Forums > Queen - Serious Discussion > Regarding the Queen Archivist

forum rss feed
Author

kirkpatrickuk user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 54 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 26 Oct 06, 10:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I find it quite disturbing to read all of this mud slinging and abuse that mainly seems to come from "Queen Archivist" towards John S Stuart. I've been an avid user of this site for years and I feel that the tone has been lowered. John S Stuart has been a fantastic source of information to many people over the years and cant really be knocked for it. Frankly, I've never believed that "Queen Archivist" is the real Greg Brooks. I've worked in the music business for years and people with Queen Archivist's attitude (childish and immature)wouldn't have a chance of getting anywhere and certainly aren't tolerated. I would doubt if a man like Brian May would want to work closely with someone like Q.A. I dont know if anyone else feels the same as me but isn't about time we all just discussed our common inerest - Queen? One of the problem with the internet is identity theft (as BM recently pointed out). We could all pretend to be Greg Brooks couldn't we?

The Fake Greg Brooks user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Fake Greg Brooks
Rocker: 44 posts

Posted: 26 Oct 06, 12:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Who would want to pretend to be Greg Brooks?

Oh, whoops!

Rien user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2204 posts

Posted: 26 Oct 06, 13:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

At the last Dutch Queen meeting on October 21st I asked Greg Brooks if he was the Queen Archivist on Queenzone. He told me he indeed was Queen Archivist. (As YourValentine has told us before) But it's very easy to create a nickname that's very similar to Queen Archivist.
I take little notice of the debates between Greg and John on Queenzone so I don't take one's side in this.
I have talked with Greg and he seems okay to me. I've read John's posts about Queen material and have had some mail contact with him. He seems okay to me too.

Feel free to visit my site - http://www.mercuryparadise.com

(Come into my life, it's a MercuryParadise)
.Jony. user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 78 posts

Posted: 26 Oct 06, 13:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I've read massages from both parties

(meaning: Greg versus basically the whole board)

ridiculous threads like this one make my blood boil

I absolute despise the massive aggressivness against the man who was the driving force behind many Queen releases.

I can't believe that grown up people with a job like Togg can act like such a dick.

I think greg is really polite and reasonable considering the shit he gets thrown at him. me, I wouldn't be so polite.

The Leader user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 40 posts

Posted: 26 Oct 06, 13:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Gregie boy rulez!!! He is such a cutie... Fred would have loved to fuck him... well at least once!

Queen Archivist user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 850 posts

Posted: 26 Oct 06, 13:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

To Jony...

I absolute despise the massive aggressivness against the man who was the driving force behind many Queen releases.

WELL DONE MATE. I WHOLE HEARTEDLY AGREE. GOOD FOR YOU; SOMEONE WHO SEES THE BIGGER PICTURE.

AT LAST A PERSON WITH SENSE - AND AN EXCEPTIONAL JUDGE OF CHARACTER TOO!!

I think greg is really polite and reasonable considering the shit he gets thrown at him. me, I wouldn't be so polite

QUITE RIGHT. WELL SAID.

WE'VE NEVER MET, JONY, HAVE WE???? BUT CONSIDER YOURSELF OWED A SHANDY OR TWO.

WHAT A FINE UPSTANDING AND SENSIBLE PERSON YOU ARE. YOU AND ME ARE IN A MINORITY THOUGH!

GB

Posted: 26 Oct 06, 13:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Gregie boy rulez!!! He is such a cutie.

THIS IS TRUE ALSO.

GB

Posted: 26 Oct 06, 13:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I find Greg to be a really nice bloke and very willing to talk about things as long as it's away from the QZ lunatic asylum. I think Greg is an exceptionally talented young man - he's 40 but only looks 34 - and I wish that more of you people could meet him and see what joy and laughs and sunshine he brings with him wherever he is. He is a total sweetie pie lovely handsome and generally great individual.

THIS IS TRUE AS WELL. THANKS MUM.

GB
Donna13 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1683 posts

Posted: 26 Oct 06, 14:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

"I find Greg to be a really nice bloke and very willing to talk about things as long as it's away from the QZ lunatic asylum. I think Greg is an exceptionally talented young man - he's 40 but only looks 34 - and I wish that more of you people could meet him and see what joy and laughs and sunshine he brings with him wherever he is. He is a total sweetie pie lovely handsome and generally great individual."

Dear Mrs. Brooks,

Thank you for doing such a good job raising Greg. We all appreciate the hard work you put into that challenging job. I hope you visit us again soon.

Love,

Donna

The Leader user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 40 posts

Posted: 26 Oct 06, 14:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Queen Archivist wrote:

..THIS IS TRUE AS WELL. THANKS MUM.

Told ya guys and gals... he´s a motherfucker!!!

.Jony. user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 78 posts

Posted: 26 Oct 06, 14:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Queen Archivist wrote:

To Jony...

WELL DONE MATE. I WHOLE HEARTEDLY AGREE. GOOD FOR YOU; SOMEONE WHO SEES THE BIGGER PICTURE.

AT LAST A PERSON WITH SENSE - AND AN EXCEPTIONAL JUDGE OF CHARACTER TOO!!

I think greg is really polite and reasonable considering the shit he gets thrown at him. me, I wouldn't be so polite

QUITE RIGHT. WELL SAID.

WE'VE NEVER MET, JONY, HAVE WE???? BUT CONSIDER YOURSELF OWED A SHANDY OR TWO.

WHAT A FINE UPSTANDING AND SENSIBLE PERSON YOU ARE. YOU AND ME ARE IN A MINORITY THOUGH!

no, we've never met

I'm actually a QOL regular. did you know that JSS even comes there, bringing his unwanted message of pure arrogance and hate?

it's at that point that I became curious and decided to have a look around here.

I'm mesmerized by all this arrogance. how can you cope with all this shit?

believe me, I have been on the recieving end of much much flack on QOL. I know the drill. these guys just love to fight and feel important because they have just slagged off the Queen archivist. they must have small dicks I guess

hell, I'm sure they would even slag off brian if he would post here. would make them feel so important.

well guess what, unfortunately for them I noticed. they will all soon know why I recieve much flack on QOL

Rien user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2204 posts

Posted: 26 Oct 06, 17:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

And I thought this was the Serious Discussion board...

Feel free to visit my site - http://www.mercuryparadise.com

(Come into my life, it's a MercuryParadise)
Mike Label user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 162 posts

Posted: 26 Oct 06, 17:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

"It won´t get any better than this!"

- Can it get worse?

Ale_Pisa user not visiting Queenzone.com
Ale_Pisa
Bohemian: 901 posts

Posted: 26 Oct 06, 17:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Greg and John are two faces of the same medal! :)

Sorry for my english! :(
Togg user not visiting Queenzone.com
Togg
Deity: 2392 posts

Posted: 27 Oct 06, 08:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Rien wrote:

And I thought this was the Serious Discussion board...

Lol, don't worry Half term is nearly over and they will all soon be back in their classes.

"It is better to sit in silence and have people think you're a fool, then to open your mouth and remove all doubt"
Fireplace user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 889 posts

Posted: 27 Oct 06, 11:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

young_strat_man wrote:

Look Gregory. Stop your childish, good for nothing, moronic rants on QZ! You want everyone on your side, or there will be HELL to pay! Correct?? Ok...

HEIL HITLER! MEIN FUHRER!

I'm sure if your beloved Nazi's came back to power you'd be the first to go up against the wall. Your attitude is disgusting, as is everyone pretending to be in charge of this board while condoning your Nazi propaganda.

Posted: 27 Oct 06, 18:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Good evening to you DONNA13. It's Greg's mum Mrs Brooks here.

Dear Mrs. Brooks,

Thank you for doing such a good job raising Greg. We all appreciate the hard work you put into that challenging job. I hope you visit us again soon.

Love,

Donna

DEAREST DONNA,

WOULD YOU LIKE TO JOIN MY SON, GREG, AND I FOR TEA THIS COMING SUNDAY EVENING?

WE WILL BE PARTAKING OF CUCUMBER AND SALMON SANDWICHES, JELLY AND ICE CREAM, AND IT WILL BE SPLENDID. YOU WILL BE MOST WELCOME.

ANYONE WHO HAS NICE THINGS TO SAY ABOUT MY LOVELY BOY GREG, IS CLEARLY A VERY INTELLIGENT PERSON WITH ASTUTE JUDGEMENT OF CHARACTER, AND I'D LOVE YOU TO COME TO MY HOME (A LITTLE COTTAGE) AND HAVE A LOVELY TIME. I'LL MAKE RASPBERRY TRIFLE TOO. ARE YOU ALLERGIC TO NUTS?

AND... BY THE WAY... THOSE ON QZ WHO HAVE BEEN VILE AND INSULTING AND GENERALLY BEASTLY TO MY GREG, SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF THEMSELVES... ESPECIALLY THE STRAT_MAN... WHO LOOKS TO BE A PROPER LITTLE TURD... OOOOH, PLEASE EXCUSE ME. THAT WORD JUST SLIPPED OUT. I 'DON'T USUSALLY USE THAT KIND OF LANGUAGE, BUT I THINK YOU'LL AGREE THAT YOUNG_TWAT_MAN (AS GREG CALLS HIM) IS CERTAINLY IN A SIMILIAR INTELLECTUAL LEAGUE AS A HUMAN TURD.

ANYWAY, WE LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOU DEAR DONNA13. PLEASE FEEL FREEE TO BRING A CHUM. AND BE PROMPT FOR 6.15 BECAUSE I MUSTN'T MISS ANTIQUES ROADSHOW, DEAR.

SORRY TO WRITE IN BIG LETTERS, DEARS... I'M A BIT DEAF.

I SAID, I'M A BIT DEAF.

LOVE TO YOU ALL, AND GOD BLESS ALL BUT THAT YSM WEIRDO.

MRS BROOKS

GB

Posted: 28 Oct 06, 23:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

DEAREST DONNA,

WOULD YOU LIKE TO JOIN MY SON, GREG, AND I FOR TEA THIS COMING SUNDAY EVENING?

- I would love to. I really really cannot think of anything I would rather do, and therefore it is so sad for me to tell you that I have to stay here in Virginia and give my dogs a bath on Sunday evening. You see, the vet is coming next week and I don't want her to think I'm a bad owner. Besides my previous (soapy and wet) commitment, I have recently let my passport expire (oooh - a bad thing to do, I think). I will have to write to the State Dept. about that little problem as soon as possible.

WE WILL BE PARTAKING OF CUCUMBER AND SALMON SANDWICHES, JELLY AND ICE CREAM, AND IT WILL BE SPLENDID. YOU WILL BE MOST WELCOME.

-Mmmm. That does sound yummy, Mrs. Brooks.

ANYONE WHO HAS NICE THINGS TO SAY ABOUT MY LOVELY BOY GREG, IS CLEARLY A VERY INTELLIGENT PERSON WITH ASTUTE JUDGEMENT OF CHARACTER, AND I'D LOVE YOU TO COME TO MY HOME (A LITTLE COTTAGE) AND HAVE A LOVELY TIME. I'LL MAKE RASPBERRY TRIFLE TOO. ARE YOU ALLERGIC TO NUTS?

- No, I'm not allergic to nuts (thank you for asking), however, my judgement of character can be slightly off sometimes - but sometimes it can be really "spot on" - then off, then on. But you know how that can be. I just rely on my intuition most of the time ... and I am thankful for a little divine intervention on occasion (whether or not I ask for it, and I usually don't ask for it). I'm sure you know what I mean, Mrs. Brooks. Oh, and I hope to see your cottage another time. It must be very beautiful.

AND... BY THE WAY... THOSE ON QZ WHO HAVE BEEN VILE AND INSULTING AND GENERALLY BEASTLY TO MY GREG, SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF THEMSELVES... ESPECIALLY THE STRAT_MAN... WHO LOOKS TO BE A PROPER LITTLE TURD... OOOOH, PLEASE EXCUSE ME. THAT WORD JUST SLIPPED OUT. I 'DON'T USUSALLY USE THAT KIND OF LANGUAGE, BUT I THINK YOU'LL AGREE THAT YOUNG_TWAT_MAN (AS GREG CALLS HIM) IS CERTAINLY IN A SIMILIAR INTELLECTUAL LEAGUE AS A HUMAN TURD.

- Bless you, dear. Would you like some smelling salts?

ANYWAY, WE LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOU DEAR DONNA13. PLEASE FEEL FREEE TO BRING A CHUM. AND BE PROMPT FOR 6.15 BECAUSE I MUSTN'T MISS ANTIQUES ROADSHOW, DEAR.

- I'm terribly sorry I can't make it this time, but I do hope you will invite me again. Enjoy your antiques show! Maybe Greg can bring you your ice cream in front of the TV and you can put your feet up! (Or do they not do that in a proper British household?)

SORRY TO WRITE IN BIG LETTERS, DEARS... I'M A BIT DEAF.

I SAID, I'M A BIT DEAF.

- Yes.

LOVE TO YOU ALL, AND GOD BLESS ALL BUT THAT YSM WEIRDO.

MRS BROOKS

- Thank you so much Mrs. Brooks. It was lovely to hear from you again. Take care.

Love,

Donna

Leaky Luke user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 619 posts

Posted: 29 Oct 06, 08:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

This is getting pathetic. Do we really have to raise a person's status up at this place.

John and Greg both did good things and perhaps bad things, they are both human beings with their opinion about things.

There is no reason to build up a propaganda to each side to make the person more loveable at this website.

Micrówave wrote: I would prefer they release a concert of all four sitting at a table just talking about Queen without exerting any kind of energy. Well, maybe Fred can smoke

Posted: 29 Oct 06, 10:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The Asassinator wrote:

This is getting pathetic. Do we really have to raise a person's status up at this place.

John and Greg both did good things and perhaps bad things, they are both human beings with their opinion about things.

There is no reason to build up a propaganda to each side to make the person more loveable at this website.

I agree. And I think we can all agree that both John and Greg are already loveable enough!!! So, maybe they (and we) can now get back to a more loveable conversation about Queen.