Forums > Queen - Serious Discussion > Rock Goes To College (BBC4)

forum rss feed
Author

Holly2003 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Hot Buttered Soul
Holly2003
Deity: 4707 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 20 Oct 06, 15:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

There's a series on BBC4 at the moment called Rock Goes To College. I seem to recall that Queen appeared on this is the dim and distant past, (perhaps an Oxford Uni gig?) along with groups like AC/DC, SLF, and Rory Gallagher. However, there's no mention of Queen on various websites about RGTC.

Having said that, I also remember Brian May on Noel Edmond's Swap Shop talking about his sixpence. According to my increasingly unreliable memory, they also showed the WWRY video. No one else recalls this apparently.

So my question is, can I look forward to a Queen performance on BBC4 any time soon or am I talking out my arse?

Thanks in advance.

"With a population of 1.75 million, Northern Ireland should really be a footballing minnow. Instead, they could be better described as the piranhas of the international game" (FIFA.com)
ezee user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 56 posts

Posted: 21 Oct 06, 12:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

hehe thats going waaaaaaay back. I dont recall any Queen performance on Rock Goes To College... but i seem to remember John Deacon being on Swap Shop a long long time ago in a far off distant galaxcy!

Penetration_Guru user not visiting Queenzone.com
Penetration_Guru
Deity: 11013 posts

Posted: 21 Oct 06, 13:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Rock goes to college was in about 78, by which time Queen were not playing University venues.

So, yes, your memory is going a bit thribble.

Brimon user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 571 posts

Posted: 21 Oct 06, 19:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I remember Roger and John being on Tiswas.