Forums > Queen - Serious Discussion > MY QUEEN LIVE BOOK.... AGAIN, AND OTHER ISSUES

forum rss feed
Author

Queen Archivist user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 850 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 25 Oct 06, 05:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

YOUNG-STRAT-MAN wrote (and my replies in CAPITAL LETTERS)...

For all those NOT in the Music, or Journalism/writing industry, shut the hell up! Everyone is sick of hearing about Greg's book!

I TOO AM SICK OF HEARING ABOUT MY QUEEN LIVE BOOK. IT IS 10 YEARS OLD NOW. ALL YOU GUYS ON QZ EVER TALK ABOUT IS THE ERRORS IN THE BOOK. YOU LOVE POINTING OUT ERRORS AND SLAGGING THINGS OFF. IF YOU AREN'T PICKING OVER SCABS AND CRITICISING SOMEONE'S WORK, YOU AREN'T HAPPY.

YES THERE ARE ERRORS IN THE BOOK. I DID NOT INTEND THAT, OBVIOUSLY. I DID NOT KNOW THERE WERE ERRORS WHEN I SUBMITTED IT. I ONLY KNEW THAT SOME THINGS IN IT WERE BOUND TO BE WRONG SOMETIMES BECAUSE OF THE VERY LIMITED DATA I HAD TO WORK FROM.

I EXPLAINED ALL OF THIS IN GREAT DETAIL IN MY INTRODUCTION. SO ANY PERSON WHO BOUGHT THE BOOK IN SPITE OF THIS INFORMATION BEING OPENLY AND HONESTLY DETAILED AT THE FRONT FEW PAGES, IS A TOTAL MORON.

WHY DON'T SOME OF YOU HERE ON QZ, YOU SUPPOSED QUEEN FANS, EVER DISCUSS THE MANY GOOD ELEMENTS IN MY BOOK?

WHY DON'T YOU DISCUSS THE MANY THINGS YOU DIDN'T KNOW ABOUT QUEEN LIVE, UNTIL I DETAILED IT? WE ALL KNOW EXACTLY WHY, YOU SHALLOW, TEDIOUS AND OVERWHELMINGLY JEALOUS INDIVIDUALS.

SOME OF YOU GUYS AND GALS HERE REALLY HATE TO ADMIT THAT CERTAIN THINGS IN MY BOOK ARE VERY INTERESTING. YOU COULD NOT BE IMPARTIAL, FAIR, BALANCED AND UNBIASSED IF YOUR LIFE DEPENDED ON IT.

Most of you young assholes didn't even know about the errors until someone else told you!

THIS IS ABSOLUTELY TRUE. IT IS SPOT ON. SO MANY ASS HOLES ONLY STARTED MOANING ABOUT MY BOOK WHEN THEY SAW OTHER PEOPLE SAYING IT FIRST. THIS IS CLEARLY BECAUSE SO MANY QZ-ERS WOULD NOT BE ABLE TO SPOT ERRORS ON THEIR OWN - BECAUSE THEIR QUEEN KNOWLEDGE IS SO MINIMAL - AND SO THEY RELY ON OTHERS. THEY SIMPLY COPY THE MOANING OF OTHERS WHILE NOT TRULY UNDERSTANDING THE UNDERLYING REASONS AND DETAILS.

SO MANY OF YOU PREDICTABLE PEOPLE, YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE, LOVE TO JUMP ON THE 'LET'S TAKE THE PISS' BANDWAGON, AND YET THEY CLEARLY KNOW VIRTUALLY NOTHING THEMSELVES. IT'S SO BLATANT TO SEE.

THINK FOR YOURSELVES FOR ONCE. IT WOULD MAKE A REFRESHING CHANGE.

Nothing will ever satisfy you ungrateful, and greedy assholes.

ABSOLUTELY TRUE.

THE FREDDIE MERCURY'SOLO' BOX IS, LET'S BE FRANK ABOUT IT, AN EXTREMELY GOOD AND COMPREHENSIVE SET. IT IS ONE OF THE BEST ANTHOLOGY BOX COLLECTIONS EVER RELEASED FOR ANY ARTIST. YOU KNOW IT, I KNOW IT.

YES THERE WERE SOME TINY OVERSIGHTS. I THINK WE MADE A COUPLE OF ERRORS - AS ANYONE WOULD, GIVEN THE MASSIVE SCALE OF THAT PROJECT, BUT WE GOT HUNDREDS AND HUNDREDS OF THINGS EXACTLY RIGHT. WE GAVE YOU 'FANS' MANY THINGS YOU NEVER KNEW EXISTED, AND WE GAVE YOU 35,000 WORDS OF INFO, MUCH OF WHICH YOU DID NOT KNOW EITHER.

BUT STILL YOU MOAN AND CRITICISE IT. OF COURSE YOU DO; THAT IS DEEPLY INGRAINED INTO QZ MENTALITY. NO ONE MOANS LIKE QZ MOANS. IT IS A WAY OF LIFE HERE.

SOME TOSSERS ON QZ WERE RECENTLY SUGGESTING I DID NOT PUT THAT BOX TOGETHER - DESPITE BRIAN MAY TELLING YOU SO IN HIS INTRODUCTION TO THAT COLLECTION. I DID NOT RESPOND TO THAT THREAD BECAUSE IT IS SO UTTERLY STUPID... AND YET SOME QZ-ERS WILL PICK THAT UP AND RUN WITH IT, CONVINCED IT MUST BE TRUE. THIS DEMONSTRATES THE EXTENT OF THEIR IGNORANCE AND THE SHALLOWNESS OF THEIR QUEEN/FREDDIE KNOWLEDGE.

YOU HATE IT; YOU HATE GREG BROOKS BEING ASSOCIATED WITH ANYTHING GOOD, OR DARE I SAY 'GREAT'.

WELL, WHETHER YOU SOUR PEOPLE CAN ADMIT IT OR NOT THAT BOXED SET IS A GREAT PIECE OF WORK. THE TEAM OF US THAT PUT IT TOGETHER DID SO WITH MUCH CARE AND LOVE AND ATTENTION TO DETAIL. WE KNOW IT'S GREAT, THOUGH YOU CANNOT BRING YOUR SORRY SELVES TO ADMIT IT.

WE KNOW IT HAD SOME ANNOYING LITTLE ERRORS, BUT FOR GOD'S SAKE STOP ALL YOUR PREDICTABLE MOANING AND ENVY-DRIVEN SHITE, AND START COMMENTING ON THE GOOD FOR A CHANGE. BE FAIR AND IMPARTIAL - YOU MIGHT GET TAKEN MORE SERIOUSLY BY THE QUEEN TEAM (AND OTHER FANS) THAT CURRENTLY REGARDS QZ A

GB
pow wow user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 423 posts

Posted: 25 Oct 06, 06:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Book not selling well Greg..............all this self promotion :-)

Don't own the book Greg so can't comment. The Freddie box set was a great feat in compilation I'd give you that, but I'd also say I've got Freddie to thank for the quality of the box set more so than yourself.

Did YSM come through this time?

Cheers

Steven

"....you don't get that on X-Factor do you"
Benn user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1332 posts

Posted: 25 Oct 06, 06:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Greg,

>>WELL, WHETHER YOU SOUR PEOPLE CAN ADMIT IT OR NOT THAT BOXED SET IS A GREAT PIECE OF WORK. THE TEAM OF US THAT PUT IT TOGETHER DID SO WITH MUCH CARE AND LOVE AND ATTENTION TO DETAIL. WE KNOW IT'S GREAT, THOUGH YOU CANNOT BRING YOUR SORRY SELVES TO ADMIT IT.

WE KNOW IT HAD SOME ANNOYING LITTLE ERRORS,

Hmmm.....so it's that level of attention to detail which allowed fir the errors to be there?

Listen, you OBVIOUSLY have a great love for Queen and the music that they created together and as individuals. You also have a passion for your work and have managed to get yourself into a position where you can influence what happens in terms of material that is allowed "out there" for everyone else to see / hear. All of that is highly laudable.

What I can't understand is your continuing presence here. If you detest this place (and it's contributors) so much, why don't you just do everyone a favour and just don't respond to anything.

You NEVER answer any constructive questions put to you in a constructive manner from your lofty perch as Queen Archivist. I fully understand that you may indeed be bound by various non-disclosure agreements etc, but if so, then why not say so? If not, then just answer fully and completely?

You also seemingly have the OK from QPL to trade insults with the very people that buy their product; how can someone, purporting to be some kind of (tenuous) official link with to band be allowed to carry on like this. Imagine if you went into EMI and criticised the quality of their artist roster, only to have someone turn around and tell you to fuck off? Would you expect them to still represent EMI? Your work is / has been flawed - fact. However, if you don;t like the criticism, just, simply, ignore it. Take on board anything that you feel you want to and discard what you don't.

Greg, I do sincerely hope that you manage to pull off whatever projects you are linked with. I'm sure we can all agree that what we ALL want is quality product with which to remember Queen by. However, if criticism from people you openly appear to hate really affects you then please don't bother to contribute here.

Your time is better spent on those box sets....

Benn

Posted: 25 Oct 06, 06:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

POW WOW... All you've done is state the obvious.

Say something interesting and thought-provoking please. Add some new element to this thread.

GB
.Jony. user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 78 posts

Posted: 25 Oct 06, 06:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Pow Pow is an idiot, don't listen to the man

I for one have the freddie box set and it literally blew me away. I'm ever thankfull that it got released. it must have been so much work to be put together, they didn't HAVE to do that, but they did.

and hey, anyone who wants "it's in everyone of us" for example can easily get it. there are channels. what's the big deal?

so keep up the good work, Greg. don't let the assholes let you down. some people DO appreciate the work behind it all. looking forward to more accomplishments and stuff being released.

pow wow user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 423 posts

Posted: 25 Oct 06, 07:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Queen Archivist wrote:

POW WOW... All you've done is state the obvious.

Say something interesting and thought-provoking please. Add some new element to this thread.

It's pointless Greg. All's I'll be doing is perpetuating your self promotion.

It's pointless you ask for our view and opinions when you can't contibute anything NEW yourself. It's always about you. I mean you couldnt even answer the question about YSM. Did he come through with the vids?

There has been many a constructive critique of your book given here by YOUR readers - people who have shelled out good money for YOUR product who feel they have not had value for money - that's a shame, but they may have a point.

I feel credit has been given where credit is due on past projects like the Freddie box set - I for one loved it.

I'd like to see more of the wit we used to get rather than the same template like rants.

It's all same old same old.

You need to bear in mind Greg that you can't please all the people all of the time.

"....you don't get that on X-Factor do you"
bobo the chimp user not visiting Queenzone.com
bobo the chimp
Deity: 12703 posts

Posted: 25 Oct 06, 07:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'll add something of worth; a dose of common sense.

Your visits are pointless. I might agree with a good deal of what you say, but it's like this - you're not going to convert people who have such a fervent dislike of you, just by posting in capitals and insisting your job is hard. They're either out of line and completely wrong, or they have a point. Either way they're not going to let go of it.

Can't you give it a rest? We know you're angry. We got that impression from the first 11000 threads you posted.

You keep lambasting us for doing nothing of worth (which is actually total bullshit - it just so happens that anything I do 'of worth' just isn't relevant to Queen, and thus doesn't wind up here!) yet you also keep up with this ridiculous behaviour. It doesn't suit civilised people. I know that sounds crazy coming from anyone on Queenzone, but really - aren't some of us above this shit?

"Your not funny, your not a good musician, theres a difference between being funny and being an idiot, you obviously being the latter" - Dave R Fuller

Posted: 25 Oct 06, 07:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Benn... I'm not permitted to take issue with those who make comments about my work, then?

Just because I have links to the band, so what? That has no connection to me making public my feelings. Why should it? You guys get so hugely pre-occupied with that.

How can GB do this... how can he do that...... he represents QPL, or Freddie.... or that...... It's all irrelevant bollocks that you let get in the way. My comments come from me.

Forget about the links I have to anything, my comments should be taken just like yours are. How bored would YOU get if people kept letting the company you work for blind them to the comments you were making? It's so tedious. I would simply prefer you to make a distinction between Greg Brooks and QPL.

Michael Schumacher has many opinions. Some are Ferrari friendly, some are not. Most of what he says comes from HIM; they are HIS views, not those of Ferrari.

"How can Michael say that, do this... what must Ferrari think of that? How can Ferrari have this person saying what he does? Michael represents Ferrari and should not be allowed to think for himself..... bla bla bla..."

It really is excessively boring to have everything you do and say immediately linked to a third party.

GB

Posted: 25 Oct 06, 07:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

To Zebonka12, who wrote...

Your visits are pointless. I might agree with a good deal of what you say, but it's like this -

YOU MIGHT AGREE WITH A GOOD DEAL I SAY..... IS THAT SO?

WELL THEN WHY THE HELL DON'T YOU HAVE THE BALLS TO COME OUT AND SO AT THE TIME??????

WHEN IT IS THE CASE THAT YOU, ZEBONKA "might agree with a good deal of what I say", HOW ABOUT SAYING SO THERE AND THEN, OPENLY, DESPITE INCURRING THE WRATH OF ALL YOUR CHUMS HERE ON QZ.

YOU WALKED RIGHT INTO THAT ONE Z. ALL YOU'VE DONE IS 100% ENDORSE EXEACTLY THE POINT I MADE IN MY OTHER THREAD (POSTING) THIS MORNING.

HAVE THE BALLS TO AGREE WITH ME AT THE TIME... NOT VAGUELY WEEKS OR MONTHS LATER WHEN YOU THINK IT WILL GO UNNOTICED.

GB

Posted: 25 Oct 06, 07:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hey POW WOW, you got me bang to rights.

>>> Book not selling well Greg..............all this self promotion <<<

You are totally on the ball Mr Pow Wow.

All this chat about my book - much of it from my good self - only goes to increase sales of QUEEN LIVE: A CONCERT DOCUMENTARY (published by Omnibus Press and available at all good book shops, and now in its new and revised form with a brand new Intro by BRIAN MAY).

Errors Shmerrors!!! As long as it sells I'm laughing all the way to the piggy bank.

Do you know that in the past 6 weeks, the book has sold an inexplicable 842 copies? Thats more than 100 per week.

Because the book emerged 10 years ago now, both myself and the publisher are staggered to see that it still sells anything behond the normal 100 copies per month all this time later. And then suddenly, WALLOP!, out of the blue, 842 additional sales.

We cannot account for this strange and much welcome phenomenon, but I can tell you that it equates DIRECTLY to all the chat on QZ - good and bad. Coincodence? I don't know.

It's true... ANY publicity (good or bad) is great publicity. Even QZ publicity is great. I'm not complaining. I'm only inciting comment and reaction, and my God I've been getting it.

Keep it coming everyone. Bad reviews, great ones. I don't care. Another 800 sales will pay for a nice holiday, ta very much.

GB
Asterik user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 649 posts

Posted: 25 Oct 06, 08:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Greg, I've kept out of this for a month now because I wanted to give you a chance but I'm afraid that puerile behaviour like this does you and your case no favours at all. All of the shouting in the world will not remove the fact that your book contains a number of errors that people as consumers, feel rightly aggrieved about. The extent of those are debatable, I won't contest you on that. However for whatever reasons, your visits to Queenzone have become increasingly ridiculous, like matinee pantomimes with a script in capital letters, and it is one show that I'm not willing to go on with!

hj
Wilki Amieva user not visiting Queenzone.com
We must all HEAR to believe
Wilki Amieva
Royalty: 1420 posts

Posted: 25 Oct 06, 08:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I guess that those extra sales of your book COULD BE related to its offering along the new Freddie book in sites like Amazon. Good for you!

Lester Burnham user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5870 posts

Posted: 25 Oct 06, 09:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Wilki Amieva wrote:

I guess that those extra sales of your book COULD BE related to its offering along the new Freddie book in sites like Amazon. Good for you!

Shh shh shh... let him keep on believing it's because of the good / bad publicity on QZ!

bobo the chimp user not visiting Queenzone.com
bobo the chimp
Deity: 12703 posts

Posted: 25 Oct 06, 09:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Queen Archivist wrote:

To Zebonka12, who wrote...

Your visits are pointless. I might agree with a good deal of what you say, but it's like this -

YOU MIGHT AGREE WITH A GOOD DEAL I SAY..... IS THAT SO?

WELL THEN WHY THE HELL DON'T YOU HAVE THE BALLS TO COME OUT AND SO AT THE TIME??????

WHEN IT IS THE CASE THAT YOU, ZEBONKA "might agree with a good deal of what I say", HOW ABOUT SAYING SO THERE AND THEN, OPENLY, DESPITE INCURRING THE WRATH OF ALL YOUR CHUMS HERE ON QZ.

YOU WALKED RIGHT INTO THAT ONE Z. ALL YOU'VE DONE IS 100% ENDORSE EXEACTLY THE POINT I MADE IN MY OTHER THREAD (POSTING) THIS MORNING.

HAVE THE BALLS TO AGREE WITH ME AT THE TIME... NOT VAGUELY WEEKS OR MONTHS LATER WHEN YOU THINK IT WILL GO UNNOTICED.

No jackass, you miss the point. (Perhaps deliberately).

I say 'I might agree with you' as a hypothetical. The truth is I don't care. Fuck your book. Fuck it right in the ear. The point is, I could agree with you 100%, but what does it change? People are still going to be arseholes.

Christ.

"Your not funny, your not a good musician, theres a difference between being funny and being an idiot, you obviously being the latter" - Dave R Fuller
Wilki Amieva user not visiting Queenzone.com
We must all HEAR to believe
Wilki Amieva
Royalty: 1420 posts

Posted: 25 Oct 06, 09:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

By the way, Greg, I am NOT 'against' you or anything like that. Sometimes I just dislike your attitude ...or someone else's, for that matter, but when that happens I TRY to keep that to me. Why? Because public discussions often lead to nowhere - more probably when people is in a bad mood rather than an easy one.

QUEENZone HAS communication problems - our society as a whole does. But seeing this as 'hate' is just plain wrong and will only lead to worst things. The world we created, out there, is a good example of this.

Example: The "thread deletion" affair. You acted from your own thoughs that someone was 'against' you. (In fact you also reacted quite badly to some of my comments when I was only trying to help. I guess that you just misread them or perhaps I was not clear enough. But I could not possibily think that you 'hate' me, could I?)

I am not saying that perhaps a couple of individuals (not that I know any of them) do inexplicably HATE you - but you are now a public face connected to a huge organization and unfortunately that comes with the whole package. The only advice I could give you is to ignore those 'haters'.

Now back to the QUEEN world: Would you please contact me? It seems that I lost your e-mail address.

Queenman!! user not visiting Queenzone.com
Queenman!!
Bohemian: 931 posts

Posted: 25 Oct 06, 10:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Come on Greg, try to act like an adult! Don't let some people spoil your attitude. Some are only testing you right to the edge!

You made us laugh, you made us cry, you made us feel like we could fly!
Benn user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1332 posts

Posted: 25 Oct 06, 11:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Greg,

>>Benn... I'm not permitted to take issue with those who make comments about my work, then?

Of course you are, and it's absolutely your right to do so, but how on earth you manage to get *SO* wound up by people that are clearly either illiterate, insane or just plain ignorant is beyond me. People that hide behind assumed names are just not worth the energy it takes t use your keyboard. I guess I'm just surprised that you don't just COMPLETELY ignore them.

>>Just because I have links to the band, so what? That has no connection to me making public my feelings. Why should it? You guys get so hugely pre-occupied with that.

Part of the reason for that is that YOU are (unfortunately) the ONLY visible link in to the band. It's almost like being a third f the way in to findingo ut what the release schedules are goign to be for the coming 12 months. People that don't know any better immediately assume that by talking to you, they are talking to the band or QPL. I'd hope that you would be putting the more serious points of view that siome of us have to "the powers that be" in the hope that the best thoughts get to the decision-makers.

There is ABSOLUTELY no forum for sensible, normal, literate Queen fans to put their points across to QPL. For another example of "what would be nice", take the toy manufacturer Hasbro; they have a weekly question-and-answer session based on questions put to them by Star Wars fans through theforce.net. And the answers are distinct, relevant and to the point. From that a feeling of worth permeates through the collecting world.

I understand that QPL / EMI / Brian / Roger etc possibly can't be bothered to field any of the crap that would come their way fro the Queen community, but I certainly would be prepared - AND THIS IS SOMEONE PUTTING THEIR HAND UP TO HELP / DO SOMETHING - to collate questions from the Queen collecting community on a weekly / monthly basis and then submit them to either yourself or smeone within QPL / EMI for a constructive, poignant response.

Greg, this is an offer of help / assistance to enable you to step away from the crap that gets fired at you - if you would like to take it up, please don't hesitate to get in touch:

benn@kempster.fsnet.co.uk

Benn
Simon says87 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 32 posts

Posted: 25 Oct 06, 12:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Come on Greg, it's obvious that you want a fight, again.

When are you gonna play in Denmark again?
ern2150 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 302 posts

Posted: 25 Oct 06, 12:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Queen Archivist wrote:

Keep it coming everyone. Bad reviews, great ones. I don't care. Another 800 sales will pay for a nice holiday, ta very much.

Greg -- if the original (or reprint) is still selling, you know what that means.

It's a "Greatest Hits."

TIME FOR A RE-ISSUE :)

runner70 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 147 posts

Posted: 25 Oct 06, 12:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

pow wow wrote:

Book not selling well Greg..............all this self promotion :-)
The Freddie box set was a great feat in compilation I'd give you that, but I'd also say I've got Freddie to thank for the quality of the box set more so than yourself.

Very well said!
Childish stupid post from a guy with an ego problem and not enough self esteem!
Silly!
If you get Brian to read this he would fire him....