Forums > Queen - General Discussion > Has anyone ever met Freddie?

forum rss feed
Author

Freddies Delilah user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 420 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 10 Oct 06, 01:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hi, I've just joined QueenZone... great place!

Has anyone here ever met Freddie or someone close to Freddie (Mary Austin, Jim Huttin, Peter Freestone, etc)?

I'm only asking because I only wish I could have met him!!! He died before I was born, though...

Four old ladies, still rocking away :)
Smitty user not visiting Queenzone.com
Cool, we have display messages
Smitty
Deity: 6196 posts

Posted: 10 Oct 06, 03:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Freddies Delilah wrote:

Hi, I've just joined QueenZone... great place!

I have nothing to add to the initial question but within 2 weeks, your opinion stated in the above quote will change considerably.

Opera user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 25 posts

Posted: 10 Oct 06, 05:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I met freddie in 1984, in Sanremo (Italy), for a festival...I'm an old queen fan...

He was very nice....

I have a discussion here, were I tell evrything...
Sorry for my English...

The show must go on!!!
olly1988 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 159 posts

Posted: 10 Oct 06, 06:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I am also to young to have met him but my uncle did in 1988 at the Olypia antiques fayre. He got my grandma a autograph and she gave it me just before she died, my prized possesion.
My uncle not being much of a Queen fan just said how small freddie looked compared to on stage. He must have covered his illness up as he was into full blown aids then wasnt he?

Nuno user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 285 posts

Posted: 10 Oct 06, 06:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I met Jim Hutton at the convention for the last few years

Seemed a nice enough guy

Spoke very highly of John more than Brian and Roger

back off with your Megaton
Sweetie user not visiting Queenzone.com
shitbrick
Sweetie
Deity: 2835 posts

Posted: 10 Oct 06, 06:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Nuno wrote:

I met Jim Hutton at the convention for the last few years

Seemed a nice enough guy

Spoke very highly of John more than Brian and Roger

Yeah, Apparently he took to John most.

Evil will always triumph 'cause good is dumb.
FVBVA user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 54 posts

Posted: 10 Oct 06, 07:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

hi delilah,

i met with peter freestone last may after a queen tribute band concert.the concert was magnificant.i count myself as i met with freddie after i saw craig pesco he is the biggest fan of him.he was great that night.craig pesco=freddie mercury.peter was very kind and he told us abouy freddie's great personality and geniousity.

Asterik user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 649 posts

Posted: 10 Oct 06, 11:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

This thread is just inviting balmy responses, I know it, like the man who met Fredie-dressed incognito as a pizza delivery man- in 1996.

hj
queen mercury 33542 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 576 posts

Posted: 10 Oct 06, 13:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hello and welcome, my dear! I'd never met Freddie, or Mary, Jim, or Peter. I would have been neat to have met Freddie. My mom saw Queen in concert in 1978 at the ud arina though. That's in dayton Ohio and she can't remember what Freddie looked like, but it's all good. Smile. His voice is so beautiful. It touches my heart.

NA
Baneé user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 158 posts

Posted: 10 Oct 06, 15:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Opera wrote:

I met freddie in 1984, in Sanremo (Italy), for a festival...I'm an old queen fan...

He was very nice....

I have a discussion here, were I tell evrything...
Sorry for my English...

Lucky you! I don't know why you had a discussion here, but personally, I'd loved you tell me more about that meeting with Freddie :)

"Life is much too short to while away with tears".
Sherwood Forest user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 3547 posts

Posted: 10 Oct 06, 17:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

youve joined a board with a bunch of young immature idiots so i doubt many have actually seen him in person

the serious board has some oldies check there

One should ANALize the Poetry on page 43, when Oedipus is rollin' in his benzo and he has to bust a cap on some flagrants in the under city

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/image/essay/1
dvidal1971 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 10 posts

Posted: 10 Oct 06, 18:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

i met freddie in 1988 in barcelona. he signed me some photos and a t-shirt. my best day in life¡¡¡

7 seas of Rhye user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1817 posts

Posted: 10 Oct 06, 18:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

dvidal1971 wrote:

i met freddie in 1988 in barcelona. he signed me some photos and a t-shirt. my best day in life¡¡¡

You lucky duck!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdoo21lvza8

^greatest video ever made

"If I get the answer wrong, you can kick me in the nuts" -Sean

I am the most obsessed Queen fan.
dvidal1971 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 10 posts

Posted: 10 Oct 06, 18:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

ah...i meet brian and roger too. in barcelona´s airport.

jjaaccoo user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 18 posts

Posted: 10 Oct 06, 18:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sherwood Forest

"you've joined a board with a bunch of young immature idiots so i doubt many have actually seen him in person
the serious board has some oldies check there "

When anyone steps in some dogpoop call it a 'Sherwood Forest"
incident, this joker is an idiot, right?

Sherwood Forest user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 3547 posts

Posted: 10 Oct 06, 19:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

celtic princess ur story made me happy
thank you

One should ANALize the Poetry on page 43, when Oedipus is rollin' in his benzo and he has to bust a cap on some flagrants in the under city

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/image/essay/1
bas asselbergs user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 212 posts

Posted: 10 Oct 06, 20:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I did. Only once. Like 1 Minute only. in 1986 in leiden....But i have seen him with Queen 97 times, and then solo in Ibiza and Barcelona, and i was at the Time musical in 88. But my best memory ( besides the birth of my daughter) is the 1 minute i had freddie all for myself, and had a chance to look in to those warm hazelnut brown eyes...he wasn't THAT big, as i am 6ft 4"...but he had a grandeur and charisma that was awesome....He tried to bluf me away, wich didn't quit work for him....and then he took off himself, and disappeared into his dressingroom....a girlfriend of me who was in his dressingroom at that moment later told me i had scared the shit out of him....obviously he hadn't thought i was THAT tall...as he was always looking down on me from the stage, and i was looking up...so when we finally did meet at the same standing-level, it was him looking up, and me looking down...that was a strange experience! But i will cherish it till the day i die....

lifelong loyal and dedicated Queenfan.
Bambi user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 316 posts

Posted: 10 Oct 06, 22:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Seen Queen in concert in FT WORTH TEXAS DEC, 10 1977 DALLAS TEXAS FEB 26 1977, DALLAS OCT 28 1978
THE GAME TOUR DALLAS 1980 AND THE LAST TIME THE ROCK N AMERICA TOUR DALLAS AUGUST 21 1982, THEY WERE GREAT, ESPECIALLY TO SEE THEM MATURE AND CHANGE IN LOOKS ESPECIALLY FREDDIE WHO WAS ALWAYS WITTY AND FUN. I AM AN OLD QUEEN FAN JOHN IS TWO YEARS OLDER THEN ME.

kenny8 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 150 posts

Posted: 11 Oct 06, 00:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Craig Pescoe is NOTHING like Freddie live

saltnvinegar user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 312 posts

Posted: 11 Oct 06, 04:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

bas asselbergs wrote:

I did. Only once. Like 1 Minute only. in 1986 in leiden....But i have seen him with Queen 97 times, and then solo in Ibiza and Barcelona, and i was at the Time musical in 88. But my best memory ( besides the birth of my daughter) is the 1 minute i had freddie all for myself, and had a chance to look in to those warm hazelnut brown eyes...he wasn't THAT big, as i am 6ft 4"...but he had a grandeur and charisma that was awesome....He tried to bluf me away, wich didn't quit work for him....and then he took off himself, and disappeared into his dressingroom....a girlfriend of me who was in his dressingroom at that moment later told me i had scared the shit out of him....obviously he hadn't thought i was THAT tall...as he was always looking down on me from the stage, and i was looking up...so when we finally did meet at the same standing-level, it was him looking up, and me looking down...that was a strange experience! But i will cherish it till the day i die....

Wow, you're a lucky guy. I can only *dream* of looking into those eyes.But I do find it odd that you were told you scared him, I mean, I've seen footage of him with his bodyguards (and Brian!) who were all over 6 feet tall, he didn't come across as the kind of person to be intimidated by height-after all he was in awe of Montserrat and she is tiny! In addition, he wasn't that short himself was he? Maybe he was just in shock that you'd been to almost as many Queen concerts as he had!!! Anyhow, it's a great memory to cherish and I hope you hang on to every second of it :)