Forums > Queen - Serious Discussion > BBC Session #6 Official release

forum rss feed
Author

rhyeking user not visiting Queenzone.com
rhyeking
Royalty: 1566 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 05 Oct 06, 22:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Just to make people's heads hurt, does the fact that Queen has issued the Official Bootleg "Rhapsody In Red" at the 'Queen: Official Download Shop' mean the 6th BBC session recordings are officially released now?

Seriously, I looked up the release just now and lo, the first four downloadable tracks are of that BBC session. The rest is the 1975 Hammersmith Odeon concert (less "Rhye").

I didn't actually download them (got'em already), so I don't know if they've got the God awful crowd noise dubbed over them, or if they're the clean version.

It's an authorized Queen release now, according to the Shop, where you pay cash money to them right this second and get the music.

Wilki Amieva user not visiting Queenzone.com
We must all HEAR to believe
Wilki Amieva
Royalty: 1420 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 06 Oct 06, 09:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Well, not to be pedantic, but that session was officially released already. It is, in full, on several promo transcription discs (there is a superb CD, with a lot of KANSAS tracks also in there).

The Real Wizard user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Real Wizard
Deity: 18638 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 06 Oct 06, 11:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Wilki Amieva wrote:

Well, not to be pedantic, but that session was officially released already. It is, in full, on several promo transcription discs (there is a superb CD, with a lot of KANSAS tracks also in there).


But even that one has the audience noise too. It was called "Middlesex 1978".

I just think we need someone with a good version to upload it in FLAC once and for all. We still don't have definitive versions of the 2nd, 4th, 5th, and 6th BBC sessions.



"The more generous you are with your music, the more it comes back to you." -- Dan Lampinski



http://www.queenlive.ca
Wilki Amieva user not visiting Queenzone.com
We must all HEAR to believe
Wilki Amieva
Royalty: 1420 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 06 Oct 06, 12:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Well, the transcription discs do NOT have the 'fake' audience noise.

By the way, does anybody know if the new Japanese CD bootleg from these sessions comes from a lossless source?

John S Stuart user not visiting Queenzone.com
John S Stuart
Deity: 4178 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 06 Oct 06, 14:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sir GH<br><h6>ah yeah</h6> wrote:

Wilki Amieva wrote:

Well, not to be pedantic, but that session was officially released already. It is, in full, on several promo transcription discs (there is a superb CD, with a lot of KANSAS tracks also in there).


But even that one has the audience noise too. It was called "Middlesex 1978".

I just think we need someone with a good version to upload it in FLAC once and for all. We still don't have definitive versions of the 2nd, 4th, 5th, and 6th BBC sessions.


Well I did offer..
Hell, I would even throw in a copy of the Golder's Green concert directly from the BBC Master tape...

But no-one seems interested.



"Listen to them. Children of the night. What music they make."
Lester Burnham user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5870 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 06 Oct 06, 17:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Argh, I'm interested! I just don't have 'Face It Alone'...

Rick user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4796 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 06 Oct 06, 18:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

John, interested in a test pressing of Hot Space? :-P


John: "It's the one thing I wish I could do - sing."

John S Stuart user not visiting Queenzone.com
John S Stuart
Deity: 4178 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 07 Oct 06, 06:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Rick wrote:

John, interested in a test pressing of Hot Space? :-P


Thank you Rick, but no - you keep it, I am not out to rip anyone off.

Heaven forbid that I would actually steal someone's rarities for a copy of a disc.

However, when 'Face It Alone' eventually leaks (and it will either in public or private), I will keep my promise! So I guess it's just a case of us all waiting together.


"Listen to them. Children of the night. What music they make."
John S Stuart user not visiting Queenzone.com
John S Stuart
Deity: 4178 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 07 Oct 06, 06:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Double post: Sorry about this, but it always seems to happen after a 'sticky' type page. (NO not porno!).


"Listen to them. Children of the night. What music they make."
Rick user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4796 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 07 Oct 06, 08:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Ofcourse I was joking, John. ;-)

It's indeed a matter of time.


John: "It's the one thing I wish I could do - sing."

Bobby_brown user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2300 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 09 Oct 06, 15:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

John S Stuart wrote: However, when 'Face It Alone' eventually leaks (and it will either in public or private), I will keep my promise! So I guess it's just a case of us all waiting together.



But you´re aware that in a near future this is a terrible negotiation for you, don´t you?

Take care