Forums > Queen - General Discussion > Who has sold more? Quuen or Bee Gee's

forum rss feed
Author

mircal user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 555 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 29 Oct 06, 03:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hey All,

On australian idol tonight they said onky Elvis, Beatles and some one else has sold more albums than the Bee Gee's. I am certain Queen have sold more. I think Queen our in the 200 mil stage were the Bee Gee's are 150-200mil. Can any one add anything to this?

gem27 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 243 posts

Posted: 29 Oct 06, 09:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

i know the biggest selling soundtrack of all time is saturday night fever which was The Bee Gees album so that may edge it toward them? i really don't know the exact figures.

Bambi user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 316 posts

Posted: 31 Oct 06, 00:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It is Queen, selling more along with Elvis and The Beatles in the U.K.

The Fairy King user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Fairy King
Deity: 8686 posts

Posted: 31 Oct 06, 03:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Quuen are great.

Killed by drones.
Drowse1 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 153 posts

Posted: 31 Oct 06, 07:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Queen have sold more albums in the UK than any other act in history. But around the world I would have thought any 1 of 4 acts may have outsold Queen. Elvis, The Beatles, The Stones or The Bee Gees.

I reign with my left hand, I rule with my right.
Micrówave user not visiting Queenzone.com
Delilah, on Medium Power
Micrówave
Deity: 7037 posts

Posted: 31 Oct 06, 13:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Quuen Rokcs!

Merkin.

JoxerTheDeityPirate user not visiting Queenzone.com
JoxerTheDeityPirate
Deity: 6272 posts

Posted: 31 Oct 06, 19:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

weed will stone you

must get a copy!

lol!

by the way i think abba might fit in this equation of big sellers.not my personal taste but its just a thought

isnt innuendo an italian suppository?

im gonna ride the wild wind!

its_a_hard_life wrote:you nutcase you rule!

joxer replies: but in a nice way :-]

Posted: 31 Oct 06, 19:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

What makes me laugh is that Queen actually have a better chart history than the Beatles, yet the Beatles have sold more.. Obviosuly due to the decade they had over them and i mean, hello!!!!, its the beatles, but Queen have had more chart time than any other band.

user name user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1449 posts

Posted: 01 Nov 06, 01:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

mircal wrote:

What makes me laugh is that Queen actually have a better chart history than the Beatles, yet the Beatles have sold more.. Obviosuly due to the decade they had over them and i mean, hello!!!!, its the beatles, but Queen have had more chart time than any other band.

Also, the Beatles were media-whores. Actually, I think they invented media-whoredom. If not, they were the best at it, even by today's standards.

Creativity can always cover for a lack of knowledge.
The prophet's song user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1044 posts

Posted: 01 Nov 06, 03:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Here's a chart of who sold how much incase it helps any (well, scroll down untill you get to it)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_music_artists

Incase you can't be bothered reading it, according to this, yes, Queen have sold more :)

"Either this kid has a lightbulb up his ass or his colon has a great idea"
I♥The80's user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1916 posts

Posted: 01 Nov 06, 13:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The prophet's song wrote:

Here's a chart of who sold how much incase it helps any (well, scroll down untill you get to it)

Incase you can't be bothered reading it, according to this, yes, Queen have sold more :)

How the fuck has Alla Pugachova sold over 250 mill albums??? Oh wait, it says "claim to have sold", what a liar! She a horrible Russian singer! I DO NOT believe that she is up there with Queen and those other huge names who are popular WORLD WIDE. I bet nobody (except Anna and myself) know who the hell she is!!! argghhhhh

I is Tamara. ;)

>_> I'll stop changing my name now....

MSN address: lil_ruski_violinist@hotmail.com
Gone. user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 7178 posts

Posted: 01 Nov 06, 15:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<font color=FF00CC>Mademoiselle Bulsara wrote:

How the fuck has Alla Pugachova sold over 250 mill albums??? Oh wait, it says "claim to have sold", what a liar! She a horrible Russian singer! I DO NOT believe that she is up there with Queen and those other huge names who are popular WORLD WIDE. I bet nobody (except Anna and myself) know who the hell she is!!! argghhhhh

She sucks ass.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Freddie could outsing her by lifting a finger ;)

Bobby_brown user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2300 posts

Posted: 01 Nov 06, 15:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

O.K, fair enough, but Deep Purple over 100.000.000?

The Beatles and EMI claim that the band has sold over 1.000.000.000 (1 billion), not counting the pirated copyes in Asia!!

But what´s interesting in Led Zeppelin and Elvis and Beatles, is that each one of them has sold over 100.000.000 in the USA alone.

In Queen´s case, it´s a pitty that America didn´t have more interest in them, otherwise they could add an extra 70.000.000 CD´s to their statistics (not counting the singles here!)

Take care

The prophet's song user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1044 posts

Posted: 01 Nov 06, 22:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<font color="FF0033">ITiedYourMotherDown wrote:

<font color=FF00CC>Mademoiselle Bulsara wrote:

She sucks ass.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Freddie could outsing her by lifting a finger ;)

I dunno who she is either..

"Either this kid has a lightbulb up his ass or his colon has a great idea"
brENsKi user not visiting Queenzone.com
How shall we f**k off, Oh Lord
brENsKi
Deity: 8088 posts

Posted: 02 Nov 06, 03:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

worldwide you'd have to have

Beatles, elvis, U2, REM, madonna all above queen on total sales - just by virtue of the fact that the last three have all been regularly making albums for the last 15 yrs

go deo na hÉireann

Posted: 02 Nov 06, 05:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<font color=green>Bren<font color=orange>ski wrote:

Beatles, elvis, U2, REM, madonna all above queen on total sales - just by virtue of the fact that the last three have all been regularly making albums for the last 15 yrs

I actaully think queen have sold more than u2. yeah there stiull going but queenwere around longer

Bobby_brown user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2300 posts

Posted: 02 Nov 06, 11:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

REM?

brENsKi user not visiting Queenzone.com
How shall we f**k off, Oh Lord
brENsKi
Deity: 8088 posts

Posted: 02 Nov 06, 11:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

mircal wrote:

I actaully think queen have sold more than u2. yeah there stiull going but queenwere around longer

sorry - but you gotta be kidding...U2 have been bigegr in america for the last 15 years than queen ever were...so U2 outsell queen easily in USA....and you only have to look at their gigs worldwide to see the global audience U2 have....queen have not had that power since 86....that's 20 yrs ago - and even then it was only a european tour

ask yourself - what did queen actually sell in the uSA in the 80s? and how well have U2 done since 1982 to date?

go deo na hÉireann
Micrówave user not visiting Queenzone.com
Delilah, on Medium Power
Micrówave
Deity: 7037 posts

Posted: 02 Nov 06, 11:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Bobby_brown wrote:

REM?

*chimes in*

yeah, REM? Huh? I play bigger rooms than those guys now and I've never made an album!!!

Posted: 02 Nov 06, 15:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

mircal wrote:

sorry - but you gotta be kidding...U2 have been bigegr in america for the last 15 years than queen ever were...so U2 outsell queen easily in USA....and you only have to look at their gigs worldwide to see the global audience U2 have....queen have not had that power since 86....that's 20 yrs ago - and even then it was only a european tour

ask yourself - what did queen actually sell in the uSA in the 80s? and how well have U2 done since 1982 to date?

Big deal, queen are bigger world wide, they have better albums that are always higher in the charts, just coz U2 arw big in usa dont count for the rest of the world, queen have at least 10-15 years head start and queen were huge even in there early days. sorry, but queen have sold more