Forums > Queen - General Discussion > Being a US fan can really suck

forum rss feed
Author

Freddie's #1 Fan Forever user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 386 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 30 Sep 06, 18:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hi Fans,
Since I'm from the US, I had to drive into Denver to get the new "Record Collector." It was a pain in the ass having to drive that far (45 mintutes), but I listened to Queen on the way.

Now I am glad that I got it, since Freddie is on the cover. However, I was disappointed to find that the October "Classic Rock" is not in yet! I guess that I will have to make another trip next week.

Man, it can suck being a Queen fan in the US! Are the rest of you American fans as fed up as I am of having to drive all over the place and having to order things from England?

Penetration_Guru user not visiting Queenzone.com
Penetration_Guru
Deity: 11013 posts

Posted: 30 Sep 06, 18:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

whine whine whine...is getting a subscription beyond your capability? If so, I'd suggest handing your car keys to someone with a higher IQ.

Like 19

beautifulsoup user not visiting Queenzone.com
beautifulsoup
Royalty: 1797 posts

Posted: 30 Sep 06, 19:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

As a fan, I consider it a happy and necessary "annoyance." You do what you gotta do! :)

"You are only young once, but you can stay immature indefinitely." - Ogden Nash
The prophet's song user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1044 posts

Posted: 30 Sep 06, 21:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<font color=red>The Audacity of Charles wrote:

Huh... ?
I mean... I'm fairly certain that people in more remote parts of the world have trouble getting Queen stuff AT ALL.

Absolutley right! Apart from the Greatest Hits CD's, EVERYTHING Queen related I have has had to be shipped in from England, which not only takes ages seen as England is geographically the furtherest country away from us, but it costs so much to ship it over it ends up costing more than the item itself.

And it takes me 45 minutes just to get to the flipping supermarket! (I'll stop whining when I move to Wellington in 2 years)

"Either this kid has a lightbulb up his ass or his colon has a great idea"
dorahc user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 107 posts

Posted: 30 Sep 06, 23:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Driving 45 mins isn't that much out of your way! You should at least be glad they carry what you were looking for. I'm also from the US and I have no problem finding Queen items. I live 45 mins away from Disney and I find it a pleasure driving to Downtown Disney to Virgin Records, knowing I'll always find what ever Queen item I'm looking for. If they don't have it, there is always the internet!

Carol! the Musical user not visiting Queenzone.com
Carol! the Musical
Deity: 5934 posts

Posted: 01 Oct 06, 00:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

All I ever find here are compilations, Return of the Champions, and ANATO. But I don't complain, because there's always e-bay. :)
And Target is selling Queen shirts!!

-Things Have Changed For Me-
eenaweena. user not visiting Queenzone.com
eenaweena.
Deity: 2355 posts

Posted: 01 Oct 06, 01:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

think of it this way: you don't live in a remote island far, far away from england or even the US, and there is no queen merch in your country at all.

fortunately, this is my situation. :| so please, you're lucky enough to be living in a country with queen merch. stop complaining.

Winter Land Man user not visiting Queenzone.com
Jake
Winter Land Man
Deity: 4400 posts

Posted: 01 Oct 06, 02:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The prophet's song wrote:

<font color=red>The Audacity of Charles wrote:

Huh... ?
I mean... I'm fairly certain that people in more remote parts of the world have trouble getting Queen stuff AT ALL.

Absolutley right! Apart from the Greatest Hits CD's, EVERYTHING Queen related I have has had to be shipped in from England, which not only takes ages seen as England is geographically the furtherest country away from us, but it costs so much to ship it over it ends up costing more than the item itself.

And it takes me 45 minutes just to get to the flipping supermarket! (I'll stop whining when I move to Wellington in 2 years)

Not me. I buy hundreds of Queen CDs, cassettes, and vinyl, and I'll only buy in the USA.

"Please buy my upcoming album... I need the money"
Winter Land Man user not visiting Queenzone.com
Jake
Winter Land Man
Deity: 4400 posts

Posted: 01 Oct 06, 02:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<font color=660066>Bosie<h6>corrupted! wrote:

All I ever find here are compilations, Return of the Champions, and ANATO. But I don't complain, because there's always e-bay. :)
And Target is selling Queen shirts!!

Go to a regular record store.

"Please buy my upcoming album... I need the money"
Deacon Fan user not visiting Queenzone.com
on vacation
Deacon Fan
Royalty: 1757 posts

Posted: 01 Oct 06, 05:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'd gladly drive 45 mins. to acquire a Queen item if I had a car.

What I have trouble with lately is items arriving damaged from online orders.

bobo the chimp user not visiting Queenzone.com
bobo the chimp
Deity: 12700 posts

Posted: 01 Oct 06, 05:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

*Great* thread.

I'd take it more seriously if it said "Being a Queen fan in Ethiopia can really suck", because then they'd have actual problems to contend with!

"Your not funny, your not a good musician, theres a difference between being funny and being an idiot, you obviously being the latter" - Dave R Fuller
QUEENROCKS_1991 user not visiting Queenzone.com
QUEENROCKS_1991
Bohemian: 260 posts

Posted: 01 Oct 06, 06:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Drive what for if you can post here then it mean your on the internet ever heard of ordering it on site ? there millions of sites with queen stuff save fuel and play Queen at home lol ;)

THE SHOW MUST GO ON
QUEENROCKS_1991 user not visiting Queenzone.com
QUEENROCKS_1991
Bohemian: 260 posts

Posted: 01 Oct 06, 06:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

then again a day out drive wouldnt hurt but before setting off do check if items in stock :)

THE SHOW MUST GO ON
magicalfreddiemercury user not visiting Queenzone.com
magicalfreddiemercury
Deity: 2693 posts

Posted: 01 Oct 06, 08:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Freddie's #1 Fan Forever wrote:

Man, it can suck being a Queen fan in the US! Are the rest of you American fans as fed up as I am of having to drive all over the place and having to order things from England?

Think of it as a treasure hunt, m'dear. The ultimate find being the Queen item you'd set out in search of. :)

"The others don't like my interviews. And frankly, I don't care much for theirs." ~ Freddie Mercury

Rikke user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 214 posts

Posted: 01 Oct 06, 09:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It takes me one hour to get to school. What do you think about that?

But it's... mixed to be a dane :b

I'm going slightly mad
Rick user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4796 posts

Posted: 01 Oct 06, 10:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Buy a faster car.

John: "It's the one thing I wish I could do - sing."

Sergei. user not visiting Queenzone.com
Impresario, still
Sergei.
Deity: 4682 posts

Posted: 01 Oct 06, 11:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yeah, and being a KID fan in the Us sucks even more (especially when you really want to meet Brian may before all his awesome hair falls out) since my parents say we can't travel right now cuz what's going on with planes and stuff :( eh but I know theres a trip in store for me this summer ;) I don't know where though...
All they ever have at Borders and best buy are Stone Cold Classics and the occasional A Night at the Opera or Live at wembley. But there's Amazon :)

Back whenever
rocks. user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1808 posts

Posted: 01 Oct 06, 11:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Ok, I live in canada, and I have seen every official release of Queen at least once, and a bunch times more of LOTS of stuff.

Im a fairly recent I have GVH 1 and 2, Making of ANATO, Live At Wembley, Live At The Bowl, We Will Rock You,... every album accept the live ones, Queen II, Flash, and The Works, which I will buy when I have cash.

I dont happen to have The Freddie Mercury Tribute DVD, or ROTC, but I have seen it in every record shop I go to. I will also buy when I have cash, lol.

QPR came to my city.

I've seen loads of Queen vinyl, posters, shirts, etc....

So, just because I dont have a stupid magazine article, am I going to complain? No. I can just use this wonderous thing called the internet and order anytihng I direly want.

Now I dont know how different merchendise is from the States, but if its anything like we have in Canada, then, dont complain

You guys had a WWRY in vegas, and it flopped because...well, use whatever reasoning you want.

Im thankful that in march I am getting WWRY here. I dont live at all far from the theatre it will be shown at. Am I going to complain it will have taken 6 years to get here? NO! I'll just be happy that it HAS come.

magicalfreddiemercury user not visiting Queenzone.com
magicalfreddiemercury
Deity: 2693 posts

Posted: 01 Oct 06, 11:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

WhatMustHeThink wrote:

You guys had a WWRY in vegas, and it flopped because...well, use whatever reasoning you want.

Just as an aside - people in Vegas aren't there for things like WWRY. I'd say that was a rather poor choice of venue.

"The others don't like my interviews. And frankly, I don't care much for theirs." ~ Freddie Mercury

una999 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 598 posts

Posted: 01 Oct 06, 12:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sure all these collections are rubbish - i'm sure the states and australia have all theri studio albums and live at wembley?

IF not it sucks but not many shops in england have queen stuff beyond the albums either - its like that for most bands