Forums > Sharing The Music - Announce > ANNOUNCE: 24.10.1982 Osaka/Nishinomiya, Japan COMPLETE FLAC

forum rss feed
Author

Pierre user not visiting Queenzone.com
Pierre
Bohemian: 294 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 05 Oct 06, 15:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

thanx very nice !

Queen 2 Forever.
Sithmarauder user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1082 posts

Posted: 05 Oct 06, 15:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thank you very much!

"If we look half as good to you as you do to me, we must look good" Brian May

"No, Innuendo is not an Italian suppository, it's a Queen album."
Another Person user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 289 posts

Posted: 05 Oct 06, 16:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

thanks bunchz Joachim

fernandosales user not visiting Queenzone.com
fernandosales
Bohemian: 331 posts

Posted: 05 Oct 06, 16:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thanks man. DL now!

andy1962 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 502 posts

Posted: 05 Oct 06, 16:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

thanks for this really gratfull i will download tomorrow as i have a few things on the go at the moment,so glad to have some nice shows on here.
many thanks

vivequeen user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 327 posts

Posted: 05 Oct 06, 16:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

MERCI BEAUCOUP

Marknow user not visiting Queenzone.com
Hello
Marknow
Deity: 2878 posts

Posted: 05 Oct 06, 16:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Good work Fella.

Arse.

Posted: 05 Oct 06, 17:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

could not resist it i have stopped what i was doing and am now finishing downloading the last 4 parts should have them in about ten minutes.is it best to burn striaght to disc?which is best program to use to listen to on pc?thank you for this.a blue peter badge is on it's way to you as i speak.lol....let,s hope we all get some great queen shows here now like this and sir gh.let see what the others have to offer?????????
once again thank you very much**********

Attachment: 1117829088.jpg 3 KB
This has been downloaded 134 time(s).

Posted: 05 Oct 06, 17:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

just burned to disc and listening to it now.nice quality in fact first class.well done and thank you for this

Tim June user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 366 posts

Posted: 05 Oct 06, 19:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Super! Thank you very much, for this great concert in this sound quality. Much better then Get Down vinyl bootleg.

It`s a joy to listen.

life could be magic if we break free
The Real Wizard user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Real Wizard
Deity: 18639 posts

Posted: 06 Oct 06, 01:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

andy1962 wrote:

is it best to burn striaght to disc?which is best program to use to listen to on pc?thank you for this

I'd say your best bet is to download WinAmp, and the FLAC plugin for WinAmp. As for burning, I'd recommend burning DVD-ROMs. They're just as cheap as CDRs, so why not?

Have they invented a portable player that supports FLAC yet? If not, then I hope they do soon!

"The more generous you are with your music, the more it comes back to you." -- Dan Lampinski

http://www.queenlive.ca
TheGame user not visiting Queenzone.com
Yes dear, i DO want it all ;)
TheGame
Royalty: 1076 posts

Posted: 06 Oct 06, 02:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Nice to see something actually happening, and perhaps we get the snowball running ourselves.
I`ve decided to share something from my collection also in lossless. I dont know what yet.
However, i have to wait until i`ve fixed my computer. Yes, it have died again, unbelievable!

The Real Wizard

Posted: 06 Oct 06, 02:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

TheGame wrote:

Nice to see something actually happening, and perhaps we get the snowball running ourselves.
I`ve decided to share something from my collection also in lossless. I dont know what yet.
However, i have to wait until i`ve fixed my computer. Yes, it have died again, unbelievable!

Ah man, I'm sorry to hear that... again!

"The more generous you are with your music, the more it comes back to you." -- Dan Lampinski

PBB user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1425 posts

Posted: 06 Oct 06, 02:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

THX.

Look out, take care, there's a lot of music out there...
928 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 404 posts

Posted: 06 Oct 06, 03:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

(use nero express to burn & dont forget to tick the box to remove the 2 second gaps between songs)

Flac plugin for nero.....

http://www.bitburners.com/Nero_Audio_Plugins_by_MauSau/

follow the instructions to install and then burn your lossless flacs in nero as you would your orrible ,nasty ,lossy mp3's...hehehe.
Now you have EXACTLY what was recorded on THE night.

LOSSLESS v LOSSY

I try to keep my terminology straight. In other words, I refer to lossy codecs as encoders, and lossless codecs as compressors. It's a subtle difference, and one you'll see ignored by some people, who use the terms interchangably [encoder & compressor].

But lossless codecs do not "encode" per se. They merely compress [crunch]. Lossy codecs, on the other hand, do more than compress:
they encode, which involves discarding selected bits deemed unnecessary.

It's a known fact that the human ear has difficulty detecting a soft note played immediately after a loud one [e.g. a quiet whisper following a loud shout]. The lossy encoder will see this and discard the bits representing soft notes immediately following loud ones.

The goal here is to generate a smaller file with [hopefully] minimal loss of audio fidelity. It's also known that humans have trouble hearing sounds above 16-KHz.

This is why lossy codecs will discard all audio information above the 16-KHz threshold when they're configured to output the smallest possible files [lowest bit-rates].

Most of the time, lossy encoders makes good decisions regarding which bits of audio information to keep and which bits to discard. But not always. Certain types of music are more difficult to encode than others. [Music that contains a lot of "transients" is particularly difficult to encode.]

Music that is more difficult to encode has a greater chance of 'tricking' the encoder into making poor decisions about which bits keep/discard. This is especially true with lower bit-rate files [<128-kbps], where each bit is crucial to preserving the quality of the music.

Last note:
Imagine yourself in the future for a minute.

You've got your mp3(which was lossy to start with) ,and you've put it on your CD to play as normal.
...a year later you decide to share ,so you rip it into Mp3 again - losing more from what was already lost to start with.
And the cycle continues.
In 10 years time YOU will be complaining that the quality isnt good on that show.

..This is why you need to learn about lossless

Same with video

The Real Wizard

Posted: 06 Oct 06, 03:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

928 wrote:

It's a known fact that the human ear has difficulty detecting a soft note played immediately after a loud one [e.g. a quiet whisper following a loud shout]. The lossy encoder will see this and discard the bits representing soft notes immediately following loud ones.

The goal here is to generate a smaller file with [hopefully] minimal loss of audio fidelity. It's also known that humans have trouble hearing sounds above 16-KHz.

This is why lossy codecs will discard all audio information above the 16-KHz threshold when they're configured to output the smallest possible files [lowest bit-rates].

Most of the time, lossy encoders makes good decisions regarding which bits of audio information to keep and which bits to discard. But not always. Certain types of music are more difficult to encode than others. [Music that contains a lot of "transients" is particularly difficult to encode.]

Music that is more difficult to encode has a greater chance of 'tricking' the encoder into making poor decisions about which bits keep/discard. This is especially true with lower bit-rate files [<128-kbps], where each bit is crucial to preserving the quality of the music.

Very interesting post!

Nummer2 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 863 posts

Posted: 06 Oct 06, 04:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Tatterdemalion, you're great! Many thanks!

Is there anybody willing to put the show up as a torrent if he has downloaded it completely? IMO files of that size are better to handle as torrent, it takes longer, but you don't have to think about (or pay for) the download.

... I'll be back again before it's time for sunny-down ...
Queenman!! user not visiting Queenzone.com
Queenman!!
Bohemian: 931 posts

Posted: 06 Oct 06, 04:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I prefer a torrent too. But thanks anyway for uploading. Great concert!

You made us laugh, you made us cry, you made us feel like we could fly!
Sithmarauder user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1082 posts

Posted: 06 Oct 06, 05:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

928 wrote:

(use nero express to burn & dont forget to tick the box to remove the 2 second gaps between songs)

Flac plugin for nero.....

http://www.bitburners.com/Nero_Audio_Plugins_by_MauSau/

follow the instructions to install and then burn your lossless flacs in nero as you would your orrible ,nasty ,lossy mp3's...hehehe.
Now you have EXACTLY what was recorded on THE night.

LOSSLESS v LOSSY

I try to keep my terminology straight. In other words, I refer to lossy codecs as encoders, and lossless codecs as compressors. It's a subtle difference, and one you'll see ignored by some people, who use the terms interchangably [encoder & compressor].

But lossless codecs do not "encode" per se. They merely compress [crunch]. Lossy codecs, on the other hand, do more than compress:
they encode, which involves discarding selected bits deemed unnecessary.

Last note:
Imagine yourself in the future for a minute.

You've got your mp3(which was lossy to start with) ,and you've put it on your CD to play as normal.
...a year later you decide to share ,so you rip it into Mp3 again - losing more from what was already lost to start with.
And the cycle continues.
In 10 years time YOU will be complaining that the quality isnt good on that show.

..This is why you need to learn about lossless

Same with video

Education post of the year. Thank you for this info 928! You should have made this a New Announce.
This was worth reading. Very Interesting.

"If we look half as good to you as you do to me, we must look good" Brian May

"No, Innuendo is not an Italian suppository, it's a Queen album."
pow wow user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 423 posts

Posted: 06 Oct 06, 06:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thank you very much for sharing this, appreciated.

"....you don't get that on X-Factor do you"