Forums > Queen - General Discussion > Guitar players - RS sound, resonable price

forum rss feed
Author

M a t i a s M a y user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1932 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 28 Oct 06, 13:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

steal one

...End of the Beginning...

My Mystical Flog ---> http://www.fotolog.com/woodywoodbecker

A Clockwork World, my blog ---> http://aclockworkworld.blogspot.com
Adam Baboolal user not visiting Queenzone.com
Adam Baboolal
Deity: 4986 posts

Posted: 28 Oct 06, 17:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I've read on the red special board over at brianmayworld.com, that the RS travel guitar ain't that good at all. Have a search on their forum and you'll get some comments.

I'm keen to hear this RS sound you have. My own RS type sound (before I had a pair of RS guitars!) comes from a little known Hohner RTX model guitar, along with the treble booster in the vox deacy through some BritCombo modelling. It certainly gets very close in some places and from trying it out with my recent Vox AD50vt, I was surprised that it really does have similarities to the RS sound. But really, nothing matches the RS copies' thick distorted sound from bridge and middle in phase. Mmm... so good!

Adam.

redspecial85 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 141 posts

Posted: 29 Oct 06, 00:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Here's a suggestion if you're on a budget like I am and can't afford to buy a replica of the guitar or even a full rig like Brian has...I have a low end Ibanez which is their version of a Fat-Strat. Its a pretty decent guitar aside from the fact that the electronics are crap. Buy wiring and six switches, which you can get at a Radio Shack or a local electronics store...I got mine at a HAM Radio gathering, the parts and wiring shouldn't cost more than $10 American dollars. Then re-wire the guitar similarly or modified to the way Brian did it so you can maximize the tonal possibilities of the pickups...then buy a DigiTech BM Pedal...That's a relatively cheap way to achieve that tone, and that style of your guitar...I know there's plenty of other ways to do it. But for what its worth I hope that helps...

"Oh oh people of the earth

Listen to the warning the seer he said

For those who hear and mark my words

Listen to the good plan." -Brian May

(The Prophet's Song)
AmeriQueen user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1072 posts

Posted: 03 Nov 06, 04:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I tried for years to get the sound authentic, strong, but with contollable volume. I managed to do well with the first two, but only when LOUD AS HELL!!

While on one hand I am slightly bummed that all my hard work is so easily pushed away, it is cool as hell that Digitech has finally solved the problem.