other plans and agendas, and I don't have much time these days anyway.

Anyway... good talking with you Wiley.

Regards

GB