Forums > Queen - Serious Discussion > Queen in studio this month?

forum rss feed
Author

Another Roger (re) user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 442 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 08 Oct 06, 09:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Didnt Brian May say that they had booked studiotime this month? I thought he mentioned that on the soapbox.Anyone know?

Basically blind em and deaf em in the first 10 minutes, and while they are recovering from that put in the less good songs
Jjeroen user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4781 posts

Posted: 08 Oct 06, 09:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

They're busy as we speak, yes.

FriedChicken user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 10641 posts

Posted: 09 Oct 06, 03:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Though i still doubt it

"On the first day Pim & Niek created a heavenly occupation. Pim & Niek blessed it and named it 'Loosch'."

(Genesis 1:1)
Rick user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4796 posts

Posted: 09 Oct 06, 03:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It they don't play with pinguins or watch silly cartoons, then yes, they will hit the studio.

John: "It's the one thing I wish I could do - sing."

Togg user not visiting Queenzone.com
Togg
Deity: 2393 posts

Posted: 09 Oct 06, 06:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I don't think serious work will start till after Paul's tour so end of October is looking more promising I suspect, however I wouldn't be surprised if they have sneaked a few days so far.

"It is better to sit in silence and have people think you're a fool, then to open your mouth and remove all doubt"
The Fake Greg Brooks user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Fake Greg Brooks
Rocker: 44 posts

Posted: 09 Oct 06, 15:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Three tracks have already been recorded and are only missing Paul's final vocal. Very shocking who's playing bass.

Posted: 09 Oct 06, 16:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The Fake Greg Brooks wrote:

Three tracks have already been recorded and are only missing Paul's final vocal. Very shocking who's playing bass.

Lol - Yeah Neil is frightning, isn't he?

Another Roger (re) user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 442 posts

Posted: 09 Oct 06, 16:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

"Three tracks have already been recorded and are only missing Paul's final vocal. Very shocking who's playing bass. "

How do we know this?

Basically blind em and deaf em in the first 10 minutes, and while they are recovering from that put in the less good songs

Posted: 09 Oct 06, 16:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

He doesn't know anything! ;-)))

FriedChicken user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 10641 posts

Posted: 09 Oct 06, 17:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I really wonder who will play bass. My best guess is Brian and Roger and Danny Miranda.

Or maybe even Neil Murray. I really HOPE there won't be more of those musical jerks in it.
I hope that they will also not include SPike in this project

"On the first day Pim & Niek created a heavenly occupation. Pim & Niek blessed it and named it 'Loosch'."

(Genesis 1:1)
Deacons 1st Choice user not visiting Queenzone.com
Deacons 1st Choice
Bohemian: 603 posts

Posted: 09 Oct 06, 21:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Of course Spike will be involved...

He's basically been referred to as "the fifth memeber of Queen" several times over the years by the band themselves.

Surely he will be in the background adding keys...he has for most of the other later Queen projects, and solo material too am i right?

The Real Wizard user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Real Wizard
Deity: 18638 posts

Posted: 09 Oct 06, 21:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

FriedChicken<br><font size=1>The Almighty</font> wrote:

I really wonder who will play bass. My best guess is Brian and Roger and Danny Miranda.

Or maybe even Neil Murray. I really HOPE there won't be more of those musical jerks in it.
I hope that they will also not include SPike in this project

I agree. Brian is an adequate keyboardist, and made all the right stuff happen on his solo albums. This shouldn't change.

If this album is a mix of Happiness and Another World with Paul's touch, then I'll be an incredibly happy man. But if it's a bunch of songs like Take Love, I won't be too thrilled.

I also think they should get a new band name like the Foo Fighters or Audioslave did. With the name Queen, it will be compared to their previous work by everyone, fans included, and it won't compare, because Freddie isn't there. But if they have a new name, it will be taken as a new project, and it will be highly anticipated by everyone. I think they're deemed to failure if they use the name Queen without Freddie on a new studio album.

"The more generous you are with your music, the more it comes back to you." -- Dan Lampinski

http://www.queenlive.ca
Panchgani user not visiting Queenzone.com
St Peter's Burnt Piano
Panchgani
Deity: 6374 posts

Posted: 09 Oct 06, 22:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The Queen name will be used because it will likely maximize sales. The band name is relatively unimportant in comparison to the quality of the music.

Roger: I like it. If you don't. Sod you!

Queen song poll: http://home.comcast.net/~vantricers/index.html

B-52's: I, I, I'm lookin for some fun - waitin for the REAL Queen Box Sets to come
The Real Wizard user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Real Wizard
Deity: 18638 posts

Posted: 09 Oct 06, 23:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yes, but they'll be accused of cashing in on their old name, which commercially, is associated mostly with Freddie. This wouldn't happen if they chose a new name. It's all about what they think matters most: artistic integrity, or money. Besides, with the right amount of marketing, a new name could work out very well, music aside.

"The more generous you are with your music, the more it comes back to you." -- Dan Lampinski

http://www.queenlive.ca
bobo the chimp user not visiting Queenzone.com
bobo the chimp
Deity: 12703 posts

Posted: 09 Oct 06, 23:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

So I wonder if we'll be hearing any piece-meal snippets of Freddie to justify usage of the big Q word?? :P

Either way I won't be complaining till I hear it. I'll judge the music first - then I'll get heavy on the name they pick. Heh.

"Your not funny, your not a good musician, theres a difference between being funny and being an idiot, you obviously being the latter" - Dave R Fuller
fantasticcircus user not visiting Queenzone.com

Posted: 09 Oct 06, 23:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'm looking forward to it... I finally listened to their vesion of "Imagine" last night... and I liked it... the sound was terrible... that would be a nice cover... if the wanted... it is a song that is always relevant. I'm just ready to hear new stuff and get them down to Texas.

Projector Freddie user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 113 posts

Posted: 10 Oct 06, 00:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

there are bound to be many unused freddie vocals that are of decent quality. all that needs to be done is remastering and them being added to music. As we all know "you dont fool me" was barely a complete song, but they made it into a great one.

Togg user not visiting Queenzone.com
Togg
Deity: 2393 posts

Posted: 10 Oct 06, 11:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I hope they use Danny, he did a great job on tour and deserves the chance to do the album with them, plus the fact that the whole Q+PR team were at the Paul Rodgers gig in London last week seems to me they are a unit now, so maybe even Jamie will be involved on second guitar?

"It is better to sit in silence and have people think you're a fool, then to open your mouth and remove all doubt"
bobo the chimp user not visiting Queenzone.com
bobo the chimp
Deity: 12703 posts

Posted: 10 Oct 06, 12:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

You Don't Fool Me suffered for being a 'skeleton' as Roger called it, but it was still more than servicable (and, arguably, not as bad as one or two of the songs they released while Freddie was alive?). I quite like the track, honestly.

So - I think there's something to be said for making new songs out of sparse vocals they recorded ages ago. At least one song - an opportunity to pass the torch, or at the very least say 'hi there'. Hehe. I'm talking bullshit now.

"Your not funny, your not a good musician, theres a difference between being funny and being an idiot, you obviously being the latter" - Dave R Fuller
Going Back user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 483 posts

Posted: 10 Oct 06, 15:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

freddie, please ! even one song with freddie on vocals and i could buy the album !