forum rss feed
Author

Panchgani user not visiting Queenzone.com
St Peter's Burnt Piano
Panchgani
Deity: 6375 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 02 Oct 06, 00:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Soup_Nazi_(Seinfeld_episode)

No downloads for you!

The draconian, arian ways of the flac nazis reminds me of Seinfeld's Soup Nazi episode. It astounds me how a few arrogant people can try to determine what people can download, and what format they can share it in.

More astounding is that the flac nazis can detect lossy formats with a frequency analyzer, but instead insist on a total ban of mp3's and blacklisting of those that convert from flac to mp3.

The arrogance of this arien race of flac nazis is unbelievable. They immediately disparrage the intelligence of anyone who downloads, shares or listens to mp3's.

The RIAA already tells me me that I can not listen to bootlegs. I'll be damned If I will let a flac nazi tell me what I can listen to.

The real reason that flac nazis want to shut down mp3 sharing is that it keeps rare stuff rare and maintains the value of their collections.

We gotta kick these fucking nazis.

Roger: I like it. If you don't. Sod you!

Queen song poll: http://home.comcast.net/~vantricers/index.html

B-52's: I, I, I'm lookin for some fun - waitin for the REAL Queen Box Sets to come
L-R-TIGER1994 user not visiting Queenzone.com
member of the Royal Family
L-R-TIGER1994
Deity: 3652 posts

Posted: 02 Oct 06, 00:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Are you ok?

Heap big woman you made an asshole outta me....gimme your bums and ride!!!!!!
Smitty user not visiting Queenzone.com
Cool, we have display messages
Smitty
Deity: 6196 posts

Posted: 02 Oct 06, 01:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SMITTY agrees with what L-R-TIGER1994 wrote:

Are you ok?

Sithmarauder user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1082 posts

Posted: 02 Oct 06, 08:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

What the FUCK does this have to do with sharing music. Keep this crap off this site. Your picture indicates your an adult but this post is childish.
This post needs to be deleted.

"If we look half as good to you as you do to me, we must look good" Brian May

"No, Innuendo is not an Italian suppository, it's a Queen album."
coops user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 403 posts

Posted: 02 Oct 06, 09:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Your comments may offend some of the local flac nazis who hang around this site.
Cool

Posted: 02 Oct 06, 09:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

coops wrote:

Your comments may offend some of the local flac nazis who hang around this site.
Cool

Richard needs to somehow show a list of IPS along with share ratios so that we can block the arrogant people who just leech from here and post offending nonsense.

Posted: 02 Oct 06, 09:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sithmarauder wrote:

coops wrote:

Cool

Posted: 02 Oct 06, 10:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Smithmarauder, what are you talking about? Is there a rule that says downloading not allowed unless you post something? In 3 years I have downloaded 4-5 concerts and have always posted a thank you note to the person making the file available, rather than a note to the effect of "why are you posting in mp3 and not flac"?, which I think is what the original post here was alluding to.

Posted: 02 Oct 06, 11:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

coops wrote:

Smithmarauder, what are you talking about? Is there a rule that says downloading not allowed unless you post something? In 3 years I have downloaded 4-5 concerts and have always posted a thank you note to the person making the file available, rather than a note to the effect of "why are you posting in mp3 and not flac"?, which I think is what the original post here was alluding to.

It wasn't directed at your post though I used your quote and it does seem that way. No there isn't a rule about downloading without uploading but the ones who arent uploading should keep these kind of comments to themselves. What the fuck does Sir GH trying to educate people on FLAC have to do with Nazism? I admit, I don't agree with everything he says but he makes some sense about FLAC. I used your quote because (surprising to me)you support such comments. Yes I am aware that you are one of the thankful ones. Maybe I should clarify, I would want to block the arrogant leechers from my shares. Better? = )
Yes, I admit, I used bad wording.

Posted: 02 Oct 06, 12:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I understand. I see a lot of people complaining about file formats rather than just be thankfull the damm thing is available at all. Also, this whole flac v mp3 thing is a moot point when dealing with, for the most part, very poor audio quality. I am involved with audio daily and have found very few people who can tell the difference between source material on a reference system, and 2nd gen mp3 at 192kbs. Those that can tell the difference are usually very familiar with the recording and only then, they are are not positive of the difference. So with a crappy sounding bootleg, well you get the picture.
Nazi is kind of a strong word and does seem to be bandied about a lot these days, but I see the humor in it particularly as it is being used with the soup nazi as an analogy.
Bottom line, if a Queenzoner cannot appreciate the work and time someone puts into making a file available, don't download it and keep quite.
Do not type 9 say in really whinny voice) " but it's not flac. I need flac. Whaa whaaa"

Posted: 02 Oct 06, 12:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'm not really offended by the word Nazi though i'm half German. I just don't think certain things should be posted here. Yes, I do see that there was humor intended but it can backfire.
I think that more people who is not knowledgeable of FLAC should learn enough to be able to download it and convert it for personal use. It would benefit them because there's a lot of great shows in FLAC that are being shared in other Bit sites. My collection is growing because I learned how to DL FLAC and convert. I just downloaded 3 shows over the weekend that were from master recordings, 2 of which I never seen in QZ before. Unfortunately, the person requested not to share in MP3 so I will respect that request. I will be posting some shows here that I have ( from QZ) in MP3 that are excellent in sound. But I will not convert my FLACs to share as MP3.

lucame user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 41 posts

Posted: 02 Oct 06, 15:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

retard like this poster should be shot when they are born.

FLAC is the superior format, mp3 are gay and you too.

Another Person user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 289 posts

Posted: 02 Oct 06, 19:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

we are all gay

The Real Wizard user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Real Wizard
Deity: 18639 posts

Posted: 03 Oct 06, 00:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Mike Van wrote:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Soup_Nazi_(Seinfeld_episode)

No downloads for you!

The draconian, arian ways of the flac nazis reminds me of Seinfeld's Soup Nazi episode. It astounds me how a few arrogant people can try to determine what people can download, and what format they can share it in.

More astounding is that the flac nazis can detect lossy formats with a frequency analyzer, but instead insist on a total ban of mp3's and blacklisting of those that convert from flac to mp3.

The arrogance of this arien race of flac nazis is unbelievable. They immediately disparrage the intelligence of anyone who downloads, shares or listens to mp3's.

The RIAA already tells me me that I can not listen to bootlegs. I'll be damned If I will let a flac nazi tell me what I can listen to.

The real reason that flac nazis want to shut down mp3 sharing is that it keeps rare stuff rare and maintains the value of their collections.

We gotta kick these fucking nazis.

Go to Dime and TTD and make that post. Let's see how long you'd last there. I'd assume about one hour.

Stop playing victim, especially when you're someone who refuses to learn how the world of collecting works.

I'll post this in every topic if need be: The minute this website enforces a non-mp3 policy, and users make it unanimously clear that lossless is the only to go, dozens of fantastic recordings will be shared here by me. Mark my word. I look forward to this day.

"The more generous you are with your music, the more it comes back to you." -- Dan Lampinski

http://www.queenlive.ca

Posted: 03 Oct 06, 00:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sir GH, forgive me if I am a little slow You say once the site mandates all downloads are flac, you will make files available. Why do you not make them available anyway?

The Real Wizard

Posted: 03 Oct 06, 00:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

coops wrote:

Sir GH, forgive me if I am a little slow You say once the site mandates all downloads are flac, you will make files available. Why do you not make them available anyway?

I've explained this in a few topics over the past couple days:

http://www.queenzone.com/queenzone/forumnew/forum_topic_view.aspx?Q=888776&page=3
http://www.queenzone.com/queenzone/forumnew/forum_topic_view.aspx?Q=891141&page=2
http://www.queenzone.com/queenzone/forumnew/forum_topic_view.aspx?Q=884553&page=2

"The more generous you are with your music, the more it comes back to you." -- Dan Lampinski

tgunn2760 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 301 posts

Posted: 03 Oct 06, 02:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Coops wrote:

"Sir GH, forgive me if I am a little slow You say once the site mandates all downloads are flac, you will make files available. Why do you not make them available anyway?"

TTD is all lossless trading. He hasn't shared anything there, but says he will, "in the coming WEEKS".

You know there are 52 WEEKS in a year, right?

Don't hold your breath waiting for that to happen, but you may want to join TTD and JAMTOTHIS, good files become available from time to time.

In TTD you can download two Queen DVDs, HAMMERSMITH 1975 and HOUSTON 1977.

The Real Wizard

Posted: 03 Oct 06, 05:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

tgunn2760 wrote:

You know there are 52 WEEKS in a year, right?

Just keep serving that ego of yours. You're doing a fine job so far.

lucame user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 41 posts

Posted: 03 Oct 06, 14:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sir GH is very much right, and i am glad that the kind of fucking morong that posted this thread cannot last on DIME or TTD.

MP3 is for retarded people, fuck them

cougar2400 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 203 posts

Posted: 07 Oct 06, 07:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

lucame wrote:

Sir GH is very much right, and i am glad that the kind of fucking morong that posted this thread cannot last on DIME or TTD.

MP3 is for retarded people, fuck them

From what i have seen in the time I have been coming here to QZ, the people who like MP3 seem to be peopel who want a quicker download and.or don't have alot of Hard drive space.
They don't seem to care if flac is better than MP3, they just want the show to listen to.

On other sites, people would rather have the best quality of show in flac form and couldn't care less about file size.

Too each his own I guess..

Yep.. I'm still around here...

For the last few months I have been quietly seeding alot of the shows I have gotten from here. No need to thank me, I'm just carrying on so that others can share in the enjoyment too..
:)

-=Please remember to stick around and seed... so others can share in the fun too..-=