Forums > Sharing The Music - Announce > ANNOUNCE - Osaka 3-29-76 (afternoon show) LP, FLAC

forum rss feed
Author

The Real Wizard user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Real Wizard
Deity: 18616 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 11 Oct 06, 23:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Queen
Kosei Nenkin Kaikan, Osaka
March 29th, 1976 (2pm show - Queen played two shows on this day)

Lineage: AUD > ? > LP > Cassette > WAV > CDR (2) > WAV > FLAC frontend level 8

This is one of those essential 70s recording every Queen fan must have. It's first generation from the rare Zoom LP, so it's probably the best quality we'll hear this show in, unless one day there is a miraculous discovery of the audience tape used for the LP. I'd give this copy an EX- rating.

Disc 1:

1. Intro / Bohemian Rhapsody (opera/rock)
2. Ogre Battle
3. Sweet Lady
4. White Queen
5. Flick Of The Wrist
6. Medley: Bohemian Rhapsody / Killer Queen / The March Of The Black Queen / Bohemian Rhapsody (end)
7. Bring Back That Leroy Brown
8. Brighton Rock
9. Son And Daughter (end)

Disc 2:

1. The Prophet's Song
2. Stone Cold Crazy
3. Doing All Right
4. Lazing On A Sunday Afternoon
5. Keep Yourself Alive
6. Liar
7. In The Lap Of The Gods...Revisited
8. Now I'm Here
9. Rock 'n' Roll Medley
10. God Save The Queen

DO NOT CONVERT THIS RECORDING TO MP3/WMA/OGG or any other lossy format, unless it's for your OWN use, and nobody else's. If you want an mp3 recording of this show, then find an older share of an inferior version. The quality of this version must be maintained. If I discover that this version was converted to a lossy format, then I will NEVER share a thing here again.

It goes without question that one should include the lineage information when distributing this recording. This is how people can be certain they are receiving the best version possible.

I just realized that I wrongly used the word "lossless" instead of "lossy" in the .txt files of my previous shares. There's nothing like having a few hundred copies of your mistake all around the world! I've finally got it right this time.

Here are all six parts:

http://rapidshare.de/files/36418308/Queen-Osaka76-2pm-LP-FLAC-a.zip.html
http://rapidshare.de/files/36421526/Queen-Osaka76-2pm-LP-FLAC-b.zip.html
http://rapidshare.de/files/36422581/Queen-Osaka76-2pm-LP-FLAC-c.zip.html
http://rapidshare.de/files/36438642/Queen-Osaka76-2pm-LP-FLAC-d.zip.html
http://rapidshare.de/files/36485401/Queen-Osaka76-2pm-LP-FLAC-e.zip.html
http://rapidshare.de/files/36494865/Queen-Osaka76-2pm-LP-FLAC-f.zip.html

Enjoy!

"The more generous you are with your music, the more it comes back to you." -- Dan Lampinski

http://www.queenlive.ca
stark user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 376 posts

Posted: 12 Oct 06, 02:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

This is great - thank you! Been after this for a while, and I'm fresh out of the £1000 I need for a copy of Zoom... Cheers!

lucame user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 41 posts

Posted: 12 Oct 06, 02:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hi Sir SH,

I cant keep up with your uploads :)

Thanks again, i just sent you a couple of emails.

lucame user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 41 posts

Posted: 12 Oct 06, 02:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hi Sir GH!

I cant keep up with your uploads :)

Thanks again, i just sent you a couple of emails.

PBB user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1425 posts

Posted: 12 Oct 06, 02:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thank you again....

Look out, take care, there's a lot of music out there...
TheGame user not visiting Queenzone.com
Yes dear, i DO want it all ;)
TheGame
Royalty: 1076 posts

Posted: 12 Oct 06, 02:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Many nice shares here recently, hope i will be back online soon so i can join this flac attack ;)
Still, we need more people to join this attack....

Anyway, i just wanted to say i had this recording, but i got the Wardour release some time ago. This Wardour release is cleaned up, and sound even better...

The Real Wizard

Posted: 12 Oct 06, 03:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

TheGame wrote:

Anyway, i just wanted to say i had this recording, but i got the Wardour release some time ago. This Wardour release is cleaned up, and sound even better...

Honestly, I didn't think Wardour was an improvement for this show. If anything, theirs has a bit less treble.

"The more generous you are with your music, the more it comes back to you." -- Dan Lampinski

Wilki Amieva user not visiting Queenzone.com
We must all HEAR to believe
Wilki Amieva
Royalty: 1417 posts

Posted: 12 Oct 06, 07:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I have the ZOOM 2xCD (LLX-1/2) with the evening show, but 2xLP has the afternoon one, right?

tilomagnet user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 290 posts

Posted: 12 Oct 06, 08:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sir GH<br><h6>ah yeah</h6> wrote:

Lineage: AUD > ? > LP > Cassette (1) > WAV > CDR (2) > WAV > FLAC frontend level 8

This is one of those essential 70s recording every Queen fan must have. It's first generation from the rare Zoom LP, so it's probably the best quality we'll hear this show in, unless one day there is a miraculous discovery of the audience tape used for the LP.

If this is indeed a "1st gen" from the LP, then the lineage should be like this: AUD>?>LP>Cassette(0)>CDR....

"Cassette(1)" indicates that the recording was copied to analog tape twice, from the LP to a cassette "master" or zero gen and then to another cassette which was then digitized. "Cassette(0)" means that there was one tape in the lineage.

Arnaldo "Ogre-" Silveira user not visiting Queenzone.com
Arnaldo
Deity: 2254 posts

Posted: 12 Oct 06, 08:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thanks, GH! :D

Cheers,

Ogre-

Keep Passing the Open Windows
gaspar user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 158 posts

Posted: 12 Oct 06, 09:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

thank you . You're great!

pow wow user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 423 posts

Posted: 12 Oct 06, 09:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Another stunner. Thanks again.

"....you don't get that on X-Factor do you"
Nummer2 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 863 posts

Posted: 12 Oct 06, 09:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thank you one more time! I'm looking forward to hearing the difference ;-)

... I'll be back again before it's time for sunny-down ...
Maruga user not visiting Queenzone.com
Maruga
Royalty: 1705 posts

Posted: 12 Oct 06, 09:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thank you so much once again... damn... i still have to download Hannover 84, Chicago 80 and now this one... damn rapidshare xD but i have patience.

Life Is A Bitch...

Arnaldo "Ogre-" Silveira user not visiting Queenzone.com
Arnaldo
Deity: 2254 posts

Posted: 12 Oct 06, 10:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<b><font color="blue">J.P.S.G wrote:

Thank you so much once again... damn... i still have to download Hannover 84, Chicago 80 and now this one... damn rapidshare xD but i have patience.

I know what you mean. Being without spare time and seeing all these downloads at the same time I ended up doing a one-month subscription to rapidshare for the very first time. :/

Cheers,

Ogre-

Keep Passing the Open Windows
wingman user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 85 posts

Posted: 12 Oct 06, 11:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thank you very much Sir GH for this great jewel.
I've had it in mp3, but hear it in all full glory,this is bliss.Thanks man.
Just some suggestions for future uploads, if you'll had time and if other queenzoners would want some of this:

-Cologne 1974 (one of the earliest complete show)
-Tokyo 14 4 1979 (excellent sound,don't think it's been shared here at all)
-Paris 28 2 1979
-Buenos Aires 28 2 1981 (excellent sound)

Sithmarauder user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1082 posts

Posted: 12 Oct 06, 12:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

WOW thank you Sir Bob, I was waiting for someone to seed this one from another post for a few weeks now! Cant wait to finish D/L.

"If we look half as good to you as you do to me, we must look good" Brian May

"No, Innuendo is not an Italian suppository, it's a Queen album."
Sithmarauder user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1082 posts

Posted: 12 Oct 06, 12:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

tilomagnet wrote:

Lineage: AUD > ? > LP > Cassette (1) > WAV > CDR (2) > WAV > FLAC frontend level 8

This is one of those essential 70s recording every Queen fan must have. It's first generation from the rare Zoom LP, so it's probably the best quality we'll hear this show in, unless one day there is a miraculous discovery of the audience tape used for the LP.

If this is indeed a "1st gen" from the LP, then the lineage should be like this: AUD>?>LP>Cassette(0)>CDR....

"Cassette(1)" indicates that the recording was copied to analog tape twice, from the LP to a cassette "master" or zero gen and then to another cassette which was then digitized. "Cassette(0)" means that there was one tape in the lineage.

Info such as this should be posted by the mediators as a sticky. I just learned something new.

"If we look half as good to you as you do to me, we must look good" Brian May

"No, Innuendo is not an Italian suppository, it's a Queen album."
The Real Wizard

Posted: 12 Oct 06, 12:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

tilomagnet wrote:

Thanks for the info. It makes sense, but I still think it would be much easier if the number simply indicated the generation. Does the same apply with the CDR generation? I wrote a 2, because mine is the second CDR generation. It was LP to cassette to CDR to my CDR. Thus "2" makes most sense to me.

tilomagnet user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 290 posts

Posted: 12 Oct 06, 13:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

tilomagnet wrote:

Thanks for the info. It makes sense, but I still think it would be much easier if the number simply indicated the generation. Does the same apply with the CDR generation? I wrote a 2, because mine is the second CDR generation. It was LP to cassette to CDR to my CDR. Thus "2" makes most sense to me.

Well, it does indicate the generation. The term "generation" is only used if a recording gets copied to the same format that the original recording was, i.e. master cassette>1st gen cassette etc.

Whenever a recording is transfered from one format to another, (for example: cassette>DAT, LP>cassette, LP>CDR) the resulting recording is called a zero gen. Some people also call that recording a master (for example: cassette>DAT master, cassette>CDR master), but I try to avoid the term "master" here, because IMO only the tape the show was originally recorded to should be called a master.

Therefore the correct lineage (IMO!) for the Osaka show should be like this: AUD>?>LP>C(0)>CDR(1)>FLAC

As I said above the first cdr in the lineage, that your copy was made from, is CDR(0) and your CDR is a first gen CDR so to speak.

Another example: When I digitized the alternate master of 09-07-84, I transfered the cassette to DAT and then transfered the same DAT to the computer. Therefore, the lineage is Analog Master>DAT(0)>WAV. It would be incorrect to label that DAT a "1st gen" or DAT(1), because the recording was transfered to another format.