Forums > Queen - General Discussion > Off to see Mr Rodgers tonight at the Albert Hall!

forum rss feed
Author

Togg user not visiting Queenzone.com
Togg
Deity: 2393 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 03 Oct 06, 03:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Should be a blast, I'm looking forward to seeing how he does the songs his own way.

"It is better to sit in silence and have people think you're a fool, then to open your mouth and remove all doubt"
Deacon Fan user not visiting Queenzone.com
on vacation
Deacon Fan
Royalty: 1757 posts

Posted: 03 Oct 06, 05:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Good deal :)

It's nice to see Paul spending the first half of the month on tour rather than doing something silly like recording with Queen :-P

Hooligan's Holiday user not visiting Queenzone.com
Hooligan's Holiday
Royalty: 1002 posts

Posted: 03 Oct 06, 16:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Togg wrote:

Should be a blast, I'm looking forward to seeing how he does the songs his own way.

Have fun!! :)

We are, we are the saints

We signed our life away

Doesn't matter what you think

We're gonna do it anyway

We are, we are the saints

One day you will confess

And pray to the

Saints of Los Angeles
teleman user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 740 posts

Posted: 03 Oct 06, 18:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I thought Mr. Rogers was dead. "Won't you be my neighbor" LOL

Have fun. Paul Rodgers got some 17 year old guitarist touring with him. Hope it's good.

stateside fan user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 632 posts

Posted: 03 Oct 06, 21:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

next week...Styx at the Irish Pub?

john pistlli
Togg

Posted: 04 Oct 06, 03:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Well it was a great show, no surprise, the band were hot and so was I in the third row at the front, Brian and Roger were in attendance however didn't play, but a certain Gary Moore did, and came up on stage to tear the place down, he can still rock with the best of them.

Paul got a great reaction from the crowd with all his old favs, too many to mention.

It was a good old rock and roll show with all the trappings, Brian looked to be enjoying himself with the guys afterwards and Paul dedicated Wishing Well to "the guys from Queen"

A great night, shame they close the M4 at night afterwards just to spoil my fun!

"It is better to sit in silence and have people think you're a fool, then to open your mouth and remove all doubt"
Donna13 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1683 posts

Posted: 04 Oct 06, 10:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

write your letters in the sand user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 346 posts

Posted: 04 Oct 06, 10:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Togg wrote:

Well it was a great show, no surprise, the band were hot and so was I in the third row at the front, Brian and Roger were in attendance however didn't play, but a certain Gary Moore did, and came up on stage to tear the place down, he can still rock with the best of them.

Paul got a great reaction from the crowd with all his old favs, too many to mention.

It was a good old rock and roll show with all the trappings, Brian looked to be enjoying himself with the guys afterwards and Paul dedicated Wishing Well to "the guys from Queen"

A great night, shame they close the M4 at night afterwards just to spoil my fun!

Thanks for this Togg. Glad you had a good time. Did Steve Rodgers perform? If yes, are you able to share any observations? Thanks again.

CQ: are you out on the trail again? :)

Ready Freddie?
Togg

Posted: 04 Oct 06, 10:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

No Steve didn't perform (that I'm aware of I wouldn't recognise him)

Paul seemed pretty pleased with the show, the band were very tight, and his lead guitarist (ex heart guitarist) was amazing but I have to say he looks like an ordinary bloke not a rock star and is in urgent need of a good hair cut!!

Anyway sound was good although as I often find in the Albert Hall the vocal can get lost. Paul asked if the sound was good but I don't think he waited to hear the answer!

Brian was standing in a corridor after the show and talking to the band, he seemed very up and was wearing his long black coat, very rock n roll, didn't see Roger but he was there, as were Anita and Spike and Jamie I believe.

Paul's other guitarist the 17 year old was stunning and clearly has a great career ahead of him.

Paul handed out plectrums to people on the front row and took a bunch of flowers at the end. he ended the show with him doing Seagull alone on stage.

Gary Moore was a great surprise, man he can still play, but the years haven't been kind to him and he know looks even less like a rock god, however he still have the magic touch.

He seemed unhappy with his amps set-up to begin with and tweaked it several times during his performance. But by the end he was as clear as a bell.

It would have been amazing if Brian would have joined them I spent some time looking around the stage for a hidden AC30 but it was not to be!

Nevertheless and great show that brought back fond memories of the Queen tour and my long lost youth listening to Free & Bad Company albums