Forums > Queen - General Discussion > We Are The Champions

forum rss feed
Author

FreMe user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2329 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 05 Oct 06, 03:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

All of a sudden my mum asks me if I wanna go to the theater with her to see that musical :D..
I was so happy that I started to scream and jump all over :D..So tomorrow I'm going to see a Queen musical.. I just dont know anything about this one, apart from that it is a musical with Queens music.
Can anyone please give me some information about it?


O_o
Crezchi user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 664 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 05 Oct 06, 03:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<font color=FFFFOO>FreMe Mercury wrote:

All of a sudden my mum asks me if I wanna go to the theater with her to see that musical :D..
I was so happy that I started to scream and jump all over :D..So tomorrow I'm going to see a Queen musical.. I just dont know anything about this one, apart from that it is a musical with Queens music.
Can anyone please give me some information about it?


First of all, it isn't called "We Are The Champions" It is "We Will Rock You" Obviously you wanted to post this for humour?


Hello you rock and rollers!
FreMe user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2329 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 05 Oct 06, 03:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<font color=?B2F><b>Crezchi wrote:

<font color=FFFFOO>FreMe Mercury wrote:

All of a sudden my mum asks me if I wanna go to the theater with her to see that musical :D..
I was so happy that I started to scream and jump all over :D..So tomorrow I'm going to see a Queen musical.. I just dont know anything about this one, apart from that it is a musical with Queens music.
Can anyone please give me some information about it?


First of all, it isn't called "We Are The Champions" It is "We Will Rock You" Obviously you wanted to post this for humour?


No, this musical is called We Are The Champions :S.. I did'nt hear about befor a few weeks ago in a radio comercial, and YES it is Queens music they use... But that's all know :P


O_o
stateside fan user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 632 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 05 Oct 06, 04:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

should have been called "another one bites the dust" as it sounds like a short run.


john pistlli
Crezchi user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 664 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 05 Oct 06, 04:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<font color=FFFFOO>FreMe Mercury wrote:

<font color=?B2F><b>Crezchi wrote:

<font color=FFFFOO>FreMe Mercury wrote:

All of a sudden my mum asks me if I wanna go to the theater with her to see that musical :D..
I was so happy that I started to scream and jump all over :D..So tomorrow I'm going to see a Queen musical.. I just dont know anything about this one, apart from that it is a musical with Queens music.
Can anyone please give me some information about it?


First of all, it isn't called "We Are The Champions" It is "We Will Rock You" Obviously you wanted to post this for humour?


No, this musical is called We Are The Champions :S.. I did'nt hear about befor a few weeks ago in a radio comercial, and YES it is Queens music they use... But that's all know :P


Never heard of it! lol


Hello you rock and rollers!
FreMe user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2329 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 05 Oct 06, 06:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sheesh, who cares.. It's Queens music, so I wondered if anybody had evr heard of it :S.. maybe it's a special show in Denmark or something, I dont know.. I still think it's cool!


O_o
RETROLOVE user not visiting Queenzone.com
RETROLOVE
Deity: 2522 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 05 Oct 06, 06:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Have a good time Freme!


Loving the pass, cherishing the present, and looking forward to the future

QUEENROCKS_1991 user not visiting Queenzone.com
QUEENROCKS_1991
Bohemian: 260 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 05 Oct 06, 06:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

maybe it a Tribute band your seeing because their Musical show is called we will rock you and they wont change it to we are the champion so it might be something else
where is the link of the show your seeing ? i look it up cant see anything


THE SHOW MUST GO ON
QUEENROCKS_1991 user not visiting Queenzone.com
QUEENROCKS_1991
Bohemian: 260 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 05 Oct 06, 06:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

There is a show on in Germany and it called we will rock you

Here the link and hope it helps that if your going to this one


http://www.capitolmusic.de/xml/1/3252496/3115002.html


THE SHOW MUST GO ON
QUEENROCKS_1991 user not visiting Queenzone.com
QUEENROCKS_1991
Bohemian: 260 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 05 Oct 06, 06:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

dont know if it the nearerst but that 1 big show in germany but i beleive maybe your seeing a tribute band but anyway who cares as long as your gonna rock and enjoy the show if you havent seen the big show like we will rock you beg your mum to take you there it will blow your mind ;) it worth going believe me ask others that seen it they will tell you :)


THE SHOW MUST GO ON
QUEENROCKS_1991 user not visiting Queenzone.com
QUEENROCKS_1991
Bohemian: 260 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 05 Oct 06, 06:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

dont know where i pick germany from lol i have a family out there and must be thinking of them and germany and the show too lol then i realise this is denmark she talking about my mistake but then again the show is in germany anyway not sure if they have 1 in denmark ? anyone know ?


THE SHOW MUST GO ON
Wiley user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1704 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 05 Oct 06, 11:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

There is no production of We Will Rock You in Denmark. That's for sure. I think I remember a show under the We are the champions name but I don't know a lot about it. A quick search on Google revealed the following (the page was in German and this was a rough translation):

"it's a spectacular Musical-show over largest successes of Queen and over the phenomenon Freddie Mercury... Johnny Zatylny in the role of Freddie Mercury captivates by his nearly uncanny similarity in appearance and voice..."

So it appears to be a tribute musical of some sort, but I don't think it's a tribute band but something related to the story of Queen with a guy that kinda resembles Freddie. You can check the following page and get more information: http://www.allgaeu-concerts.de/html/we_are_the_champions.html.

My German is pretty basic and I had to use the Altavista translator to get what I said in the previous paragraph.

QUEENROCKS_1991 user not visiting Queenzone.com
QUEENROCKS_1991
Bohemian: 260 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 05 Oct 06, 12:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

ah there the answer thanks and sound like a tribute to me so that cool have fun at the show :)


THE SHOW MUST GO ON
Micrówave user not visiting Queenzone.com
Delilah, on Medium Power
Micrówave
Deity: 7037 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 05 Oct 06, 12:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

That guy looks more like Annie Lennox than Freddie!

FreMe user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2329 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 05 Oct 06, 14:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I can give you details tomorrow night :S.. I'm getting very curious too...


O_o
QUEENROCKS_1991 user not visiting Queenzone.com
QUEENROCKS_1991
Bohemian: 260 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 05 Oct 06, 15:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

yes do that and tell us all about it have a great night


THE SHOW MUST GO ON
mattsmith user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 125 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 05 Oct 06, 15:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

This post refers to a tribute band called
Magic - A Kind of Queen.
It is their latest tour that is called "We are the champions".
I have seen them perform very locally to me last year and they are awesome.
I have tickets booked to see them again in april of next year.
Well worth the ticket price to hear a lot of old classics and regulars performed as well as "newer" Queen stuff that was never performed live. i.e: Breakthru, Innuendo and such.

Matt.


Innuendo or Kashmir? Both awesome!
QUEENROCKS_1991 user not visiting Queenzone.com
QUEENROCKS_1991
Bohemian: 260 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 05 Oct 06, 16:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

i saw them 10 times lol yes they are good they play in Clacton on sea they coming on Nov this year that will be my 11th time now lol



THE SHOW MUST GO ON
FreMe user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2329 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 07 Oct 06, 04:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Okay, that was absolutely amazing!
It was'nt really a musical, like my mum said it would be, but a special coverband concert...
A bunch of Germans had dressed up like Queen (they did'nt really look that much like them apart from the guy who played Brian.. He was SO HOTTT!!!!!!! And the costumes where well maid) And then they sang their songs and performed with *Queen moves*.. And they were SO good! It included a bass, drumm and guitar solo, and they could play fucking well! And they had this amazing lightshow, and.. Oh it was all there.. apart fom a decent audience :/

Most of them were from 40-60 so it took them a while to get to sing along and clap along as they wanted us to :D
I was seconds from headbanging and play airguitar, but did'nt xD
I did pull my mum up in front with me during one of the songs where we stood up to (we had seats, but I did'nt care!)
And I sang alog of full hart and stuff.. I'm SO glad that I could'nt see myself xD! But it was great, it really was!
And in the end some of the younger audience gave it some more life ;).. I got the bands autographs btw :D


O_o