Forums > Queen - General Discussion > Question about the "Queen In Nuce" album...please respond somebody!

forum rss feed
Author

Katastrophe Mercury user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 307 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 02 Nov 06, 17:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

i found Queen in Nuce on cd on ebay, and read the track listing, and saw the songs for Smile on there. now, i realize these songs were WRITTEN by Smile, but is it FREDDIE who sings them, or Tim Staffell? i mean, i'd assume it would be Freddie since it's QUEEN In Nuce, not SMILE In Nuce, but i wanted to make sure.

please can someone answer this soon? the item listing ends in three days, and i'd like to have the answer asap. thanks!

Poo, again user not visiting Queenzone.com
Poo, again
Deity: 4776 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 02 Nov 06, 17:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Most songs are sung by Staffel, I think.


[QUOTE][QUOTENAME]Jake? wrote: I want him to shove it down my throat and shoot. Shoot! Shoot! C'mon! SHOOT! SHOOT!

[/QUOTENAME]



[/QUOTE]







mircal user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 555 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 02 Nov 06, 17:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I actaully have it.. freddie did cover the smile songs. There are a few that i have herd with Tim that freddie has done.

Katastrophe Mercury user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 307 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 02 Nov 06, 17:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

mircal wrote:

I actaully have it.. freddie did cover the smile songs. There are a few that i have herd with Tim that freddie has done.


so are you saying that all of the Smile songs on there are covered by Freddie? or that a few are done with Tim?

mircal user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 555 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 02 Nov 06, 19:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

LongLostMercury wrote:

mircal wrote:

I actaully have it.. freddie did cover the smile songs. There are a few that i have herd with Tim that freddie has done.


so are you saying that all of the Smile songs on there are covered by Freddie? or that a few are done with Tim?


LLM... Ill get back to you on that one.

boca user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 399 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 02 Nov 06, 20:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Freddie sang most of them, few are sang by Brian and Roger


I think I'm banana tree...
Jan78 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 264 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 02 Nov 06, 21:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

This is ridiculous, but then again we are not in the serious forum either. Queen in Nuce is definitely NOT an album of Smile songs sung by Freddie. They are songs by Smile, sung by Tim or Brian and Roger (in case of April Lady) and that's the end of the story. On top of that you have non-Smile songs like Mad The Swine or Goin' Back, and yes, that's Freddie.

Jan

Deacon Fan user not visiting Queenzone.com
on vacation
Deacon Fan
Royalty: 1757 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 02 Nov 06, 21:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yeah Freddie vacationed in Nuce and recorded a couple songs for it there.

Katastrophe Mercury user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 307 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 02 Nov 06, 22:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

...
okay, nevermind. one person says Tim sang, one person says Freddie...

i'll just ask the seller...maybe THEY will know for sure.

mircal user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 555 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 02 Nov 06, 22:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Jan78 wrote:

This is ridiculous, but then again we are not in the serious forum either. Queen in Nuce is definitely NOT an album of Smile songs sung by Freddie. They are songs by Smile, sung by Tim or Brian and Roger (in case of April Lady) and that's the end of the story. On top of that you have non-Smile songs like Mad The Swine or Goin' Back, and yes, that's Freddie.

Jan



freddie has done some of smiles songs.

Megamike The GREAT user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2264 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 02 Nov 06, 22:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

LongLostMercury wrote:

...
okay, nevermind. one person says Tim sang, one person says Freddie...

i'll just ask the seller...maybe THEY will know for sure.


I KNOW for sure and the Smile stuff was sung by SMILE..which was Tim, Brian and Roger.. and you can bet your last dollar on that!


My Brothers and Sisters all hated me 'cause I was an only child...

-Weird Al (Generic Blues)



I gave up on books when 'To Kill A Mockingbird' gave me no useful advice on how to kill a mockingbird.
mircal user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 555 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 03 Nov 06, 00:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Megamike The GREAT wrote:

LongLostMercury wrote:

...
okay, nevermind. one person says Tim sang, one person says Freddie...

i'll just ask the seller...maybe THEY will know for sure.


I KNOW for sure and the Smile stuff was sung by SMILE..which was Tim, Brian and Roger.. and you can bet your last dollar on that!


and freddie sung some too!!!!!!

Bohemian Rahpsody user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 105 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 03 Nov 06, 06:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Any idea if they sell Queen in Nuce as a regular albulm world wide (mainly asking for OZ).

Thanks,

B.R


Freddies Lover
mircal user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 555 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 03 Nov 06, 08:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Bohemian Rahpsody wrote:

Any idea if they sell Queen in Nuce as a regular albulm world wide (mainly asking for OZ).

Thanks,

B.R


I havent seen any, and i mean iv been looking in the city and all sorts of places.. its very rare

Phill the Thrill user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 228 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 03 Nov 06, 11:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I have the album (special ordered it from HMV)

1. Going Back - Freddie as Larry Lurex
2. I Can Hear Music - Freddie as Larry Lurex
3. Mad The Swine - Freddie
4. Earth - Tim (no freddie)
5. April Lady - brian (no freddie)
6. Polar Bear - tim (no freddie)
7. Step On Me -tim (no freddie)
8. Blag -tim (no freddie)

hope that helps


Queen+PR Vancouver 13/04/06 anyone? Please FIND and SHARE it!
kohuept user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 552 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 03 Nov 06, 11:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Jan and Megamike are correct.


You just can't beat the reasonably priced mosquito repellant OFF.
Megamike The GREAT user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2264 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 03 Nov 06, 11:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

mircal wrote:

Megamike The GREAT wrote:

LongLostMercury wrote:

...
okay, nevermind. one person says Tim sang, one person says Freddie...

i'll just ask the seller...maybe THEY will know for sure.


I KNOW for sure and the Smile stuff was sung by SMILE..which was Tim, Brian and Roger.. and you can bet your last dollar on that!


and freddie sung some too!!!!!!


ok.. let me clear ONE thing.. on QUEEEN in NUCE, the Smile songs are NOT Sung by Freddie.. THAT Was the question asked... but yes, Freddie did sing Polar Bear at a later time.. but that wasn't the question.. and it is correct, it is NOT a Smile CD.. but it does have all but ONE Smile song on it. and that was DOING ALRIGHT..

so please Mircal, do us a favor and do your homework before replying to a thread.. I understand that you know that Freddie DID sing stuff later.. but as I said that wasnt the question.. I have the Gettin Smile LP and have compared these to that and can therefore make the claim as I did.

GOD.. KIDS... think they know everything..


My Brothers and Sisters all hated me 'cause I was an only child...

-Weird Al (Generic Blues)



I gave up on books when 'To Kill A Mockingbird' gave me no useful advice on how to kill a mockingbird.
kohuept user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 552 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 03 Nov 06, 11:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Phill the Thrill wrote:

I have the album (special ordered it from HMV)

1. Going Back - Freddie as Larry Lurex
2. I Can Hear Music - Freddie as Larry Lurex
3. Mad The Swine - Freddie
4. Earth - Tim (no freddie)
5. April Lady - brian (no freddie)
6. Polar Bear - tim (no freddie)
7. Step On Me -tim (no freddie)
8. Blag -tim (no freddie)

hope that helps


You got it right, but I doubt it will help!


You just can't beat the reasonably priced mosquito repellant OFF.
Micrówave user not visiting Queenzone.com
Delilah, on Medium Power
Micrówave
Deity: 7037 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 03 Nov 06, 13:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Jeez!!! These are nothing new. If you have Ghost of a Smile or Pre-Ordained Queen or any of those other "garbage" CDs, it the same recording.

What I would like to know is WHY it's called Queen in Nuce? Did some guy in France have a CD Recorder/Replicator?

mircal user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 555 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 03 Nov 06, 19:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Megamike The GREAT wrote:

mircal wrote:

Megamike The GREAT wrote:

LongLostMercury wrote:

...
okay, nevermind. one person says Tim sang, one person says Freddie...

i'll just ask the seller...maybe THEY will know for sure.


I KNOW for sure and the Smile stuff was sung by SMILE..which was Tim, Brian and Roger.. and you can bet your last dollar on that!


and freddie sung some too!!!!!!


ok.. let me clear ONE thing.. on QUEEEN in NUCE, the Smile songs are NOT Sung by Freddie.. THAT Was the question asked... but yes, Freddie did sing Polar Bear at a later time.. but that wasn't the question.. and it is correct, it is NOT a Smile CD.. but it does have all but ONE Smile song on it. and that was DOING ALRIGHT..

so please Mircal, do us a favor and do your homework before replying to a thread.. I understand that you know that Freddie DID sing stuff later.. but as I said that wasnt the question.. I have the Gettin Smile LP and have compared these to that and can therefore make the claim as I did.

GOD.. KIDS... think they know everything..



Once again,,, you are another person that makes them self's look big by correcting other people and making them look like dip shits...