Forums > Queen - General Discussion > Borat again mentions "Frederik Mercury"

forum rss feed
Author

theCro user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1056 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 01 Nov 06, 20:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABw8SAsmGDc

i cant belive, he said some really funny things i laughted :) but when he said he died in CAR CRASH i just couldnt stop smiling lol

this comedy is good :)

mircal user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 555 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 01 Nov 06, 20:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I did laugh.... It was funny... Mind you this is what the third time he has said freddies name in these clips...

SomebodyWhoLoves user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 842 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 01 Nov 06, 21:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

What is so funny about this guy? I don't get it? Maybe I am not intelligent enough but he was very annoying, and not funny.

mircal user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 555 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 01 Nov 06, 22:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SomebodyWhoLoves wrote:

What is so funny about this guy? I don't get it? Maybe I am not intelligent enough but he was very annoying, and not funny.



I suppose you just need ot get used to him. I mean i never liked Ali G from the start, but now i dont mind him. I first saw Borat and didnt think much of it but i dont mind it now, it grows on you.

Deacon Fan user not visiting Queenzone.com
on vacation
Deacon Fan
Royalty: 1757 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 01 Nov 06, 22:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I find him boring. I just watched him on Letterman from Monday and didn't laugh once. From what I can tell he has a style of being simply annoying and then randomly inserting "shocking" statements which are supposed to evoke laughter.

It doesn't work for me but to each his own. I do get tired of hearing his name everywhere though :-P

Katastrophe Mercury user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 307 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 01 Nov 06, 23:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

i dont know why, but i dont like Borat...i saw him on the Late Show w/ David Letterman and just didnt like him at all...
maybe it was because of what he was saying about his "fifteen year old wife"...i dunno...

mircal user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 555 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 01 Nov 06, 23:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

There all fare points, we all have different tastes in comedy, trust me, i know, i did a stand up comedy gig last night to 150 people, about 30% loved it... so you can imagin im not having a real happy day today.

7Innuendo7 user not visiting Queenzone.com
7Innuendo7
Bohemian: 816 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 01 Nov 06, 23:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

imho Borat's funny, he's twisted like Mencia or Foxworthy. He's not busting on Freddie. That looks like a picture of Freddie or the Miracle video Freddie kid next to the journalist on the couch


When a red hot man meets a white hot lady, Hoop Diddy Diddy, Hoop Diddy Doo!
mircal user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 555 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 02 Nov 06, 00:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

7Innuendo7 wrote:

imho Borat's funny, he's twisted like Mencia or Foxworthy. He's not busting on Freddie. That looks like a picture of Freddie or the Miracle video Freddie kid next to the journalist on the couch



Yeah i know, i saw the pic... i was thinking the exact same thing

Jakobe user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 197 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 02 Nov 06, 02:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

mircal wrote:

I did laugh.... It was funny... Mind you this is what the third time he has said freddies name in these clips...


Yeah really. Wonder if Sasha Baron Cohen is a Queen fan.

The Fairy King user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Fairy King
Deity: 8686 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 02 Nov 06, 02:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

xD wawaweewa!


Killed by drones.
RETROLOVE user not visiting Queenzone.com
RETROLOVE
Deity: 2522 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 02 Nov 06, 05:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Naw, he aint funny


Loving the pass, cherishing the present, and looking forward to the future

mircal user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 555 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 02 Nov 06, 05:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Jakobe wrote:

mircal wrote:

I did laugh.... It was funny... Mind you this is what the third time he has said freddies name in these clips...


Yeah really. Wonder if Sasha Baron Cohen is a Queen fan.


Well i was starting to think that my self... I would say he just might be.

theCro user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1056 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 02 Nov 06, 08:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sasha Baron Cohen once said he is huge Queen fan

scprof user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 232 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 02 Nov 06, 10:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

600,000 entrants in a Freddie Mercury lookalike competition. And Borat came 6th.


Death to Rapidshare. Long Live BitTorrent!!
Micrówave user not visiting Queenzone.com
Delilah, on Medium Power
Micrówave
Deity: 7037 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 02 Nov 06, 11:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

LongLostMercury wrote:

i dont know why, but i dont like Borat...i saw him on the Late Show w/ David Letterman and just didnt like him at all...
maybe it was because of what he was saying about his "fifteen year old wife"...i dunno...


Yeah but she was 12 when they married. He's a son of a rapist, from Khazikstan (where he is now banned!!!), and he paid good money for that wife. If that's not funny, then I don't know what is.

The act is MEANT to offend. If you don't get it, you probably never will, but this guy is going to make a crapload of money. Hopefully he doesn't Chappelle.

The Fairy King user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Fairy King
Deity: 8686 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 02 Nov 06, 11:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

¼Microwave wrote:

LongLostMercury wrote:

i dont know why, but i dont like Borat...i saw him on the Late Show w/ David Letterman and just didnt like him at all...
maybe it was because of what he was saying about his "fifteen year old wife"...i dunno...


Yeah but she was 12 when they married. He's a son of a rapist, from Khazikstan (where he is now banned!!!), and he paid good money for that wife. If that's not funny, then I don't know what is.

The act is MEANT to offend. If you don't get it, you probably never will, but this guy is going to make a crapload of money. Hopefully he doesn't Chappelle.


xD Nice one. Borat is waay funnier than Dave though.


Killed by drones.
Katastrophe Mercury user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 307 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 02 Nov 06, 13:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

¼Microwave wrote:

LongLostMercury wrote:

i dont know why, but i dont like Borat...i saw him on the Late Show w/ David Letterman and just didnt like him at all...
maybe it was because of what he was saying about his "fifteen year old wife"...i dunno...


Yeah but she was 12 when they married. He's a son of a rapist, from Khazikstan (where he is now banned!!!), and he paid good money for that wife. If that's not funny, then I don't know what is.

The act is MEANT to offend. If you don't get it, you probably never will, but this guy is going to make a crapload of money. Hopefully he doesn't Chappelle.


well fuckin excuse me then if Borat isn't my cup of tea when it comes to comedy.
jesus christ...

FriedChicken user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 10641 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 02 Nov 06, 14:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

very funny :D


"On the first day Pim & Niek created a heavenly occupation. Pim & Niek blessed it and named it 'Loosch'."



(Genesis 1:1)
David Jones user not visiting Queenzone.com
David Jones
Deity: 2469 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 02 Nov 06, 14:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The original series of Borat on the old Ali G shows was very funny, but anything after that - forget it, same jokes but not as funny.

The best of that series is on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFP-MktgOKU


"Freddie would have loved it" - Brian May