Forums > Sharing The Music - Announce > "Without Freddie there isn't a band called Queen"

forum rss feed
Author

kenny8 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 150 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 27 Oct 06, 06:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Here's a link of a quote from Brian May in 1992 that was disputed here.

http://rapidshare.com/files/867708/queen_farewell.avi.html

andy1962 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 502 posts

Posted: 27 Oct 06, 09:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

queen died when freddie died.i hate it that they still use queen & ??????.why don't they use smile & paul rodgers?????.or smile paul rodgers you now have some money???

nr myatt user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 1 posts

Posted: 27 Oct 06, 11:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

that is really true hes crap anyway now there is nothing to smile about

nr myatt
Jjeroen user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4781 posts

Posted: 27 Oct 06, 11:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Black Sabbath
Deep Purple
Genesis
Pink Floyd
Iron Maiden
Kiss
AC/DC
Savatage
Van Halen
The Who
The Doors
Golden Earring
Guns n Roses
Rolling Stones

Queen?

una999 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 598 posts

Posted: 27 Oct 06, 11:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

really get a bloody life will you.

u are not in the band queen and never will be.

brian and roger founded the band - they can do whatever the hell they want to do with it.

kiss my ass

Posted: 27 Oct 06, 12:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

una999 wrote:

brian and roger founded the band - they can do whatever the hell they want to do with it.

kiss my ass

No, they founded A band. Not THE band. The guy with the ideas wasn't on board back then.

I don't know why Jimmy Page & Paul Rodgers came up with The Firm, they should've called the band Led Zepplin.

mercuryplant user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 48 posts

Posted: 27 Oct 06, 13:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

A DIRTY SHAME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

frank39 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 478 posts

Posted: 27 Oct 06, 13:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Paul Rodgers was the Brian´s/Roger´s biggest mistake

The Real Wizard user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Real Wizard
Deity: 18629 posts

Posted: 27 Oct 06, 13:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

kenny8 wrote:

I don't know why Jimmy Page & Paul Rodgers came up with The Firm, they should've called the band Led Zepplin.

The Firm had one Led Zeppelin member, not all four. Considering you didn't know how to spell "Zeppelin", you probably don't know a thing about them, so that means you know even less about The Firm.

I swear, somehow most of the world's musically ignorant people find a way to migrate to Queenzone.

"The more generous you are with your music, the more it comes back to you." -- Dan Lampinski

http://www.queenlive.ca
Jjeroen user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4781 posts

Posted: 27 Oct 06, 13:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

This same shit AGAIN??

If you want to download the item presented here, download it.

If you want to quarrel ONCE AGAIN about the Queen-name and or Paul Rodgers FUCK OFF AND POST YOUR COMMENTS IN ONE OF THE ONE HUNDRED AND A DOZEN TOPICS THAT ARE ALREADY ON THIS BOARD ABOUT THIS.

This is FUCKING annoying!

Asterik user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 649 posts

Posted: 27 Oct 06, 17:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I have no problem with Paul Rogers working with Brian and Roger, he does a good job on the songs and they are making good music. I have a few reservations with Brian and Roger calling themselves Queen however, but I suppose it keeps the flag flying.

hj
bohemian 11513 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1347 posts

Posted: 27 Oct 06, 18:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

jeroen wrote:

Black Sabbath
Deep Purple
Genesis
Pink Floyd
Iron Maiden
Kiss
AC/DC
Savatage
Van Halen
The Who
The Doors
Golden Earring
Guns n Roses
Rolling Stones

Queen?

NO John = No Queen !!!

PS: Of course... NO John = NO...

...Black Sabbath
...Deep Purple
...Genesis
...Pink Floyd
...Iron Maiden
...Kiss
...AC/DC
...Savatage
...Van Halen
...The Who
...The Doors
...Golden Earring
...Guns n Roses
...Rolling Stones... AS WELL!!!

PPS: ;-)

Shoot for the moon... even if you fail you will land among the stars!

Smitty user not visiting Queenzone.com
Cool, we have display messages
Smitty
Deity: 6196 posts

Posted: 27 Oct 06, 20:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

kenny8 wrote:

Here's a link of a quote from Brian May in 1992 that was disputed here.

http://rapidshare.com/files/867708/queen_farewell.avi.html

I stand corrected.

Of course it doesn't matter anyway.

Posted: 28 Oct 06, 00:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Not to you, obviously. I mean, it sounded all very respectful back then, didn't it?

I'm annoyed at the ridicule this move has been greeted with in the media. Finally Queen got some well deserved respect, and Freddie was recognised for the genius he was....and they go and do this.

It seems the acceptance of mediocrity has seeped through to this level. Queen used to be unique because Freddie Mercury himself was unique in so many ways...and that's what always seperated them from all the other bands.

Some of the rubbish and comparisons to other bands I've read here are laughable and juvenile in the extreme. I realise it must be difficult accepting that you'll never get the chance to see the real Queen ever perform. I saw them a couple of times and it's something I know I'll never see the like of again. But it's gone and no amount of sticking your head in the sand, or accepting the sheer greedy, tasteless and tacky idea of a new studio album with a different singer could ever bring back.

The Real Wizard user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Real Wizard
Deity: 18629 posts

Posted: 28 Oct 06, 01:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

jeroen wrote:

Black Sabbath
Deep Purple
Genesis
Pink Floyd
Iron Maiden
Kiss
AC/DC
Savatage
Van Halen
The Who
The Doors
Golden Earring
Guns n Roses
Rolling Stones

Queen?

Yeah, I've tried that route before, too. For some reason, there are far too many people who believe Queen are exempt from this. Hell, even INXS kept their name.

"The more generous you are with your music, the more it comes back to you." -- Dan Lampinski

http://www.queenlive.ca

Posted: 28 Oct 06, 02:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Posted: 28 Oct 06, 02:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

sorry double

Posted: 28 Oct 06, 02:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

kenny8 wrote:

Sir GH<br><h6>ah yeah</h6> wrote:. For some reason, there are far too many people who believe Queen are exempt from this. Hell, even INXS kept their name.

And look at the credibility INXS have. Soon to be playing at a club near you.

You'd have thought that Queen would descend into the Van Halen type argument? Dave or Sammy?? If you want cred you know who to side with. But so many of the comparisons don't compare. The Stones will be the Stones as long as the ESSENTIAL MIX is intact, Mick, Keith & Charlie. Daltrey & Entwhistle used to tour and as much as Daltrey claimed it was his band, even he knows that without Townshend it's not the Who. AC/DC had their first major success with Back In Black. They never had the world wide profile under Scott as they would later achieve with Johnson. If this new "Queen" album achieves a tenth the success of any old album, I'll be gobsmacked. The Doors finished with Morrison, I don't even know why that's a serious comparison. You can't believe what they did recently with Astbury as credible?? Why not add the "New Cars" to that list. To much hilarity they're on the road without Ocasek or the fellow who looked like Roger Taylor, the other vocalist bassist(?) who sang "Drive"(who sadly passed away)?

If anybody thinks Queen & Paul Rodgers will be able to do a Genesis and emerge in 2006 an even more successful outfit, please say so, otherwise what's it for? Keep playing & recording music guys, I love their stuff too obviously, but pay some respect and don't try and pretend you're something you are not. This is obvioulsy aimed to a market that discovered Queen post Mercury and missed experiencing the album/tour cycle. To those who grew up with the band for a period of some years and experienced the highs of things like Bo Rap, Live Aid, Wembley etc and then finally sharing the deep loss of Mercury and the incredible charitable work that followed, this incarnation is a sad greedy footnote to an irreplaceable, much loved and UNIQUE rock band.

But INXS is a great comparison, recently when appearing on Rockline IIRC, INXS left a question to next weeks guests, Brian & Roger, about replacing their lead singer as INXS were doing. Oh no, they could never do that they gushed.....

Jakobe user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 197 posts

Posted: 28 Oct 06, 02:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

andy1962 wrote:

queen died when freddie died.i hate it that they still use queen & ??????.why don't they use smile & paul rodgers?????.or smile paul rodgers you now have some money???

They can't do that! Smile died with Tim Staffel dude!

s.m. user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 291 posts

Posted: 28 Oct 06, 04:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

kenny8 wrote:

Not to you, obviously. I mean, it sounded all very respectful back then, didn't it?

I'm annoyed at the ridicule this move has been greeted with in the media. Finally Queen got some well deserved respect, and Freddie was recognised for the genius he was....and they go and do this.

It seems the acceptance of mediocrity has seeped through to this level. Queen used to be unique because Freddie Mercury himself was unique in so many ways...and that's what always seperated them from all the other bands.

Some of the rubbish and comparisons to other bands I've read here are laughable and juvenile in the extreme. I realise it must be difficult accepting that you'll never get the chance to see the real Queen ever perform. I saw them a couple of times and it's something I know I'll never see the like of again. But it's gone and no amount of sticking your head in the sand, or accepting the sheer greedy, tasteless and tacky idea of a new studio album with a different singer could ever bring back.

AMEN

She was my lover

It was a shame that she died

But the constitution´s right on my side

Cos I cought my lover in my neighbours bed

I got retribution, filled´em full of lead