Forums > Queen - Serious Discussion > So who thinks this new album will be any good???

forum rss feed
Author

mircal user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 555 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 26 Oct 06, 05:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I think it will be of good quality. These guys have been playing live for a while now, so they know how to work each other. Who knows who it will appeal to, i know queens fan base is huge so charting high is not a question. But will it produce some high ranking singles??? interested to hear you thoughts people.

Monsieur Nobs user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 20 posts

Posted: 26 Oct 06, 05:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I think the album will be quite good. At least it won't be a disaster. Rodgers, May and Taylor together have an estimated studio experience of a 100 years. They should know what is worth to be released. On the other hand I highly doubt there will be a massive success on the single market.

Togg user not visiting Queenzone.com
Togg
Deity: 2393 posts

Posted: 26 Oct 06, 05:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I think we could be in for a very different album than before, if a) what Brian has said is really correct and not Brian being overly happy to be back in the studio, b) Roger has recently produced "Woman you're so beautiful" which is very unlike anything he has before, and c) Paul said he wanted to push Brian and Roger into "jamming on the blues"

All in all this may well not please everyone, but I think it sounds pretty interesting, after all Queen never have released what people expected, there has been a lot of mis-direction over the years and what everyone thought they were about to come out with turned out to be incorrect.

We wait and see, but yes I think it will be good

"It is better to sit in silence and have people think you're a fool, then to open your mouth and remove all doubt"
mattsmith user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 125 posts

Posted: 26 Oct 06, 07:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I am hoping that the new album will be good.
Rather than sticking with one type of music, I expect a diverse range of songs which has always been a trademark of Queen.

Although I think that the album will be OK, I'm pretty sure that some Queen fans will like it, and others will probably be quite disappointed.

We will just have to wait and see what happens.
Fingers crossed!!

Matt

Innuendo or Kashmir? Both awesome!
Freddies Delilah user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 420 posts

Posted: 26 Oct 06, 07:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I just wish they had found a new band name. To me, if they had wanted to record something with Paul, then they should've just gone ahead with it - just not with the name Queen. To me, Queen won't ever be Queen without Freddie.
But who knows? I just hope I don't start talking ot Queen about someone and they start saying how much they like their lead singer, Paul.
By we'll just have to wait. Que Sera Sera. (or however you spell it)

Four old ladies, still rocking away :)
Dan C. user not visiting Queenzone.com
Dan C.
Royalty: 1544 posts

Posted: 26 Oct 06, 07:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'm interested to see what comes out. But, I DO want Brian and Roger to sing some.

"The tri-tone is the Devil's interval, and he demands resolution." - Richard Lloyd
OZ Queen user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 5 posts

Posted: 26 Oct 06, 08:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

i honestly dont think the album will be any good. it definetly wont be queen, freddie's voice was the sound for queen not paul rodgers, i would rather just see them live than do a new album or simply just brian & roger do the album they both sing , they dont need paul rodgers there. i would still buy it but out of respect of being a queen fan.

s.m. user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 291 posts

Posted: 26 Oct 06, 10:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

there is no new queen album, and there will never be a new queen album
queen was a group of 4 brilliant individuals
queen is no more, because they are missing 2 members
they are missing their soul
you can´t exist without the soul
now they are just brian may and roger taylor, and that bloke that can sing great, exepct when he sings queen songs ( the show must go on on rock honors is a joke, but i wasnt laughing, i was just embarrassed as a queen fan )
a brilliant guitar player, and a brilliant drummer, but no memebers of the supergroup that was unique
that is my only comment about the album from those 3 guys

She was my lover

It was a shame that she died

But the constitution´s right on my side

Cos I cought my lover in my neighbours bed

I got retribution, filled´em full of lead
Another Roger (re) user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 442 posts

Posted: 26 Oct 06, 10:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

s.m. wrote:

there is no new queen album, and there will never be a new queen album
queen was a group of 4 brilliant individuals
queen is no more, because they are missing 2 members
they are missing their soul
you can´t exist without the soul
now they are just brian may and roger taylor, and that bloke that can sing great, exepct when he sings queen songs ( the show must go on on rock honors is a joke, but i wasnt laughing, i was just embarrassed as a queen fan )
a brilliant guitar player, and a brilliant drummer, but no memebers of the supergroup that was unique
that is my only comment about the album from those 3 guys

What a narrowminded way to see Queen. If Brian and Roger want to call it Queen, than it is Queen. It might be crap, but still its Queen. I expect this album to be very solid. I do not think we will get experimental music like in the 70s. It will be solid rock with some ballads in between.

When you say a song without Freddievocal isnt Queen. What do you call Drowse, 39, sail away sweet sister, Some day one day, Loser in the end, Tenement Funster etc? Which band are playing those songs?

I am tired of hearing that it cant be Queen without Freddie. Its not up to us to decide. If you dont like it so go to hell. Nobody will miss you. Go and listen to The Feeling, Muse, Green Day instead. I dont care, noone does.

Basically blind em and deaf em in the first 10 minutes, and while they are recovering from that put in the less good songs
una999 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 598 posts

Posted: 26 Oct 06, 15:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

i have a feeling it could be like the innuendo album - brian better do some piano on the album, cos it gives it balance.

will it be a good album? sometimes i think brian has too much time on his ands with songs - or example, take i can't live with you re-worked for the queen rocks album - every line has a bit of guitar in it, and i just thought it was a bit gimmicky.

they have to do something bombastic - don't blame brian and roger - freddie is the one who ruined the band with his lifestyle - that's just a fact.

bohemian 11513 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1347 posts

Posted: 26 Oct 06, 15:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It´ll be epic... thanx to Paul Rodgers!

Keep in mind all you "young guns" out there...
NO Paul Rodgers = NO Queen... just like i.e. NO Debbie = NO Rog!!!

Shoot for the moon... even if you fail you will land among the stars!

AlexRocks user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1358 posts

Posted: 26 Oct 06, 17:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

This WILL be the SIXTEENTH Queen studio l.p. I have been looking forward to Queen continueing for over one decade now. I can't wait!

scprof user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 232 posts

Posted: 26 Oct 06, 17:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I wonder if they will include the songs that they've already performed live @ the 46664 concerts and the one that PR wrote for the last tour.

Death to Rapidshare. Long Live BitTorrent!!
BRYCE THE TROLL user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 313 posts

Posted: 26 Oct 06, 19:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

AlexRocks wrote:

This WILL be the SIXTEENTH Queen studio l.p. I have been looking forward to Queen continueing for over one decade now. I can't wait!

it will not be a "Queen" album becuse "Queen" is not continuing YOU FUCKTARD!

Hooligan's Holiday user not visiting Queenzone.com
Hooligan's Holiday
Royalty: 1002 posts

Posted: 26 Oct 06, 19:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I think it ought to be teriffic!

We are, we are the saints

We signed our life away

Doesn't matter what you think

We're gonna do it anyway

We are, we are the saints

One day you will confess

And pray to the

Saints of Los Angeles
innuendo1991 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 13 posts

Posted: 26 Oct 06, 19:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I know it's not up to us, but I agree that with that retard Paul Rodgers, it will be ruined. I can't even watch the 2005 tour songs sung by retard because he puts so many fancy bits in which aren't Queen. He can't reach all of the notes but thinks he can. I love listening to Brian and Roger, they could make an album under the name of something other than Queen but something related. e.g. 'Queen...In another light' or 'Queen...Still going strong'. I dunno, but I think they might need to be careful what they do. (It's just my opinion.)

Why can't Pacman get a say in things these days?
NJQueenFan user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 187 posts

Posted: 26 Oct 06, 20:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I think it'll be quite good. Those are 3 extremely talented musicians there. Honestly, I think Freddie and John were somewhat detrimental to Queen at some points. They were the ones that convinced Rog and Bri to stary from hard rock in the 80s....and we were left with crap like Hot Space and 1/2 of AKOM. I'm afraid of what Queen would've been in the 80s had Bri and Rog not been there backing up their rock roots.

"So you think you can stone me and spit in my eye? So you think you can love me and leave me to die?"

-Bohemian Rhapsody
ok.computer user not visiting Queenzone.com
ok.computer
Bohemian: 600 posts

Posted: 26 Oct 06, 21:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Bohemian<font size="1"></f! wrote:

It´ll be epic... thanx to Paul Rodgers!

Don't push your luck...

"Just tryin' to have a little fun, folks..."
Boy Thomas Raker user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 969 posts

Posted: 26 Oct 06, 21:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Another Roger (re) said:

"What a narrowminded way to see Queen. If Brian and Roger want to call it Queen, than it is Queen."

According to you, Brian, Roger and anyone who doesn't care who Queen is. To dismiss everyone else's opinion is ironically narrow minded.

"I am tired of hearing that it cant be Queen without Freddie."

And some people are tired of hearing Brian refer to "Queen" going into the studio this month, when there are no Freddie or John.

"Its not up to us to decide. If you dont like it so go to hell."

Correct, it's not up to us to decide, but are you comfortable being told to go to hell by someone's who is of the opinion that Queen is Roger, Brian, Freddie and John?

"Nobody will miss you. Go and listen to The Feeling, Muse, Green Day instead. I dont care, noone does."

For someone who doesn't care, you're very tired of this argument, and agitated enough to tell intelligent people to go to hell because they disagree with you. I'd hate to see your response if you did care.

You know, good times are now.
BRYCE THE TROLL user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 313 posts

Posted: 26 Oct 06, 22:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

damn,baker good job!