Forums > Queen - Serious Discussion > Brian and GB..I Want It All

forum rss feed
Author

Jan78 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 264 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 17 Oct 06, 05:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Queen-Want-All-Brian-May/dp/1844492826

Now this book really slipped through under my radar. Is it worth buying? Published in January 2006...can't believe I thought they were still working on it...

Jan

Togg user not visiting Queenzone.com
Togg
Deity: 2391 posts

Posted: 17 Oct 06, 05:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Interesting, I hadn't seen it either, one things for sure if Brian had any real involvement in it I suspect it will be more accurate than any other Greg publication!

"It is better to sit in silence and have people think you're a fool, then to open your mouth and remove all doubt"
Jjeroen user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4781 posts

Posted: 17 Oct 06, 06:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Brian did have involvement in this by supplying a large part of his own, private collection.

But I had not noticed that this was already out there, either...
I wonder if it realy IS...?!?!

Bohardy user is on Queenzone.com

Deity: 2447 posts

Posted: 17 Oct 06, 08:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It's definitely not out.

It's not even being currently worked on as far as I'm aware.

Gullibility and credulity are considered undesirable qualities in every department of human life -- except religion.
cmsdrums user not visiting Queenzone.com
cmsdrums
Deity: 3037 posts

Posted: 17 Oct 06, 08:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Bohardy is right - it was pulled quite late on after a release date was scheduled (about par for the course for the overly anal Queen camp). Should be out in 2007/08. Possibly pulled to incorporate all the Q+PR merchandise??

Al TurHao user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 168 posts

Posted: 17 Oct 06, 11:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

if it has Brian's position and his version, then it's dangerously biased. beLIEve not.

Being a Scolar when it comes to Queen...
radio_what's_new user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 542 posts

Posted: 17 Oct 06, 11:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

By the time this book will see the light of day, my collection is bigger than Brian's. I don't want to be cynical but this is yet another product which won't be released (so are the singles box set, the Queen box sets, and so on...)

Mr Faron Hyte user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 565 posts

Posted: 17 Oct 06, 19:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

See above ^^^

Queen Archivist user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 850 posts

Posted: 22 Oct 06, 19:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

We hope to finish this book in time for Christmas 2007.

It's a MASSIVE project. Fantastic photos - and hundreds of items many of you wil never ever have seen before. We have things that I had never seen, or Brian, in 25 years - and many of them. It's really a very nice and exciting venture.

Togg... you are an annoying prick. My Queen live book might be inaccurate in certain areas but at least it represents something tangible and creative and 'out there'.

You have done bugger all... just endless moaning and insulting other people's efforts, you tedious sad little man.

Get off your boring arse and so something other than moaning for a change. Can you do that?

And come visit me too because I'd love to have a close-up word with you and see if you have the balls to say similar things to my face, that you do behind my back. Talk to me in person instead of writing in cowardly secret behind your bogus identity AGAIN.

Little men like you ONLY ever say things behind people's backs. It's so very you. You'd crap yourself if we bumpred into each other at a convention and I asked you to repeat your words to my face. I hate cowardly mouthy twats like you.

I can see you in my mind's eye: balding, weasle features, probably a moustache, no dress sense, even less friends, an ex wife, and I bet you are very tedious company that most people avoid - using silly excuses not to attend your invitations, and which cause you to wonder why. Shut up Togg, you are a bore.

GB
FriedChicken user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 10641 posts

Posted: 23 Oct 06, 04:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hi Greg,

What kind of stuff will the book feature? Does it have stuff like advertisements, posters, cardboard figures, playing cards etc? Or will it be more focused on releases all around the world.

Good luck with writing, i can't wait reading it!

"On the first day Pim & Niek created a heavenly occupation. Pim & Niek blessed it and named it 'Loosch'."

(Genesis 1:1)
Togg user not visiting Queenzone.com
Togg
Deity: 2391 posts

Posted: 23 Oct 06, 04:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Queen Archivist wrote:

It's a MASSIVE project. Fantastic photos - and hundreds of items many of you wil never ever have seen before. We have things that I had never seen, or Brian, in 25 years - and many of them. It's really a very nice and exciting venture.

Togg... you are an annoying prick. My Queen live book might be inaccurate in certain areas but at least it represents something tangible and creative and 'out there'.

You have done bugger all... just endless moaning and insulting other people's efforts, you tedious sad little man.

Get off your boring arse and so something other than moaning for a change. Can you do that?

And come visit me too because I'd love to have a close-up word with you and see if you have the balls to say similar things to my face, that you do behind my back. Talk to me in person instead of writing in cowardly secret behind your bogus identity AGAIN.

Little men like you ONLY ever say things behind people's backs. It's so very you. You'd crap yourself if we bumpred into each other at a convention and I asked you to repeat your words to my face. I hate cowardly mouthy twats like you.

I can see you in my mind's eye: balding, weasle features, probably a moustache, no dress sense, even less friends, an ex wife, and I bet you are very tedious company that most people avoid - using silly excuses not to attend your invitations, and which cause you to wonder why. Shut up Togg, you are a bore.

LOL, good one Greg that made my morning! You really do have a way with words. Come on then behind the bike shed after they let you out of school... anytime

"It is better to sit in silence and have people think you're a fool, then to open your mouth and remove all doubt"
The Real Wizard user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Real Wizard
Deity: 18633 posts

Posted: 23 Oct 06, 08:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Lllllllllllllllet's get ready to rumbleeeee!!

"The more generous you are with your music, the more it comes back to you." -- Dan Lampinski

http://www.queenlive.ca
Crezchi user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 664 posts

Posted: 23 Oct 06, 15:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Introducing Greg Brooks, 480lbs of bullshit

VS

Togg, 190lbs of Queen knowledge

Stay tuned with the fight, will Greg eat a limb
from Togg??

Will Togg give Greg a 'Dictionery' to hurt him bad??

we will see!

Hello you rock and rollers!
TRS-Romania user is on Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 650 posts

Posted: 23 Oct 06, 17:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Queen Archivist wrote:

Greg, did you miss your appointment at your GP to get your daily amount of Prozac?

You are just a silly old sick (i feel for you!) twat!

No offense! ;-)

Stefan

PS hahahahahahahahah (greg, TE FUT IN CUR!)

The Fake Greg Brooks user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Fake Greg Brooks
Rocker: 44 posts

Posted: 23 Oct 06, 18:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Queen Archivist wrote:

My Queen live book might be inaccurate in certain areas but at least it represents something tangible and creative and 'out there'.

Probably NOT the best way to advertise. I wouldn't put that on the front cover. Just a tip.

Queen Archivist wrote:

I can see you in my mind's eye: balding, weasle features, probably a moustache, no dress sense, even less friends, an ex wife, and I bet you are very tedious company that most people avoid - using silly excuses not to attend your invitations, and which cause you to wonder why.

That's him. You got it. You forgot "fat" and "smells like corn chips".

Lester Burnham user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5870 posts

Posted: 23 Oct 06, 18:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The Fake Greg Brooks wrote:

Queen Archivist wrote:

My Queen live book might be inaccurate in certain areas but at least it represents something tangible and creative and 'out there'.

Probably NOT the best way to advertise. I wouldn't put that on the front cover. Just a tip.

"Queen Live: You pretty much have to buy it, unless you've got the Internet!"

Crezchi user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 664 posts

Posted: 23 Oct 06, 19:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Lester Burnham wrote:

The Fake Greg Brooks wrote:

Queen Archivist wrote:

"Queen Live: You pretty much have to buy it, unless you've got the Internet!"

LMFAO!!! Hahahahahaha aww shit, thanks, i needed that laugh. very good one. and true.

Hello you rock and rollers!
Penetration_Guru user not visiting Queenzone.com
Penetration_Guru
Deity: 11013 posts

Posted: 25 Oct 06, 16:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Er, cynical? In what sense? Not sure you should use words you clearly don't understand.

The Real Wizard user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Real Wizard
Deity: 18633 posts

Posted: 26 Oct 06, 03:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Penetration_Guru wrote:

Er, cynical? In what sense? Not sure you should use words you clearly don't understand.

Of course he understands the word. Remember, he has several degrees and all that...

"The more generous you are with your music, the more it comes back to you." -- Dan Lampinski

http://www.queenlive.ca
Queen Archivist user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 850 posts

Posted: 26 Oct 06, 14:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hey Penetration_Guru

You said... Er, cynical? In what sense? Not sure you should use words you clearly don't understand.

Good Lord ma, don't you know that HALF of the QZ-ers use words in completely and utterly the wrong context, with no understanding whatsoever of what the hell they mean.

It's great fun to read. There are some real illiterate plebs on here. Leave them alone. Ignorant is bliss.

Please don't spoil it for me and others. Don't point these things out, they give many of us here lots of joy on a daily basis.

The poor chap did not mean CYNICAL. He just liked the look of it, and the poor love clearly does not know better. He's to be pitied, not scalded.

Nicely said, though.

GB