Forums > Queen - General Discussion > New Band Name

forum rss feed
Author

mircal user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 555 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 29 Oct 06, 22:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hey All,

I just think it would be interesting should bri and Rog go for a new band name, i know they probably wont but if they did i think would be funny should they go by the old name of "smile". I mean, they have come a full circle. If you listen to some of smiles work it does queen-ish, obviosuly with Brians Guitar work. There is even a song that sounds like flash from smile. Ofcourse, it wont happen, but it would be interesting, to go back to were it all started. That would make a story.

Lester Burnham user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5870 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 29 Oct 06, 22:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

What an original idea!! You should email Brian and let him know your thoughts, he might consider it.

mircal user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 555 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 29 Oct 06, 22:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

My god,,,, is that Sarcasm ?

M a t i a s M a y user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1932 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 30 Oct 06, 00:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

hahahahahah

xD


...End of the Beginning...



My Mystical Flog ---> http://www.fotolog.com/woodywoodbecker



A Clockwork World, my blog ---> http://aclockworkworld.blogspot.com
muttley15 user not visiting Queenzone.com
muttley15
Bohemian: 149 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 30 Oct 06, 02:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Taylor May'd - works for me, a good play on words


listen to the breeze, whisper to me please, don't send me to the path of nevermore.......
Raf user not visiting Queenzone.com
Stop this noise!
Raf
Deity: 8274 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 30 Oct 06, 03:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

mircal wrote:

Hey All,

I just think it would be interesting should bri and Rog go for a new band name, i know they probably wont but if they did i think would be funny should they go by the old name of "smile". I mean, they have come a full circle. If you listen to some of smiles work it does queen-ish, obviosuly with Brians Guitar work. There is even a song that sounds like flash from smile. Ofcourse, it wont happen, but it would be interesting, to go back to were it all started. That would make a story.

No.


We got the Cosmos rockin'!

We got the Cosmos rockin'!

We got the Universe rockin'!

We got the Cosmos rockin'!

We got the Cosmos rockin' to the mighty power of rock'n'roll!
Poo, again user not visiting Queenzone.com
Poo, again
Deity: 4776 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 30 Oct 06, 04:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

muttley15 wrote:

Taylor May'd - works for me, a good play on words


Lovely.


[QUOTE][QUOTENAME]Jake? wrote: I want him to shove it down my throat and shoot. Shoot! Shoot! C'mon! SHOOT! SHOOT!

[/QUOTENAME]



[/QUOTE]







August R. user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 561 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 30 Oct 06, 04:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

No Tim = NO SMILE!!

Smile 1970 RIP!

There will NEVER be Smile without Tim. How dare you even suggest something like this?!?


stateside fan user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 632 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 30 Oct 06, 04:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

QPR will be the name..just the initials.


john pistlli
mircal user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 555 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 30 Oct 06, 05:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<font color="lime">KillerKing840 wrote:

mircal wrote:

Hey All,

I just think it would be interesting should bri and Rog go for a new band name, i know they probably wont but if they did i think would be funny should they go by the old name of "smile". I mean, they have come a full circle. If you listen to some of smiles work it does queen-ish, obviosuly with Brians Guitar work. There is even a song that sounds like flash from smile. Ofcourse, it wont happen, but it would be interesting, to go back to were it all started. That would make a story.

No.



some ones touchy on the subject

mircal user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 555 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 30 Oct 06, 05:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

August R. wrote:

No Tim = NO SMILE!!

Smile 1970 RIP!

There will NEVER be Smile without Tim. How dare you even suggest something like this?!?


I can suggest what ever i like..Queen 1991 RIP so what the difference sook.

mircal user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 555 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 30 Oct 06, 05:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

stateside fan wrote:

QPR will be the name..just the initials.


Thank you,

Mr Faron Hyte user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 565 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 30 Oct 06, 10:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

muttley15 wrote:

Taylor May'd - works for me, a good play on words


Its definitely a play on words. Good? I dunno ...

Jazz 78 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 502 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 30 Oct 06, 10:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Queen and Company?

Megamike The GREAT user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2264 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 30 Oct 06, 10:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

How about "3 has beens and the wannabe's"


My Brothers and Sisters all hated me 'cause I was an only child...

-Weird Al (Generic Blues)



I gave up on books when 'To Kill A Mockingbird' gave me no useful advice on how to kill a mockingbird.
Tannya user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 55 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 30 Oct 06, 11:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

MMM i suggest something completely different, but I don´t know exactly what...mmmh


Surrender your ego be free be free...
L-R-TIGER1994 user not visiting Queenzone.com
member of the Royal Family
L-R-TIGER1994
Deity: 3652 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 30 Oct 06, 12:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

May be Pueen or Querodgers,or whatever.


Heap big woman you made an asshole outta me....gimme your bums and ride!!!!!!
Smitty user not visiting Queenzone.com
Cool, we have display messages
Smitty
Deity: 6196 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 30 Oct 06, 12:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I already answered this question in a previous thread.

All they have to do is take the R from Rodgers and replace the N in Queen with it. That'll sell a lot of records...

Micrówave user not visiting Queenzone.com
Delilah, on Medium Power
Micrówave
Deity: 7037 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 30 Oct 06, 12:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Or maybe just drop the "Q".


mircal wrote:

Hey All,

I just think it would be interesting should bri and Rog go for a new band name


Ok Mircal. How 'bout "Merkin"?

val 29467 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 425 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 30 Oct 06, 12:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

my last thought before I fell asleep because of this thread was: oh no, not again!


but you don't give me comfort and a man's gotta get it somewhere -brian may

i'll give you comfort brian XD