Forums > Queen - General Discussion > M.... Mercury... Wait a sec... Freddie?!?!?

forum rss feed
Author

Freddies Delilah user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 420 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 24 Oct 06, 03:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Ok, a very random topic, but this made me so mad! I was at Borders book shop the other day, right, and I was looking at Queen CDs. Then, when I was done, I went to see if they had any Freddie Mercury CDs. So I was browsing through the 'M' section, and I saw Mercury, though it wasn't Freddie. So I knew I was close, and I kept looking. Then I suddenly saw on the little plastic things with the artist's name on them: 'Freddie Mercury'. I blinked. 'Freddie??!?!' There weren't any CDs, but the Freddie really made me mad. I was seriously thinking of going to the front desk and complaining!

I'm sorry about this little rant, but it really annoys me when people spell Freddie's name with a Y. My little sister now does that just to annoy me... grrr.


Four old ladies, still rocking away :)
FreMe user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2329 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 24 Oct 06, 14:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Well, I AM danish, and i do spell horribly.. but..

The first time I wrote his name, i think I spelled it:

Freddie murcurai.. I had'nt got his name all right, and I know it's embarrasing, but still.. Big deal if someone calls him Freddie, unless he's a Queenzoner :S


O_o
flash! 28068 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2995 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 24 Oct 06, 14:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<font color=purple>Fre<font color=red>Me wrote:

Well, I AM danish, and i do spell horribly.. but..

The first time I wrote his name, i think I spelled it:

Freddie murcurai.. I had'nt got his name all right, and I know it's embarrasing, but still.. Big deal if someone calls him Freddie, unless he's a Queenzoner :S


Pfffttt!! Not even moi would dream of mis-spelling the fabulous Freddie Mercury's name! :P


"It’s not often we play in daylight, and I fucking well wish we did before, I can see you all now. And there are some beauties here tonight, I can tell you!" ;)
Katastrophe Mercury user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 307 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 24 Oct 06, 14:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<font color=red>Flash! wrote:

<font color=purple>Fre<font color=red>Me wrote:

Well, I AM danish, and i do spell horribly.. but..

The first time I wrote his name, i think I spelled it:

Freddie murcurai.. I had'nt got his name all right, and I know it's embarrasing, but still.. Big deal if someone calls him Freddie, unless he's a Queenzoner :S


Pfffttt!! Not even moi would dream of mis-spelling the fabulous Freddie Mercury's name! :P


XD

Gordie Howe user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 368 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 24 Oct 06, 16:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

God damn. Dont fucking flip out every time you see something wrong with his name. Its a name that can be spelled different ways so dont blow your head off everytime you see a Y instead of IE.


Well here's my counter-offer... do I have to kill you? What if I were just to kick the ever loving shit out of you?
as it began user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 222 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 24 Oct 06, 16:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Freddie probably spelled it that way on purpose because not many people spell it that way.:)

its_a_hard_life 26994 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 11046 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 24 Oct 06, 16:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I think the Americans spell it "Freddie". While the British spell it "Freddie".

magicalfreddiemercury user not visiting Queenzone.com
magicalfreddiemercury
Deity: 2693 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 24 Oct 06, 17:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<font color="#FF00FF">its_a_hard_life wrote:

I think the Americans spell it "Freddie". While the British spell it "Freddie".

Nope. All the way back to the 70's and Freddie Prinze, we've spelled it with an "ie". :)



"The others don't like my interviews. And frankly, I don't care much for theirs." ~ Freddie Mercury



its_a_hard_life 26994 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 11046 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 24 Oct 06, 17:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

magicalfreddiemercury wrote:

<font color="#FF00FF">its_a_hard_life wrote:

I think the Americans spell it "Freddie". While the British spell it "Freddie".

Nope. All the way back to the 70's and Freddie Prinze, we've spelled it with an "ie". :)


Ah right. Someone told me wrong then. :)

The prophet's song user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1044 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 24 Oct 06, 18:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I usually get it the other way around, I always spell Freddie with an ie instead of a y. But I prefer it how Freddie spells it anyway hee hee


"Either this kid has a lightbulb up his ass or his colon has a great idea"
Suigi user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 856 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 24 Oct 06, 19:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

At least they got the phonetics right.
What if it was just Mercury, Fred?


HE ROCKS US STILL.

Proud Supporter of the Queen Lives Compilation
Megamike The GREAT user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2264 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 24 Oct 06, 20:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Oh for heavens sake.. Freddee Murkuie was not his birth name... it could be spelled any way you want it.. it just dont matter anymore..


My Brothers and Sisters all hated me 'cause I was an only child...

-Weird Al (Generic Blues)



I gave up on books when 'To Kill A Mockingbird' gave me no useful advice on how to kill a mockingbird.
M a t i a s M a y user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1932 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 24 Oct 06, 21:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

FRIDAY MARKEAOURI


YES


HE'S THE MAN


...End of the Beginning...



My Mystical Flog ---> http://www.fotolog.com/woodywoodbecker



A Clockwork World, my blog ---> http://aclockworkworld.blogspot.com
BRYCE THE TROLL user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 313 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 24 Oct 06, 22:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

FLAPJACK MERCULISHIBLE





THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE!!!!





i know how you feel i get pissed when people spell my name and i'm not even famous

blerp user not visiting Queenzone.com
blerp
Deity: 2438 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 24 Oct 06, 23:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Oh, get used to it. :P


I'm so pissed I could spit.
masterstroke_84 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 542 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 25 Oct 06, 01:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

www.fotolog.net/Freddie__mercury

Insult... please...

Thanks :D


Queen rocks!
Queenluv4Life user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 216 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 25 Oct 06, 17:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

it doesnt really bother me that they spell it wrong but its just stupid when they do. i saw this DVD of the best music of the 80's and 90's and it had living on my own and instead of putting living on my own by FREDDIE MERCURY they put living on my own by FREDY MERCURY. How stupid!

Rick user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4796 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 25 Oct 06, 17:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Freddies Delilah wrote:

Ok, a very random topic, but this made me so mad! I was at Borders book shop the other day, right, and I was looking at Queen CDs. Then, when I was done, I went to see if they had any Freddie Mercury CDs. So I was browsing through the 'M' section, and I saw Mercury, though it wasn't Freddie. So I knew I was close, and I kept looking. Then I suddenly saw on the little plastic things with the artist's name on them: 'Freddie Mercury'. I blinked. 'Freddie??!?!' There weren't any CDs, but the Freddie really made me mad. I was seriously thinking of going to the front desk and complaining!

I'm sorry about this little rant, but it really annoys me when people spell Freddie's name with a Y. My little sister now does that just to annoy me... grrr.


I should commit suicide right away, there is no reason for you to live anymore.

Poor little girl, you really have a hard life.




John: "It's the one thing I wish I could do - sing."

blerp user not visiting Queenzone.com
blerp
Deity: 2438 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 25 Oct 06, 18:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yeah, I hate it when people misspell my name or mispronounce it. I seriously don't think my name (Ravie [Rah-vee]) should be that hard...


I'm so pissed I could spit.
BRYCE THE TROLL user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 313 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 25 Oct 06, 21:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

yeah!




i think it's funny when people spell "test" as "teste" XP