Forums > Queen - General Discussion > How Many Live Shows Are There On DVD

forum rss feed
Author

Bohemian Rahpsody user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 105 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 07 Oct 06, 09:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hello All,

I wanted to know exactly how many live shows there are of Queen, that are on legal DVD in Australia. I am not allowed to download things from the internet (my family are paranoid about viruses, but it's understandable), so I wanted to get as many as I can on DVD. My friend has something called limewire, and he got me Queen's live Aid performance (yay!). I saw that they did a show at Earls Court, and that it was advertised here, sadly though my friend couldn't find it on LimeWire. Any ideas if they ever made a DVD of it, or a Live Show from the Seventies. I enjoy their seventies work more than the eightees (although I dearly love both) and wanted some of their earlier stuff. I have Wembly on CD and am going to get Live At The Bowl on DVD (when I can find a blasted money tree....)

Thank you very much,

B.R

Freddies Lover
thomasquinn 32989 user not visiting Queenzone.com
thomasquinn 32989
Deity: 6256 posts

Posted: 07 Oct 06, 09:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Shoot your friend. Live Aid is an official release, with the proceeds going TO CHARITY. Buy the DVD-set.

As for official concert releases:

QPL:
Live At Wembley Stadium ('86)
On Fire: Live At The Bowl ('82)
Freddie Mercury Tribute Concert ('92)

OTHER:
We Will Rock You (Montreal '81)

Not Plutus but Apollo rules Parnassus

Bohemian Rahpsody user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 105 posts

Posted: 07 Oct 06, 09:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

As for the Live Aid Concert, I ordered it in to months ago from a store called JB Hi-Fi and I will be picking it up when I next go to Perth City, I just wanted the Queen part to show my friends, but I wanted the whole show anyway.

Thank you very much for the information on those releases. I had another question though, I have seen the links to some concerts on the site, and if anyone has one that they could e-mail to me, that would be much appreciated, as I cannot get the software to download them myself. As it seems there are no shows from the seventies I must ask this. I don't have a large scope of technological knowledge (connecting to dial-up is about as far as I get usually), so if someone could e-mail it to me as an attatchment (if that's possible), then THANKS A MILLION!!!!!!!!

Again I would really appreciate it!

B.R

PS: I bought the Live 8 concert as well, so does the money that I paid go to the cause?

Freddies Lover
rocks. user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1808 posts

Posted: 07 Oct 06, 09:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yes the money that you paid goes to the cause :D

david (galashiels) user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2020 posts

Posted: 07 Oct 06, 13:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

maybe i am wrong-but other live releases-live in japan,live in budapest-if im wrong my appologies

guild93 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Melbourne, Australia
guild93
Bohemian: 310 posts

Posted: 07 Oct 06, 20:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'm from Melbourne and I've got some unofficial DVD's in excellent quality , e-mail me privately lukemullens@hotmail.com if interested

thomasquinn 32989 user not visiting Queenzone.com
thomasquinn 32989
Deity: 6256 posts

Posted: 08 Oct 06, 07:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

galashiels wrote:

maybe i am wrong-but other live releases-live in japan,live in budapest-if im wrong my appologies

Those are semi-official.

Not Plutus but Apollo rules Parnassus